Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A few days later. . .

I was discharged and as soon as I got out of the car with Tara, all the guys came running out to me, Opie first and he hugged me softly. Then swept me off my feet. "Op I didn't break my leg I can walk," I giggled.

"I know but I don't want you to," he smiled down at me, a piece of stray hair falling into his face, which I tucked behind his ear. As soon as we were in the clubhouse Opie put me on my feet.

"It's good to have you home," Jax said and wrapped me in a hug.

"It's good to be home," I told him.

"At least I can keep an eye on you," Opie said gently nudging me in the arm.

"It's okay I'm not going anywhere, I'm on strict rest and pain medication, but I've also been told I can't drive," I said pouting my lip.

"Stop that," He said and kissed me.

"You'll be back on your bike before you know it." Clay said walking over to me.

"Well, we have business to attend to. Maze you go rest," Gemma said.

"Okay," I whined walking to the back room, while the boys walked into the chapel.

I sat down on the bed and unpacked some of my things. Tara walked in, she had a bag on her, and she sat next to me. "Right Maze, don't take all these at once, but I have medication for your pain as you will still be a little sore, and the others are in case you have an infection in the wounds since they didn't use a clean knife," she said.

"Thank you Tara but I think I will be okay," I told her.

"I know but both Jax and Opie worry about you, and told me to get what they thought you would need," she added.

"Thanks, and that's thoughtful about them. Oh, and when the guys are out me and Gemma are taking care of you, just to make sure you don't follow," she said.

"That's not fair," I pined.

"I know, but you're not well enough and they're sparing you from an accident," she explained.

"But I don't like being caged in like an animal," I told her.

"We're aware of that and that's why you have babysitters,she chuckled.

"And here I thought I could be an adult," I replied. There was a knock on the door.

"Yep," I answered. Jax soon came in.

"Tara, can I speak with you?" He asked.

"Sure," she answered, then walked out leaving me by myself, I picked up the medication and began to read the labels on the back.

"Non-drowsy, non-drowsy" I read over and over. Till I found sleeping pills, I knew I would need these.  Jax walked in with something in his arms.

"We have found Abel," He said.

"Abel?" I asked turning my head to the side.

"My son," he said, looking down to the child in his arms.

"That's Abel?" I asked standing up.

"Wanna hold?" He asked.

"No," I said quickly.

"Oh yeah, I forgot you weren't the baby type." he laughed.

"Shut up," I said gently punching him in the arm.

"Your aunt isn't usually that mean, she's just a little bad-tempered," he whispered to his child.

"Will you be joining us for Abels welcome home celebration?" Jax asked.

"Give me half an hour," I said.

"Of course," he answered, and walked out with Abel.

I laid down on the bed, my high heeled boots hanging over the edge, I found my eyes closing and I must've slipped off to the dream world, next thing I know I hear Opie's voice and the door opening. "Maze you okay?" He asked walking in.

"Yes," I answered waking up properly and leaning on my elbows.

"You said half an hour to Jax but you've been two hours, he came to get you but you were out." He said sitting next to me.

"I guess I'm still a little weak," I replied.

"No you're not, you're just tired," he said and picked me up off the bed and carried me to the main area where everyone was, Tigg came over as soon as I was set on my feet and handed me a beer.

"You need this!" He exclaimed.

"Thanks," I said smiling.

Piney made his way over and hugged me gently. "Good to see you're okay kid, you worried me for a second there," he replied with a serious look on his face.

"She's a Teller they never go down," Gemma said gently resting an arm around my shoulders.

"Indeed that's true," I said taking a swig of my beer. Juice came over and hugged me.

"Never scare me like that again, you hear," he smiled.

"I'll try my best not to get caught again," I said.

"Good," He said.

"Okay give her some space to breathe," Opie said taking me by the arm gently and led me outside.

"Now I have you all to myself," he said, resting his hands in the back pockets of my jeans and pulled me closer to him gently, and began to kiss me, being a few inches taller than him meant I didn't have to stand on my toes as much and he didn't have to pull his head down too much. His hands slid out of my pockets, one rested on my back while another entangled into my hair. He pushed my head gently towards him, intensifying the kiss. "I missed you." He said pulling away.

"Opie I missed you too," I replied. "But I am grateful for what you did, without you I probably wouldn't be here today," I said, shuffling from one boot to the other.

"Maze you're standing on my foot," he told me.

"Sorry," I said quickly stepping off. He moved his foot a little, rotating it slowly.

"What are they made of lead?" He asked.

"No leather," I giggled.

"I'm glad you're well enough to do that," Opie commented.

"Do what?" I asked.

"Smile," he answered resting a hand on my cheek.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro