20: Goodbyes

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

AN: This may be quite a heavy chapter for some so read with caution, also this will be in third person. Please do read the note at the bottom:) It's in bold!

Zoya sat on the large windowsill, her legs bent, knees touching her chest, it felt like the tears would never stop, the pain in her chest was making it hard to breathe. She couldn't move, so sucked in by the way the rain poured, the lightening in the sky the only light she could see on this gloomy day, her eyes fluttered shut and she let out a sob, her nails digging into her hands as she did so.

Her phone buzzed by her side, Adi's name lighting up her screen, though he had cast a dark shadow over her life. She couldn't help but laugh at her own misfortune, but the loneliness was creeping in, never did she expect her life to fall so quickly, in less than a day it felt like the whole world had turned against her

"Aapi" Noor pushed open the door "Its been two days, you haven't ate and I"

"I just want to be alone, please" her voice raspy from the crying "Please just leave me alone Noor"

Noor sighed dejectedly and shut the door behind her

Zoya turned her head to look out of the window only to see Adi stood there, dark bags underneath his eyes, she peered up at the open window and went to close it

"Zoya wait" he pushed his fingers in the gap so she couldnt close it which made her sit back down and turn her head. "I know I am the last person you want to see or hear from right now, I messed up, I know that Zoya, I dont want to just give up on this, on us"

"There is no more us" she bit back, anger laced in her voice

He shut his eyes tightly, how he wished she would laugh and be nervous again, her witty remarks had been his faviourate part of the day, never did he think he would be the reason to break her. He had torn her down in ways that had left her bleeding, and for that he would never forgive himself. "I dont deserve your forgiveness, therefore I will not ask for it, I just came here to see you, its killing me not having you so close, I had something amazing and its my fault I lost it"

Zoya laughed sadly "Dont even try feeling sorry for yourself, you are the worst kind of man, one argument and suddenly you are having sex with Aliyana, the woman you said abused you, I stuck by you, I stood by your side with Aliyana, comforted you, picked you over my family and left my job to work with you, I know you never asked me to do it, but I did and I hate myself for it, but you hurt me in the worse way, because deep down I knew you would hurt me, but you kept reassuring me, damn you even made me feel bad for shouting at your mother, but in truth, it was you that used me, as soon as Aliyana returned you threw me to the side" her breaths shaky as she looked into his eyes "I loved you, I loved you and you broke my heart, I dont know what to do anymore, I dont know how to get back up from this, so dont you dare come to my home and start pitying yourself Mr Hooda"

Adi placed one hand on the window, "You really want me to leave huh"

Zoya nodded

Adi blew his cheeks out, a tear trickled down his cheek "Goodbye you beautiful woman, I truly am sorry for all I have done to you, I just hope you find the happiness you so truly deserve, dont ever change, you're good enough as you are" he whispered

Zoya turned fast to face him "But I wasn't good enough for you, right"

Adi shook his head "No Zoya, it was me that wasn't good enough for you" he leant closer, the alcohol in his pocket bashing against the glass

Zoya looked down at it, her eyes widening slightly "Why do you have that"

He stepped back "No reason Zoya, no reason at all" he looked at her, taking her in, one last time, the last time he would ever see her face again, or hear her voice, he hated himself for losing a gem as rare as her. "Im really going to miss you Zoya" he whispered before turning around to walk away

Zoya jumped from the window, running out of her bedroom she didnt bother to put on shoes as she ran up the road after him "Wait"

Adi turned around, slightly taken back

Zoya reached into his pocket pulling out the alcohol bottle "What exactly were you planning on doing with this" anger coursed through her veins "You dont get to cheat and then come here reminding me that I still love you"

He blinked "You do"

Zoya frowned "Are you stupid" she banged her fists onto his chest "You have fully consumed me and I hate you for it" then she was crying again

He reached out to hold her, then thinking better of it he backed away

"Have you ever seen that film, ten things I hate about you" her voice nothing more than a whimper

He nodded

"The thing I hate the most is I don't hate you, only god knows how much I wish I did, but I don't, I love you and I hate myself for it, for getting into deep, I know I'm drowning but I can't stop it" her knees shook

"I abused your trust, all this time I have been trying to pull through Aliyana's abuse only to give you the same, I dont deserve for you to still love me, I broke you look I"

Noor walked forward, pushing Zoya behind her "Broke her, no, you don't have that power, no one has, she's been through stuff and got through it and soon she will get through the storm that is you" her stance was threatening

Zoya pulled her aside "Noor, just a second, please" her tone pleading, Noor nodded and stepped back inside

He knew what he wanted to ask, and he had to, incase he never got the chance to again "May I" he breathed heavily "May I hold you for just a second"

Zoya looked up abruptly, without a second thought she wrapped her arms around his waist as he held her to him, one hand in her hair, the other around her waist. In that very moment the world had stopped and all that remained was the two of them. Zoya stiffled a sob at the thought that this was the final goodbye, she could only hope that one day she would stop loving him. She pulled away, wiping her tears

Adi suddenly felt cold as she distanced herself from him, three words on the tip of his tounge but he knew if he said it, it would only serve to break her even more, their eyes held a silent conversation before he turned on his heel and walked away

XXX

Zoya looked down at the razor blade on the bathroom floor, tears rolling down her cheeks, all she could feel was immense pain that covered her like a blanket. Not knowing how to breathe succinctly she picked it up and held it to her thigh, with closed eyes she tugged it across her skin until she felt that old familar dull pain as blood trickled down her leg. She led back against the cold tiles "Agar yeh pyaar hai, toh meh ise mehsoos nahi karna chaiye"

XXX

Adi sat at his work desk, his eyes closed as if she was still there in his office, berating him, laughing with him. Her empty gaze haunted him, two days he hadn't slept for everytime he closed his eyes he only saw her broken expression, yet it was only when his eyes closed that he could see her at all and for now that was all he had. Swigging from his bottle he coughed before switching on the radio

XXX

Zoya walked into the kitchen, her eyes glanced at the radio as the song blasted through the speakers, she couldnt help but think that every song seemed so relatable when you were sad. Her eyes closed as she hummed along softly. The words so alike the pain that swelled in her chest

Bheegi Bheegi Si Hai Raaten
Bheegi Bheegi Yaaden
Bheegi Bheegi Baaten
Bheegi Bheegi Aankhon Mein Kaisi Nami Hai
Sapnon Ka Saya Palkon Pe Aya
Pal Mein Hasaya Pal Mein Rulaya
Phir Bhi Yeh Kaisi Kami Hai
Na Jaane Koi Kaisi Hai Yeh Zindagaani Zindgaani
Hamari Adhuri Kahani

Adi glanced over at the radio, his fingers tracing all the files Zoya had written in, her ID card picture clasped tightly in his hand, tears filling his eyes as the words resonated within him

Aadhi Aadhi Jaagi Aadhi Aadhi Soyi
Aankhen Yeh Teri Toh Lagta Hai Royi
Lekar Ke Naam Hamara
Rutha Rutha Rab Chhuta Chhuta Sab
Toota Toota Dil Tere Bina Ab
Kaise Ho Jeena Ganwara
Hamari Adhuri Kahani

XXX

Aliyana picked up her phone, glancing down at her long painted nails "Oh you wouldn't believe it, all night it was Zoya this and Zoya that, as soon as I went to kiss him, he just pushed me away, so I had to resort to other options" she chuckled darkly "No girl, he didnt sleep with me, he just thinks he did, he's like a loyal dog you see, as loyal as sin to that stupid poor girl" her eyes flickered to the song on the radio and she smiled. She had won this round, her part in their story far from over.

Bheegi Bheegi Si Hai Raaten
Bheegi Bheegi Yaaden
Bheegi Bheegi Baaten
Bheegi Bheegi Aankhon Mein Kaisi Nami Hai
Hamari Adhuri Kahani
Na Jaane Koi Hamari Adhuri Kahani
Na Jaane Koi Kaisi Hai Yeh Zindagaani
Hamari Adhuri Kahani

"Hamari adhuri kahani" she sang along softly

You all didnt think Adi actually cheated did you? Tut tut! He didnt but will he ever find out that he didnt, well you'll have to wait and find that one out X This is the scheduled update by the way! 3 updates, luckyyy!

Also dancingStellars has put the nominees up, and all you have to do is do an inline comment of +1 for the person you wish to vote for out of the nominees. Again, thank you to all who voted for me in the first round, I am nominated in the Best Romantic Book section for Adiya for my story BaseLine Attraction, Favourite Author for Adiya and for Faviourate Book Of The Year for Adiya, all my stories have been nominated (how cool is that)? Voting closes the 3rd of August!

Anyway, I think im all cried out by all of your love, and I just want to say, you guys are the absolute best! I love you all!

voguesvelvet has a book on Kartik and Naira, so if you like that couple, do check it out

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro