-//2\\-

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"DADDY!" I heard the little one shriek. I watch as Mallory bounded toward me. I can't believe it's been six years since I found her. I have decided that today would be her birthday since she was about two months old when I found her. June 21st......I look at the little girl in front of me, her light brown hair cascading just above her shoulders. She was bouncing up and down in excitement. Today was the day I was going to show her how to mine. She was pretty stoked. Huh... Most little girls only want to play with their dolls or learn how to bake, but all she wanted to do was mine. I guess that makes her even more special. Every day, she would watch the miners go into the caves and come out with riches. I chuckled.

"Now Mallory. You can't go mining without  a pickaxe." I say. She tilts her head to the side. Her confused expression twisted into a large grin as I pulled out a pickaxe. But it wasn't any normal pickaxe, It was a diamond one almost as big as her! She reached out for it, but I pulled it back.

"Nah ah ah! You'll have to wait 'till you're older. I don't want my little punkin spice getting crushed by the weight of this pickaxe." I said semi sternly. She looked down but then instantly perked up again.
        "Ok Daddy!" She said smiling. I hope she never grows up. I grabbed two iron pick axes and walked Mallory outside to a cave nearby. We ventured down. Luckily, I had been down this cave before and I had built a Mineshaft made of wood. Normal caves are much to dangerous for my little punkin spice. Mallory cooed as she looked at all the different ores. Coal, Iron, Lapis, you name it!

We ventured deeper until we saw a bright blue ore. Mallory gasped. "Daddy!!! Is that diamonds!!!" Mallory gasped. I chuckled. "It sure is, sweetie. Go ahead and mine it." I said. She ran up to it. I noticed a stream of lava nearby, but didn't think much of it. As she slammed her pickaxe into the diamond, I heard a crackling sound. Behind me stood a figure cloaked in a black robe with flint and steel. The mineshaft was on fire! A wood beam fell across the floor, blocking me from Mallory. I saw tears for in her eyes. "Daddy! I'm scared!!" She screamed. I quickly dogged the flames that were lapping at my toes. I had to get to Mallory. The flames grew larger. I watched as the fire advance on Mallory. I noticed her eyes and expression changed. Her eyes began glowing purple. I closed my eyes as the room was engulfed in ice.
I opened my eyes to see the fire gone and Mallory shaking. The figure was gone..... Her eyes slowly turned back to normal. I ran up to her and pulled her into my arms. "D--dd-daddy??!?" She whimpered. I said nothing as I rocked her slowly. She found her Origins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now Madelyn, it's time to mix the potion!" I said, looking over to the little girl. I watched as Madelyn was climbing on my enchantment table..... Again.... I've told her several times to stay off, but I guess her Origins pulls her toward it. I still haven't discovered her Origins yet. I look in dismay as she stood on top of the table. "Minerva! Look at me! I'm flying!!" Madelyn said. I swear... She is a little trouble maker, but she's very bright. She's very good with potions and magic, even though she hasn't discovered her Origins. My eyes caught the symbols floating around the enchantment table. This.... Has never done that before..... Only when extreme power is around it. The symbols began spinning faster as they surrounded Madelyn. In a flash.... She was gone......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where am I? Where's Minerva?!!? I'm scared! I looked around. It's very dark here......Wait..... Minerva told me about this place! This is the void! I watched souls float around the emptiness. Somethings not right....... This place feels...... Weird...... All of a sudden, I saw a figure  wearing a cloak as dark as the void appear.

This figure...... I read about him in one of Minerva's books that she told me to stay away from. The books were about a thing called 'Origins' and they explained my eyes! He kinda looked like the Grimm reaper! "My child.... Your time has come to discover your Origins!" The figure boomed. I stood still. He was really intimidating...... And really tall. His cloak leaned down to face me. "Madelyn.... Do you know why I brought you here?" The figure asked. "No." I replied obnoxiously. I quickly covered my mouth. Minerva taught me that's not how to talk to strangers..... Wait.... Didn't she tell me not to talk to strangers?!
        "I am hear to show you your Origins. Most people have elemental Origins, such as Fire, Water, Ice, Earth, but you have a special type of Origins. You have Life Origins...."

To be continued......

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro