14 - You Don't Read So Don't Start Now

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I ran out if Kai pictures in my photo stream. I'll have to find more ^

Reasons Why I Hate Kai #14 : He explodes my phone with cringy memes that I don't want.

A dancing cat. I tried to figure out what I was looking at as I walked down the hall to class. The dancing cat had words scrawled across the top saying I'm sorry but you still love me.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes before deleting it quickly sending a quick meme of my own with a rude hand gesture on it.

I smirked.

Suddenly someone came up behind me. "Hey Isla!" I glanced back.

"Jerk face." I greeted Kai. "What do you what now?"

"Look, I'm sorry about what happened before but I have an idea now." He said. Kai casually flung an arm over my shoulders.

I shrugged it off. "Yeah no. That's to chummy for me. I'm off to do some important stuff now."

"Like what?" Kai asked.

"Literally anything but what you want me to do." I drew a circle in the air at Kai with my index finger.

He rolled his eyes. "Come on!"

"No."

"Consider this an act of friendship." He said.

I stopped. "We are not friends."

"Sure we are!" Kai laughed. "And you're about to make some more."

I sputtered as he suddenly steered my into a room. My eyes widened when I recognized the auditorium.

"Kai..." I said slowly.

"I remember you looking at a poster when you gave me that serious talk about smarts." He nodded to the small group of people gathered on the stage. "They say joining things is a good way to make new friends."

I gave a sharp laugh. "They also say friends won't always last forever."

"But where would the world be if we stuck with that attitude?" Kai questioned. "Go on, get in there."

"I don't think so." I planted my feet as he started to tug.

I saw my chance when he began to put his full weight into it. I moved with him, making him fall over. But his hand was still grasping my arm making me topple over top of him.

I struggled to get up, my nose bumping into his.

He stared up at me, eyes wide. "Hey..."

"Don't make this more awkward than it already is." I grumbled as I heaved myself up. A hand came and gripped around my forearm, pulling me upright.

I glanced up to see a boy there. His hair tossed lightly over his head.

"Y'all okay?" He asked, looking down at the spectacle.

"Isla!" A girl ran over. I recognized her as the one who invited me.

"Hi um...." I went to shake her hand but I didn't know who she was.

"Cecilia." She finished for me. "Decided to join?"

I tried to backpedal frantically. "Oh no I...." I saw Kai heave up and look at me. Maybe he was right. Maybe I should take this chance.

"...I wanted to get my friend Kai here to join with me!" I fixed it quickly, the words tumbling out before I even realized it.

Kai's eyebrows almost flew off his head as Cecilia smiled.

"Great!" She beckoned us over. "We just decided we wanted to do a play that's rising to fame! Ninjago Ninja!"

Kai hacked loudly and I glanced over at him as he leant over and coughed again. "Sorry." He croaked. "Inhaled some saliva."

He straightened. "Maybe...we should do something easier...you know portraying things in modern times..." He shook his head. "Tricky."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "How is that-"

"It's fine." Cecilia said to him. "What play do you suggest?"

"Um....Matilda?"

Cecelia shook her head. "That's best with....a younger age group."

"Well he's mentally a younger age group." I pointed out with a smile.

Kai threw his arm around my shoulder. "You shouldn't say that to your best friend!"

I twisted his wrist painfully and he jumped back.

"Don't give yourself so much credit." I muttered.

"How about Romeo and Juliet?"a girl I recognized as a cheerleader suggested.

I wrinkled my nose. "Ew."

"How about a short play?" Cecilia suggested, throwing me a smile. "Ok not a big fan if Shakespeare either."

"Macbeth isn't bad." I said.

"I'm not sure if that's the best play to raise money for cancer." Cecilia told me as she scribbled down on her clipboard. "I think I know a play. I found it online."

"Great!" Cecilia quickly typed herself a note on her phone. "Can I have your numbers? I'll print out the scripts and we can do some improv today to see how good everyone is at acting!"

"I kind of wish...." A boy named Paul took out his slip of paper. "Dirty socks really are the best medicine."

Cecilia clapped and laughed along with the rest of the group. "Nice job guys! I'll send you your parts tonight okay? Rehearsal is every Monday and Friday."

She handed a sheet with her contact information as everyone left.

"Um...thanks again for inviting me." I said as she gave me mine.

She smiled widely. "Of course! I always thought you were super fun with your tough girl attitude. Maybe we can hang out sometime."

I blinked. Then gave a small smile. "I...would like that."

She waved before moving on to Paul.

I walked along, scanning the information as Kai drew up beside me.

"Not so bad eh?" He grinned.

I rolled my eyes. "Maybe."

He nudged me. "And I'm a friend now huh?"

I groaned. "It was spur of the moment Smith don't read to much into it. Your egos to big for that."

But on the way home Kai couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear no matter what I said to him.

A/N*****

Sorry for the wait! I was debating on what okay to choose but all of them seemed like super big productions and none of them really spoke to me. So I decided on a play I found by a man named Len Cuthbert.

LuckyBugBooks 🐞

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro