|21|

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Ragini

Making dad agree was such a difficult task.

He isn't in favor of me getting married now. He thinks that I need more time to understand Laksh and know if it's really going to work between us or not. But I'm sure that we're definitely going to work together.

I have somehow made him agree.

I don't blame him though. I can understand him. He's a father and I'm his only child. My parents have always been very protective of me. The fact that I'm going to leave them after marriage makes them more upset.

I sighed as I pinned the dupatta to one side and looked at myself in the mirror.

Today I'm going to meet Laksh's parents. I'm feeling so nervous. I just hope they'll like me and I'll be what they want their daughter in law to be.

I was wearing a cotton anarkali suit.

I don't wear traditional clothes often. I just wear them on festivals or occasions.

I asked Laksh about what I should wear. He said wear anything. His parents don't have problem with western clothes but still, I decided to wear this.

I picked up my clutch and walked out of the room. I told my parents that I was leaving and left the house. I found Laksh as always waiting for me. He was dressed in casuals. A green shirt with a pair of jeans.

He looked at me and his eyes showed surprise.

"You look different." he said as I walked over to him.

"Different in a good way or in a bad way?" I asked.

"Ofcourse in a good way."

I smiled at that and both of us got inside. His house was at the other side of the city so it was going to be a long drive.

"Will they like me?" I asked him.

I have asked this question to him hundred times in the past week.

"God Ragini! Why do you think that they'll not like you? Just relax! They're definitely going to like you. I have already shown your picture to them and they liked you."

"Still..."

"Stop overthinking."

I took a deep breath as I kept looking out of the window.

"Why are you so silent?" he asked after a while.

"I'm just nervous." I replied, still not looking at him.

"You don't need to be. My parents are very understanding and loving. They're not scary." he said chuckling.

I looked at him and smiled a little.

"By the way, I wanted to ask you something." he said.

"What?" I asked.

"After we get married, where do you want to go on honeymoon?" he asked winking at me.

My cheeks turned red at his question.

"Which places are in the options?" I asked with attitude.

"The whole world is in options." he said.

"So cheesy." I said chuckling.

"Tell me."

"I don't know. I didn't think about it. I'll search the best places on Google." I said giggling.

"Alright!"

Finally, we reached his house and both of us got out of the car. His house was not very large but not small as well. It was a two storey house with modern design.

We walked towards the door and he pressed the doorbell. A few seconds later, the door was opened my Twinkle.

"Hello bhabhi... We were waiting for you from so long." she said as she hugged me.

"We were coming by road, not by flying." Laksh said rolling his eyes.

Twinkle made faces at her older brother and we got inside.

"Where are ma and papa?" asked Laksh as he looked around.

"Ma is preparing lunch and papa is helping her." she answered.

So cute!

"Helping her or increasing her work?" asked Laksh laughing and Twinkle laughed along.

"I'll just come with the two." Laksh said as he started walking in a direction.

"Bhabhi, sit!" Twinkle said as she held my hand and made me sit besides her.

"So, when are you going to tell about yourself and Yuvraaj to your family?" I asked her.

"Bhabhi... Shh... Speak slowly. If anyhow bhai heard this then I'm dead." she spoke in a whisper.

"Huh... When he can have a life partner of his choice then why can't you?" I asked shaking my head.

"No... He don't have any problem with me choosing my partner myself but he don't want me to get into all this so early. I mean I'm already twenty but he still thinks that I'm born yesterday." she said dramatically.

I chuckled at that. We looked in the direction in which Laksh went as we heard footsteps along with noises. I saw his parents walking towards us and he was behind them.

I immediately got up and greeted them. They smiled at me.

"Lavy, she looks more beautiful in real. I didn't know that you'll have such a great choice." his mom said as she looked at me and then at Laksh.

Lavy?

"Ma! Just now I told you not to call me Lavy." Laksh whined and I widened my eyes.

I started laughing along with everyone besides Laksh. He looked at his family members and then at me. He glared at me and I somehow controlled my laugh.

"Ma, just stop calling me that. I have grown up now." Laksh said with an irritated face.

"Children always remains children for their parents." his father said.

Laksh looked at them annoyed but didn't say anything further. We got seated together and started talking about random things. His parents asked me about my family and studies, my hobbies and all. I had a great time with them. They were very sweet. I was really worrying for nothing. We had our lunch together and then it was the time for us to go back.

They decided to have a meeting with my parents later.

Laksh was talking to his parents while I was standing with Twinkle. They walked over to us and we got out of the house.

"Now I can't wait to make you my daughter in law." his mother said excitedly.

"You just want to get rid of the duty of cooking." his father teased.

"But I don't know cooking." I said giving them a nervous smile.

"It's not a big deal. Not everyone likes to cook. I love it by the way. I'll teach you if you want. I taught cooking to Lavy. I'm sure, teaching you isn't going to be that tough."she said laughing.

I chuckled at that and we left after bidding bye to them.

"They're very sweet." I said to Laksh.

"I told you."

We remained silent for the half of the ride.

"Lavy! I liked this name." I said teasingly as I controlled myself from laughing.

Laksh looked at me and shot a glare in my direction.

"Don't call me that." he warned.

"Why? It's such a cute name."

"I don't like it." he said making faces.

I laughed in return.

It has been a week since I met his parents. Both of ours parents also met each other and has now decided to make us married as they're satisfied with our respective choices and families.

I'm so excited.

"The muhurat is after one month." mom told me and dad.

We were sitting in the hall, having tea.

"Everything is happening so fast." dad spoke.

"It's supposed to happen, today or tomorrow." mom said sighing.

"I know what you both are thinking and feeling but relax guys. I'm not going very far. I'll be in the same city." I said trying to make my parents feel lighter.

The thought of me leaving this house and my parents makes my heart so heavy but this is what happens. I can't make Laksh stay with us know.

"Okay... It's not the time to get emotional. Let's save our tears for the bidaai and start preparations for the wedding." mom said cheering us up.

I walked into Laksh's room but couldn't find him there. I looked in the direction of the washroom and saw the door closed. I sat on the bed, waiting for him to come out and give him the good news.

I looked at the door of the washroom again as it clicked open and Laksh came out with just a towel draped around his waist. I immediately turned my face away.

"Laksh!"

"What Laksh? I wasn't expecting you to be here."

"Get dressed fast. I have something to tell you."

"Why are you looking away? Look at me. You should start getting used to of seeing me like this." he said and I knew he was smirking.

"Just wear the clothes, now!"

"Okay, mommy!" he said laughing at me and then I heard the sound of him opening his cupboard.

"Done! You can turn now. Your bodyguard is in decent condition now." he said laughing again.

I rolled my eyes and turned to him.

"What did you want to tell?" he asked as he moved towards the dresser and started combing his hair.

"The date for our marriage has been decided." I said jumping in happiness.

He instantly looked at me.

"When?" he asked.

"Mom and your ma talked to their respective pandits. The date is after a month." I replied as I walked to him.

"One month! It's so late." he complained and I giggled.

"Intezaar mein maza hai meri jaan." I said as I stood on my toes, he bent down a little and I circled my hands around his neck.

"Huh... What were we doing till now? Weren't we waiting?" he asked as he snaked his hand around my waist.

"Just a little more wait." I said smiling.

"What else can we do?" he asked rolling his eyes and I chuckled.

We kept talking for a while and then I decided to go back.

"What's this?" I asked as I got up from the bed and my eyes fell on an envelope placed on the side table.

"Oh! This is an appointment letter for my new job. I'm going to join as soon I'll resign from here." he answered.

"You didn't tell me about this." I pointed out.

"It just slipped off my mind. And there's nothing new in the job. The work will be the same, just work place will change." he said.

"Wait! You'll work as a bodyguard for someone else?" I asked with wide eyes.

"Yes!"

"That means you'll live at their house like you live here?"

"Not in every case this happens but ya, in this case, I have to."

"Are you crazy? You'll not be single anymore. We're getting married. You'll live there and I'll live without you. Huh..." I said shaking my head in disagreement.

"What can I do? That's my job."

"Who's the person you're going to join for?" I asked crossing my arms around my chest.

I don't like it. He'll live six days of the week away from me. I will not even be able to see his face. This is not acceptable for me.

"The model, Yami Sharma." he said making me more shocked.

"What the hell Laksh! You're going to be with a girl, more than half of the day, everyday. This is not done."

"Ragini! This is what my job is. And what's the difference if I work for a male or a female? I'll just be doing my duty. You don't trust me enough?" he asked with big eyes.

"No! It's not about trusting you. I trust you the most." I spoke before he could take me wrong.

"Then what's the problem?"

"I trust you but I don't trust any other woman. I mean, you're a perfect man. Any girl can get attracted to you and attached to you if you'll spend so many hours with them. Like I did. I don't want that."

"That's a totally different thing. Here, I love you too but I will not be having anything for them."

"But that can't stop them and the most important thing, I'll not be there to keep an eye on this model or anyone." I said gritting my teeth.

"Then what should I do? Should I not do a job? Then how are we going to get our living?" he asked.

"I don't know. You're not going to do this job. Infact, you're not even going to do the job of a bodyguard. You're just my bodyguard, no one else's." I said adamantly.

"I don't agree with you." he said shaking his head in denial.

This isn't going to end well.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Uii... Ab kya hoga re?😲

Don't forget to share your reviews about the chapter.

Please ignore any mistakes.
Thank you for reading.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro