Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Omniscient narrator time, yay!

"Martha! We're home!" Martha Washington jumped at the sound of her husbands voice, setting her knitting down as she stood.

About a week ago the couple had gotten a call to foster a young boy by the name of Alexander. Both of the Washingtons were exited, but she had let George meet the boy on his own, as she figured two people would scare him.

"Martha?" George called out again.

"Coming!" Martha chimed, padding softly down the stairs. She reached the bottom and beelined towards her husband, quickly receiving a peck on the cheek- their little greeting. The little kisses were expected, but sometimes hard, being as short as she was. As a result, ahe only came up to her husbands chest and the shoulders of her new foster son.

Ah, the struggles of being five feet tall.

"Martha, this is Alexander Hamilton. Alexander, this is my wife, Martha Washington." George introduced the pair to their new boy. Martha looked up and smiled.

Alexander looked away and shrugged. "Hey..." He muttered, staring at the ground and fiddling with his thin sweater sleeves.

"Alexander, grab your stuff and I'll show you your room. Gilbert will be home soon- you can meet him then!" Alexander nodded and picked up his small bag. He followed George up the stairs, stopping in front of a white door. "This is your room. Martha and I are just across the hall. Gilbert's room is next to yours and the bathroom is straight down the hall." George pushed the door open, revealing undecorated grey walls and a plain white bed. "I'll leave you get settled, then." George drummed his fingers on the door frame. "Dinner will be at six. Its nice to have you here, son." George smiled.

Alexander's fist clenched in anger.. "Don't call me son." He muttered under his breath.

"Did you say something?" Alexander's fist uncurled and his face flushed.

"No, sir."

"Oh, okay." George looked at Alexander one last time and closed the door, his heavy footsteps fading. Alexander sighed. This was going to be the longest six months of his life.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro