• 2 - "I'm sixteen years old..." •

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

<The Next Day...>

I was hopping across rooftops, searching for my target.

"...N.U.L.L. Puppet, Do you copy?"

"Yes." I whispered into my headset.

"Good, you're target is below you."

"Got it." I said, taking the headset off, before hopping to the door. I picked the lock, and turned into a shadow as I snuck around the area.

Lila, Skitty, age 10, poses a threat...

I reviewed my info, before sneaking into a little girl's room.

She was asleep.

I took a step towards her, no longer a shadow.

Another step, and another, a shadowy claw at the ready...

I stood next to the bed.

The claw hovered over the girl who was snoring softly.

And...

"AAAAH!!!" I woke up, sitting up straight instantly. I heard knocking on my door. Before I could answer it, Virgo walked in, followed by Ace and Gus. "You alright?" Virgo walked over to me. "...." I was speechless. I went to say something, but I couldn't speak due to how frightened I was. "...I..." I actually managed to say something. "I was... A Puppet..." I mumbled, "...?" Virgo gave me a concerned look. "You were a what now?" Ace asked, leaning against the doorframe. "Newly Upgraded Long Lasting... Puppet..." I said, burying my face in my hands. My heartbeat grew faster by the second, as my breaths became quick and sharp. "Calm down, Null--", "I'm calm..." I said, shaking. I got out of bed, and walked past the three. "I'm 16 years old... I've killed 39 people in the past 5 months..." I mumbled, as Virgo's eyes widened. "Virgo, hey!" Gus started to panic, as she fell to her knees. Her gaze turned into a glare. "W-what...?" Ace asked me, as I stared at the floor. I turned around to face the door. "And I don't want to kill anyone else...!" I shouted, as I bursted through the door, and ran out of the city.

<Timeskip!~>

I had ran all the way out to the meadow that I had woken up in. I fell to my knees, as I got a headache.

I was tired. My head hurt...

I sat down in the meadow, lying down as I stared up at the starry sky.

I had a dream.

That dream gave me a fragment of my memories back to me.

They had been lost.

"What... Have I done?" I mumbled, as I stared at the sky, lit up by an uncountable amount of stars. My headache slowly faded. I heard someone calling my name. "Null?! Where are you?!" I recognized the voice. I looked over and saw Ace. "There you are." He sighed, running towards me. "...!" I stood up, and began to run, only to be stopped by Ace grabbing my wrist. "W-why...?" I mumbled. "Because you aren't who you think you are." He said, which puzzled me. "How can you tell?" I asked, trying to break free from his grasp, but failing. "I can read people's auras. I can tell that you hadn't intended to 'Kill'." He said. "..." I began to cry. "Come here." He said, as I hugged him, in tears. "..." He stayed silent as I cried. "HEY!" I heard an angered voice. Ace looked over and glared. "Virgo, Calm down." Ace growled. "You don't know her. You met her earlier today, so how can you defend her?!" She snapped. "I read her aura, and she means no harm." He said, as I stood there, looking down. "Whatever I did, I'm sorry. I can't remember anything..." I mumbled. "And she probably doesn't want to remember anything else, either." Ace finished my sentence. "...fine." Virgo huffed, walking away. "But, listen closely. You try anything, I'll kick your ass. And I'll make sure that no one will bury your dead body." She glared, heading back to the village. "Damn... I get that she's been through a lot, but that was a little too extreme..." Ace said, as I sighed. "Don't worry about it. You'll be fine." Ace turned to me and grinned. "...alright..." I mumbled, as Ace took my hand, and headed back to the village. Once we arrived at the house, I curled up into bed, and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heya Guys!!! It's me, Wafflecake!

So... Uh... In all honesty, I've been pretty anxiety-ridden lately, so... I'm surprised that I managed to update something...

(ACE AND NULL IS OTP SOMEWHAT HAHAHAH!!!!)

Haha! ^^'

So, I hope you've enjoyed this chapter, and I'll see you all in the next one!~ BYE BYE!!!! (=゚ω゚)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro