13 - Things Turn Sour

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

So cute! ^

Reasons Why I Hate Kai #13: He thinks everyone what's to sit with him. I do not.

I would never admit it out loud but ever since this tutoring thing Kai was growing on me a bit. As an acquaintance/almost-friend instead of most-arrogant-jerk. I found myself remembering how good friendship had felt. And how much I missed it.

I voiced these concerns to Harry and he paused deep in thought. "You know usually you just whine and complain instead of asking me deep questions." He teased.

"But you always have words of wisdom to offer." I said with a small smile.

He chuckled. Thinking before speaking. "Friendship is never smooth sailing. It's a wide ocean you have to cross. There will be storms and waves but some days you'll have calm water." Harry said.

I raised an eyebrow. "Very poetic."

He smiled. "Thanks."

I was on my way to go eat my lunch in the stairwell when I became aware of an arm hooking around my shoulders and leading me towards a table.

"What are you doing?" I hissed, refraining from elbowing him hard in the ribs. I had jello on my plate and I wasn't going to waste it on that idiot.

"Why don't you sit with me this time?" Kai said with a smirk.

"And why would I do that?" I growled.

Kai seated me down. "I just want to eat with my friend."

I gave a sharp laugh. "We are not friends."

"She's right you know." A mocking voice said.

I looked up. There was Susan. I felt raw hate stir in every fibre of my being. I glared at where Savannah hung behind her.

"Every single friend she's ever had was pushed away. Right Savannah?" Susan glanced back.

Savannah nodded. "Right."

I leapt up but I felt hands grab me at my upper arm as I snarled at her. "I was trying to take care of my family you physco! It's not my fault you have such insecurity you needed my full attention on you every single freaking minute!"

"Woah! Isla!" Kai tried to calm me down but I decided to elbow him. He grunted hard but kept his iron grip.

"Kai," I said dangerously. "You better back off or I'll upper cut you in the jaw hard."

"You would ignore me every time I talked to you!" Savannah snapped.

"Oh? Now you want to talk about it? Bit late, maybe you should've done it before you I don't know dumped me!"

"I couldn't take it anymore! Every time you did talk you would be all heavy and negative!" Savannah yelled.

"Of course I was! My family was being torn in front of my eyes! But you couldn't be the one supporting this time could you? You were always high maintenance but come on!" I shouted back.

"What is going on here?" The teacher screeched.

Everyone was silent.

"Nothing." I fixed on a fake smile. "Absolutely nothing."

"Hey Isla."

"Hey Moron." I said, but my heart wasn't in it. Jay could see that.

"Do you want to talk?" He asked.

"No."

He breathed a heavy sigh of relief but blushed when I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I...just...um..." He stuttered. "Want a gummy worm?" He shoved them towards me.

I gave a wry smile but took one, popping them in my mouth. They were sour, one of my favourites. Making my lips pucker as I chewed. I looked at the dirty Craig at the bottom of the staircase before glancing back at Jay.

"If you could...go back in time and change the past what would you do?" I asked.

Jay blinked. "Um....I would stop myself from stabbing Kai with a fork?"

I stared at him. "You did that?"

He nodded. "Damn." I smiled. "Is it bad to say I really want to see that?"

"What about you?" Jay settled down.

I thought. There was so many things I wanted to change. That I wished had never happened. Some many questions, so many wonders, so many thoughts in my brain. I couldn't figure out what I could do to change everything.

I glanced at my phone, the image of Dad and Pops. They were having a special meal tight her and had asked me to a picture and as an exited little kid I jumped at the idea of 'big girl' stuff. They were happy. Pops was so happy. I was so happy. I wondered if Dad had been happy. But what could I have done? I looked at where I was now. Sitting on the grimy steps.

"I don't know." I said finally. "But I wouldn't change this moment."

Jay looked at me. Then smiled.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro