18: McDreamy And His Parents

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I awoke to a heavy pressure around my waist, I looked across at Adi to see his eyes opening, he offered me a smile before allowing me room to move.

"You talk in your sleep by the way" he chuckled

I gasped "I do not, liar" my cheeks automatically becoming a crimson colour, I was always told by Noor that I spoke in my sleep, but I didnt expect to do that here

"Im not lying, scouts honour, I just didnt know you liked me that much" he sat up, his muscular arms spread out as he stretched

"What do you mean" Oh I loathed myself, it wasn't the first time I had dreamt about my boss, but knowing I spoke aloud was so embarassing, don't judge me- I know you all dream about my boss too. If he was a dessert at McDonald's he woul be called McDreamy!

"Oh nothing, you just spoke about the things you would like to do to me" he laughed, then his smile dropped as if he regretted what he had said "Wait, I didnt mean that was what I expected of you, I"

"Its okay, it was a joke, I can take a joke" I smiled

"I just dont want you to think that its one of those things where you can't say no, no matter how far we get, if you ever said stop I would and I understand that last night it seemed like I expected it off of you, like it was a necessity and it isnt, you are welcome here anytime and there is no pressure" his eyes full of sincerity "Im not that kind of man where if you flirt or something that I expect to go further" he reached for my hand

"Thank you" I squeezed his hand before standing up "Have you got a spare toothbrush" yes I am aware im running from the subject, so sue me, I really had no idea how to respond without making a fool of myself

"Bathroom cabinet, ill make tea" he stood up as I pondered over to the bathroom

XXX

"So, Zoya, I was thinking we both take the day off of work and you come and meet my parents"

My eyes widened in alarm and I began to choke on my tea, only for him to slap my back and ask me if I was okay. I coughed out a "Im great" and he stepped away

"So, is that a yes"

I had no excuse to offer, I knew if I wanted to take this further then I had to do this eventually "Sure, ill need to change and shower"

Adi smiled, then suddenly I was in his arms and he was spinning me around "Thank you, you've made me so happy"

"Now who's acting like ive proposed" I rested my arms around his neck, running my nails down his scalp, touching him was like an addiction and I didnt have the willpower to make myself stop

"Promise me something Zoya"

"Depends what it is" I smiled

"Dont ever sell yourself short, you're amazing and im so lucky to have you" he put me down slowly "Promise me Zoya please"

"Yes boss"

He huffed "You make it so hard to not ravish you sometimes Zoya" he kissed my cheek then grabbed his car keys "Come on then"

I stood slack jawed for a while before following him out, he always spoke about things like that and expected me not to have a reaction, did he forget who I was? His number one fan, saying things like they were offhanded comments made me have palpitations

XXX

Adi pulled open the car door for me, "My mum may be a little hard to impress, but she'll love you" he nodded

Hard to impress, really? Why was my life so hard, the things one must do for the man of their dreams.

I watched as the door was pulled open, a woman who didn't look anywhere near old enough to be Adi's mum squealed and wrapped her arms around him. I recalled how he had said he was a mummy's boy.

"Adi, who's this" she glared at me

"Oh ma, this is Zoya, she"

"Yes, I heard, your new thing, come in then" she didnt offer me a hello, instead carried on walking then turned towards me "Zoya is it, come into the kitchen please"

I looked at Adi for some help but he was to busy talking to his father who offered me a smile. I followed her into the kitchen, prepared for many things as she began to make tea

"So, I think we all know here that you're only with my son for money, poor women like you make my blood boil"

I bit my tounge, I knew a sassy response would get me nowhere right now "With all respect, you dont know me well enough to make that insinuation, I walked away from my family for him, his money is not what I want"

She laughed "You expect me to see Waseem Siddiqui's daughter walk into my house and believe she's here for anything else but my son's money" she shook her head "You wont get a penny out of him, he's not stupid and you will never have my approval"

I frowned at the mention of my father, I didnt want his actions to be used against me but it seemed like that was what I would be subjected to. I followed her back into the front room where Adi's father beckoned me over.

"Your father, he good" his eyes seemed worried

I nodded "Yes Uncle, he's good"

He smiled slightly "I hope your relationship with my son may serve to end the bad blood between both families"

I was about to reply when I heard a cup slam onto the table "Harsh, enough, you know she's only here for money, and fame, she's no good no one from that family is"

"I would really prefer it if you didnt keep dragging my family into this conversation, this isnt about them" I tried to remain polite, but I really was getting mad

"You and your stupid sister need to be away from my family, you think I can't see right through your act, but I can, you're both goldiggers" her eyes full of hatred as she looked my way

"Look I know how this seems, but"

She cut me off "No, I know how it is, first your sister came here trying to get money from us by selling her body to my son and now you're doing the same"

"Hey, dont you dare speak about Noor that way, I have honestly had enough of rich people like you thinking they are fully within their rights to talk down to someone just because they dont have as much money, have you forgotten my family was once richer than yours, yet I dont hold that against you, people like you make me sick and I have tried to remain polite but no one speaks about my sister that way, she is ten times the woman you will ever be" I huffed

"Zoya" someone shouted my name and I was shocked to see it was Adi

"Really, I'm the one in trouble here, you have to be kidding me, have you not heard what she said" this was stupid, I hadnt started this argument, it was his damn mother who had crossed the line

"Zoya, that's enough, I wont have you disrespect my own mother in her home"

I rolled my eyes "Right, I forgot, mummy's boy, im leaving, it was nice to meet you Uncle" I stormed out, slamming the door behind me for good measure.

"Ill drop you home" I heard Adi speak from behind me

I got inside the car, choosing to remain silent as he started to drive, but I just had one question to ask "Why didnt you stick up for me in there, you know im not like that, and you know Noor isnt either, ive always had your back Adi"

He pulled up infront of my house "Its about time you grew up a little Zoya, you can't let everything someone says rile you up, it was a mistake to introduce you to my parents"

Tears filled my eyes, I scrunched up my face to try and stop myself from bursting into tears "What are you trying to say Adi, just spit it out"

He threw his hands up "This, all of this, it was a mistake"

"I see, maybe you're right" I opened the car door, and walked to my home, tears rolling down my face

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro