Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

We spent the night in the forest. I woke up to the sound of the birds chirping loudly, the fire was smouldering as it slowly went out. I sat up and stretched, Athos was already packing up and getting ready to leave. "Morning," he said.

"Morning, sleep well?" I asked.

"Yes, you?" He replied.

"No the nightmares are still plaguing my dreams," I said. After a swig of water, I was ready to leave, I pulled myself onto my horses back and rode back to the barracks. I galloped ahead with Athos trailing behind me, as soon as I reached the town it was busy as the street was filled with market stalls, horses were nose to tail and there was no moving anywhere.

"Backstreets?" Athos suggested.

"Probably a smart idea," I said.  Our horse's hooves thundered against the cobbled streets, just when we thought our path was clear we found more stalls at the end of it. 

"Rosa turn around!" Athos called. 

"No," I said and pushed my horse faster, as I approached the people behind the stalls they quickly moved out of the way as my beast thundered towards them. We jumped over a stall of apples but hadn't cleared it, my horse's hooves caught the edge of the stall and pulled it over. Apples hit the floor and tripped up some guards. I stole a glance back and giggled before continuing on my path. 

We turned a sharp corner and was thrown off the side of my horse who kept galloping. "Hey!" I yelled but he couldn't hear me. I brushed myself off, tightened the belt around my waist and walked back to the barracks. There stood at the gates was Aramis and Athos. 

"What happened?" Aramis asked as he walked toward me and pulled hay out of my hair.

"I may have taken a tumble off my horse," I replied. 

"Are you okay?" Athos asked looking me over. 

"Yes, probably just a few bruises," I said. 

"I heard about the raucous you created in the square," Aramis laughed accompanying me to the stables. 

"Yes, my steed can't jump as high as he thinks. He needs more training," I walked to my horse who was stood in his stall with his tack still on. He approached me and neighed loudly. 

"I know, I know," I said removing his bridle and handed it to Aramis. 

"Hey! I am not your servant!" He exclaimed. 

"You are now," I said loosening my horse's girth, I slid the saddle and numnah from my horses back and walked to the tack room, I put his tack onto his peg. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" he asked watching me.

"Yes," I said. "Ask me again and I'll thump you." 

"Yes mam," he replied, we both walked to the courtyard and sat on the bench watching Athos and Porthos spar. 

"You're next," Porthos said pointing his rapier at me.

"Do I have to," I whined. 

"A horse-riding accident is not going to stop you,"  Porthos said. 

"There's no room for excuses," Treville called from the balcony above us. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro