30: Strategies

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Jen's POV

Amy and I set out. I was feeling much better since I had gotten some much-needed rest with Pat. He was all I thought about while Dark had me. I thought about what Dark would do with me, if he would hurt me. Now, I was home and Dark had followed me back.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by an ewok running to me, hugging my legs. I crouched down and sat on my knees, pulling her into a gentle hug, whispering to her in Ewokese to be careful of Mark. She nodded to me, telling me about Pat. She said he was restless and unable to sit still while I was gone. I smiled, knowing my husband was like that when he was worried. I loved him for it.

I let the ewok go back to her chores, kissing her forehead. I stood again, Amy watching me. I smiled gently at her and she smiled half-heartedly back. "What's the matter, Amy?" I asked as we continued to walk through the village.

She looked up at me, then to the ground with a sigh. "Mark... Will we ever get him back?"

I stopped, sitting on a log. Amy sat next to me and I looked to her. "We'll get him back. I haven't known Mark long, but I've gathered a lot about him. He's persistent, and strong-willed. If we can cripple Dark, Mark will have the strength to escape."

She looked to me, then smiled some. "I hope the boys are working out a plan to do that."

I nodded with a smile, then gave her a hug. She hugged me tightly, which brought both of us comfort. Then, we heard a familiar voice beside us. "Jen, you're back."

Mark stood beside us. His eyes were conflicted, probably because he was under Dark's control. I smiled gently. "Yeah, I'm back. Matt and Amy rescued me from Dark."

He nodded, seemingly indifferent to the whole situation. I stood, Amy standing to help me. I leaned against her a bit.

"Still don't have your strength up?" Mark asked.

I shook my head. "I didn't have much time to rest before I had chores that needed attention. Amy is helping me with them."

Mark nodded. "Anything I can do to help?"

"No, thank you. I think we've got it covered, Mark. Thanks for the offer, though. It was very nice of you to consider."

He nodded. "Have you seen Matthew, by any chance?"

Mark doesn't call him Matthew. That was very unusual, and it was a dead giveaway. "He was talking to Pat and me, but I'm not sure where he went to after Amy and I left. Maybe into the forest to try to defeat Dark again."

Mark nodded, then walked off toward the forest without another word. I glanced over at Amy, unsure of what would happen next.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro