27. A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Thanks for your lovely comments! They are really encouraging!! Please keep expressing your views!!

Love,
Anandita!!

Vote and Comment!!

Friendship Day Special!!!!~~

~~The Gang is back! In this chapter, the old friends return with some new additions. KK, Rhea, Juhi, Mitali and Ali are back, along with a few others ;) Hope you missed them!!

Avni locked herself in the bathroom and cried, cried for her love, her friend, her supporter, her strength, her weakness and her first kiss. She would lie if she said she didn't like it. But, she didn't like how he made her do it. She loved Neil with all her heart. She had imagined a future with him and somewhere along the line she also imagined her first kiss. She wanted her first kiss to be full of love, on their wedding night or when he proposed marriage to her. But all of it now seemed only to a dream. She hated how Neil forced her. She was disgusted by this new version of Neil she saw. But in the heart of hearts, she loved him, she loved all of him- his anger, stubbornness, his evil side, his angel side- everything. But this was not how he could behave with her! There was a difference between choosing and forcing. Neil wasn't giving her a chance to say anything, nor was he letting her make a choice. He always forced what he wanted. If he had asked for something, Avni would have given him or at least, made him understand her point of view. But now, she had had enough. She could no longer cry. He had once taught her to fight back against everyone and now, she is going to do that. This Neil is very different from the Neil she spent time with in Mahabaleshwar. This Neil has come along far. But there is something that Avni is surely missing. "I need to act strong and find out what's wrong with him" Avni stood up, collected herself, looked into the mirror, fixed her appearance and smiled, "stay strong and win him back!" and got out of the washroom to attend the meeting.

Meeting Room, Khanna Empire, Head Office, Mumbai

"So as you see people, we have the consolidated financial statements from Malhotra automobiles in front of us. Looking at the trends, I must say that they have a lot of current assets and we should invest in them." Rahul, Neil's trusted employee put forward his opinion in the little meeting in the huge room.

Neil was sitting in front of the screen, analyzing the sheets and waiting for the responses from his employees. He knew that they shouldn't make this investment in the company but was waiting for someone to point out the reason.

"Rahul, I don't think you are going right here. I think otherwise. According to me we shouldn't invest here" Neil said, slowly, making sure that Rahul got the point.

"But sir-"

"You're right sir, I don't think the current assets would give a clear picture of the company. The company has too much money in receivables and I don't think they are capable of collecting it soon. In short, they do not have much money in hand. We should look deep into this as this doesn't seem favorable" Avni finished, looking at Neil. She knew she was right. She could see the glistening excitement in Neil's eyes hearing her speak. Her heart did a happy dance as she saw Neil agreeing with her by nodding his head.

"Right Ms. Verma. These consolidated financial statements are always deceiving. Always remember guys, you must look for the detailed ones. We are not going to invest since this company won't be able to recover the lent money soon." Neil finished with a tinge of arrogance and control in his voice. Avni looked at him with pride. She remembered how they would often discuss problems in economics and accounting while in school. She smiled at the memory and looked at Neil who had a similar expression. But soon, he masked it. Now Avni knew there was definitely something wrong with him and she planned to sort it out soon.

"Alright, you are dismissed and Ms. Verma in my cabin with a cup of coffee, okay?" Neil asked.

"Yes sir, right away!" Avni said happily and Neil frowned. He couldn't understand her. She was truly an Ajooba- his Ms. Ajooba, he thought and smiled. He was confused, one moment she was disgusted, then crying, she looked as if she hated him, then she had a proud look in her eyes and now an amused expression. Frowning at his thoughts, Neil silently made his way to his cabin.

Pata nhi what this girl wants? She should hate me and cry but here, she is smiling and following whatever I say. No Neil, you have to think of something.... Yes! Work. I'll overload her with work and she will regret coming back to me! Yeah, this is the best way to make her experience hell! Neil thought and smirked.

"May I come in, Sir?" Avni asked, knocking

"Yes, sweetie" Neil said, Avni frowned at the endearment. She loved it but knew that Neil was using it not because he liked to call her that but because he wanted to trouble her. Neil noticed her frowning.

"What? didn't like your new name? Sweetie, the one with sweet lips!" Neil teased. Avni put a fake smile and entered. Neil was confused again. Isn't she supposed to be angry or cry? He thought to himself and started with his new plan.

"So, Ms. Avni let's get back to your schedule setting. Remember, we were talking about it?" Now Avni was confused, she was never given a schedule!

"Tsk tsk Verma. Forgot? Something we were doing before Jess barged in and then we... you know?" Neil said with a teasing smirk.

"Yes sir!" Avni said with a straight face.

"Well from today, you'll arrive at seven instead of nine in the morning because that's the time I report. Since I fired Jess, you'll be filling in as my assistant and secretary. Then you'll prepare my coffee which I take at 7:15 sharp, then you need to note down my entire schedule for the day. Then you'll collect the reports from all the twelve departments on the eight floors. I expect the reports by 7:40. Then, you'll fix my appointments with the department heads and look over the designs for the upcoming two projects. Then I need my breakfast and some personal time. By then, I expect you to arrange my paperwork and files and prepare tenders, if any. You'll also analyze the consolidated statements of all the companies we own and give the presentations by the evening. Prepare reports on my behalf for the upcoming projects and it is your duty to handle my mail simultaneously. Business parties, charities, meetings, everywhere your presence is mandatory. You need to shop gifts for clients, arrange food for the meetings as well as make presentations for the same. It is also your job to inform the lawyer about the clauses we need to make with the deal papers. You need to take notes during each meeting and maintain the client's profile. Then you'll be accompanying me for the factory visits and construction site inspections. Apart from that, you're also responsible for my periodic caffeine requirements and my lunch. Basically you're also responsible for everything concerning me from shopping my underwear to the groceries for my dinner. I hope I'm clear." Neil finished in one go, breathless, and had a glance at Avni, who was standing there, all red. Being red, because one, she was infuriated because of all the work he has addressed to her, coffee, lunch dinner- She is not his maid- she exclaimed but calmed down. Second, she was embarrassed as she pictured herself buying undergarments for Neil. Avni, he's your boss!! But you love him;) you can do this for him. Now smile!!!She told herself and smiled at Neil, who was now irritated. No matter how hard he was trying to infuriate Avni, she kept on smiling. Just at that moment, Neil's phone rang. Neil picked up the call while Avni was there

"Haan, hello KK, abbe hum bachhe nahin hai abb. Ya, whatever happy friendship day to you too. What? Ali is leaving? Accha, yes, we'll have a part tonight, don't worry the bill's on me. Call the gang- Ya, I'll call Juhi and will ask her to bring her man as well. Don't worry. Ya, call Mitali and Rhea, Okay! See you tonight!" Neil said an hung up. He looked at Avni, who was all excited hearing about Ali, her best friend, KK and Rhea. Neil smirked as he knew they hated her too. So to make her feel bad he decided to tease her.

"Ms. Verma, I'm going to a party with MY friends today, you know? Do you have any? Well, it's your responsibility to buy them gifts from my side as you are my personal secretary!" Neil said

"Yes sir!" She smiled sadly. She remembered how Ali had refused to talk to her 2 years back when she called him on his birthday. She wondered if it had to do something with Neil. She was not in contact with anyone except Rhea who was now against Dayawanti, seeing her real side she supported Avni and the two had grown closer, albeit just over the phone. Thinking about this, Avni left Neil cabin to start her work or else she would have to face the devil's wrath.

Vote and Comment!!  

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro