1 0 - A Compliment

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Thank you for reading, voting, commenting and encouraging me. ♥️

Sorry for any error, mistakes and inconveniences 🌹.

Chapter 10: A Compliment

"I didn't understand a word you said against her." Sanjay explains, not believing she's what Lakshya listed out for her to be. "If she wanted, she could've blamed you and said you were the reason for the delay, which she didn't. . ." He trails off for Lakshya to understand what he is saying.

Lakshya gives a second thought and taking Sanjay's words in mind, he says "That was because she would've got in trouble too, not only me."

A second later Ragini opens the door and Lakshya, not noticing she is by the door continues talking about her "But she sings so well, you should just hear her singing, you'll feel like handing her all the lyrics of your favourite songs."

"Really?" Sanjay queried, not believing Lakshya. "Yeah, I wouldn't have believed she could sing until she sang." He adds, replying to Sanjay's reaction.

Ragini wasn't sure how to respond, she surely didn't want anyone else to know she sings, especially after breaking the promise she made Parvati, her Grandma.

"So that song, agar tum something, was sang by her?" Lakshya nods and Sanjay scoffs, not believing it. "Bhai, I thought someone turned the radio on. Not only me but the whole staff heard it." He added, sounding surprised as he expresses his opinion.

Ragini widens her eyes, starting to feel nervous and insecure, her heartbeats thumped as her insecurity grew, she never wanted to make anyone hear her sing and now the nervousness is killing her, she was afraid Sanjay might disclose this to everyone, which she is and will be totally against.

She moved back out, acting like she didn't hear anything and allowed the door to close, slowly and silently, after a second, she opens the door yet again and this time it made a sound, which caught their attention. She kept her expressions normal while they change their expressions.

"The presentation is completed so I'll go report this to Sanskaar Sir." Sanjay utters, standing up while Lakshya nods at him, he turns and walks towards Ragini, curving a small smile before he walked past.

Ragini glares at Lakshya and he rolled his eyes, gazing away as he leans on the chair. She was about to speak but closes her mouth, deciding to stay quiet.

"They finished?" Sanjay nods as Sanskaar stood up. "Let's go and see." He continued further, walking towards the door while Sanjay followed him.

He makes his way towards the room and gazes at the two looking at the laptop screen and talking, his hand travels to the door and he lightly hits his knuckles on the glass, grabbing their attention and walking inside.

"You've done the presentation?" He asks as Lakshya and Ragini look to the side, seeing him standing curiously.

"Yeah." Both of them reply, in sync with each other and Sanskaar nods, feeling glad they had finished the whole presentation.

"That's great." He responded with a wide smile "Now you two can get ready for the party."

Ragini and Lakshya crease their forehead, "Party?"

"Yes, the client you're making this presentation for, has invited us to his 25th anniversary party. So, you can go home and get ready by 6."

"I don't want to go." Lakshya says, not feeling up for it.

"It'a not compulsory yet but it will be after you start getting used to it, I'm sure Mr Khurana would be pleased to have you around, since you're new in this field, you'll gain more experience." Sanskaar explains, really hoping Lakshya would agree.

Ragini was having a think about it, she was also hesitant to make a decision.

"What about you Ragini?"

"Erm. . . I'll join you." She uttered after a lot of thinking. Sanskaar smiles and then gazes at Lakshya who was adamant on his decision.

"It's going to be boring and I really can't be asked for it. Sir." Lakshya says, making the Sir in the end compulsory, indicating his position.

"I really wish you could but the decision is all yours . . ." Sanskaar trails off, knowing why Lakshya won't enjoy it. "It'll be something new and fun."

Lakshya curls a fake smile, blinking at Sanskaar "Not when you have something stuck to your leg." Sanskaar realises while Sanjay and Ragini get confused.

"Right." He whispers, "I'll be right back." He adds, walking out and Lakshya rolls his eyes.

"Stuck to your leg?" Sanjay asked, confused as he didn't understand what Lakshya meant.

"Yeah, you can't go anywhere when you have a fat heavy thing stuck to your leg." He expresses, sounding frustrated.

"What do you mean?" Sanjay was confused yet, being curious to know along with Ragini.

Lakshya makes faces, wondering if he should tell them or not. He made his mind up and decides to tell them.

"I. . ." Before Lakshya could tell them, he was interrupted by a member of staff.

"Lakshya, D.P sir is calling you." She says and he creases his forehead "Me?" She nods and he stands up, then realising Sanskaar must've told him.

"Okay." He replies and she walks away, Lakshya then shrugs at Sanjay, walking out of the room.

Ragini gazes at Sanjay, not knowing why she was feeling a little uncomfortable while he curved a faint smile, slowly walking out.

'What is wrong with you Ragini, why isn't he giving you positive vibes?' She asked her mind, deciding to cut the negativity and push her thoughts to the side.

"San. . ." Before she could say his name, she glances around and finds herself sat alone in the room.

A sigh left her mouth before they curved into a frown.

Swara walked inside the house, feeling sweaty and tired, it was unusual for her to feel like this as she never been out of breath.

"Where have you been? How long does it take for you to bring back a bag of vegetables?" Parvati cussed, walking inside the hall as she looks at Swara, who looks at her.

She was feeling uneasy and dizzy, Parvati had noticed her pale skin and arched her eyebrows "What happened?" She asked and before she could realise what had happened, her gazes move down onto the floor, on which Swara was laying with her eyes closed.

Lakshya enters the cabin, spotting Sanskaar, Durga Prasad, Ram and Adarsh inside, who were waiting for him.

"You called. . . Sir?"

"Yes, I have talked to the Inspector and he has agreed to let you come to that party. This is my final warning too, if I continue ordering them then they'll deactivate it so be very wise and don't goof around." Durga Prasad sternly says and Lakshya nods, turning back around.

His lips curl a smirk as he walks out. "Last warning and this thing will be deactivated." He mumbles to himself, activating his mind so it could be piled with loads of ideas.

"Papa, how can you be so sure he wouldn't mess around?" Adarsh asks, feeling that Lakshya wouldn't stay quiet.

"He wouldn't dare to, he knows the outcomes if he does and you know he can't risk being kicked out." Durga Prasad replies confidently, knowing Lakshya won't be stupid to goof around in the party.

"Plus he doesn't know Bhaisa got it deactivated until 8pm, he thinks it's still on." Ram added, curving a smirk while Durga Prasad nodded, Sanskaar and Adarsh look on, now feeling assured Lakshya won't make stupid mistakes in the party.

"What happened doctor, is there anything to worry about?" Parvati asks, worrying while seeing an unconscious Swara laying on the bed.

"I can't say anything yet Parvati Ji, I took her blood tests and we will send you the reports, for now she is fine and is just resting." Parvati nods as the doctor walks out, she folds her hands and stares in space.

"Thakur Ji, don't let anything happen to this chhori." Parvati whispers, closing her eyes while pushing her palms together to connect them further.

Ragini was sent home as she had done the presentation and had nothing else to do other than get ready for the party, she wasn't expecting them to be this generous to allow her to take her time getting ready. Feeling absolutely bored,  she sneaked inside her house through the front door, opening it with an extra key she has with her, only to find it quiet than usual, whenever she's at home or comes back from university, she hears hymns, tv chattering, Parvati yelling or Swara everyday but this time it was different, it was like a pin drop silence which she couldn't believe.

"Daadimaa." Ragini calls out, walking around. "Swara."

Hearing no response, she decided to search the house but before she could move, Parvati walks out.

"Laado?" Ragini sighs a relief, walking towards Parvati.

"Daadimaa, where where you and why is the house so silent?"

"I was with Swara, she fell sick so that's why the house is silent, otherwise the house would've been noisy and we all know that."

"Sick? What happened to her?"

Parvati sighed "God knows, she was fine one minute and then fainted the next second. Now she's resting, I think she got a fever."

"I'll call in and tell them I can't make it to the party." Ragini utters, opening her bag.

"Party?"

"Yes, they sent me home to get ready for the party which is organised by one of the client."

"Then you should go." Parvati says and Ragini shakes her head negatively "Swara is unwell. . ." She trials off.

"I'm here, I'll take care of her. You go to the party." Parvati assured but Ragini was adamant, she isn't going anywhere leaving her sister, who isn't well.

"No Daadimaa, I can't leave Swara and go." She retorts, not wiling to go.

"Hmm okay." Parvati agrees, not wanting to force Ragini. "You go sit with her, I'm going to make kada for her." Ragini nods at Parvati and walks past her while Parvati heads in the opposite direction.

Lakshya was walking out of the office, fully focused on his phone as he is texting. "Now the party will be fun." He whispers to himself after receiving a text, grinning and taking his gazes off the phone.

"Shall we?" He turns around, gazing at Ram walking out and nods, giving him a positive response. "Yes, lets go. Let me drive."

Ram's expressions change "I'll drive, why do you want to take trouble?"

"Why not Cha. . . Chu, I'll drive." He offers, snatching the keys from Ram before he could respond.

Ram's heart skipped a beat and Lakshya turned around, walking towards the parked cars.

"God bless me. Please don't take my life Bhagwan ji, I'm too young." Ram requests, folding his hand and staring at the sky "Please protect me." He adds, closing his eyes. It hadn't been a minute when Lakshya horned, gaining his attention.

Ram opened his eyes, staring at the car in which Lakshya was seated. Seeing him in the driver's seat, Ram's heartbeats increased as he had been hearing how fast and dangerously Lakshya drives. "What if I get a heart attack?" Ram questions himself, worrying as he took steady steps towards the car.

To Be Continued. . .

Up Next - Party: A surprise comes from Durga Prasad. . . Ragini slaps Lakshya. . .

Please kindly leave your votes and drop down your comments, if you liked this chapter ♥️✨🌸.

I love you all ♥️😘

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro