140 - A Jolt

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A jolt.

That's what woke me. It was only for a second but it was enough. My left eye opened, my right cheek was on my arm keeping my other eye closed. It was quiet as I focused on the living room space in front of me. Nothing was off, nothing was wrong.

There were a few notebooks and scattered papers around but I figured that Sci at some point ended up showing Gaster some of his work. I strained my hearing a bit as I turned my head. I could hear movment upstairs in Pap's room. The kids were fine.

Slowly I sat up and rubbed at my face with a groan. A blanket rolled off onto my lap and I just pulled it off before getting up to my feet. I stretched, taking my time, as I let my thoughts run.

What was that?

I'm sure I felt something but it was so instant. I could've imagined it or mistaken it for a sudden waking from a dream. I can't remember what it was if it was a dream... but then again I find it difficult to really remember those. If it was something troubling I would've remembered it much better.

I reached out to open a screen and looked at the data presented to me. Nothing was odd. Everything was stable. The only things that were considered odd were myself, Gradient, and Gaster. Nothing else really stood out as troubling.

Once my worries were eased I closed the screen and headed upstairs to check on the younger skeletons. Gradient was asleep on Papyrus's floor, his arms folded on the ground with his face buried in them. I was certain he was asleep since Papyrus was just placing toys on his back and he didn't budge at all.

Upon seeing me Paps made a 'shush' motion and I just nodded and copied his action before slowly closing the door.

Gradient would be fine on his own for a bit longer. Plus he was asleep, I didn't want to wake him. With that little task done I headed back down to find the other two.

I remembered where to go, thankfully, and found the two I was searching for hunched over a desk.

"Hey, I hope you're not trying to make a doomsday weapon over there." I said successfully gaining their attention.

"Ah, you're awake. Sorry to disappoint but no, we aren't making a weapon," Gaster said as I leaned against a wall and crossed my arms.

"You know this point of this little trip was for you to relax right?"

"I'm not working right now so I see no harm. I am quite intrigued by the works of others. I can see the similarities to my own work."

"Oh really, I wonder why?" I asked sarcastically. Sci chuckled and stood up straight doing a quick stretch.

"Yeah, sorry about stealing your guest here Error. But you seemed pretty tired and I didn't want to have a bored guest."

"Nah, you're fine. Having fun?"

"It's been engaging," Sci responded and I nodded.

"Good. Good to hear. Anyways I'm awake now." I rubbed at my neck easing the slight pain I had from sleeping on the couch.

"Everything fine?" Sci asked and I paused to blink.

"Yeah, just realized it was too quiet so I woke up. The kids are fine, I went to check on them earlier."

"Sans here was telling me some interesting things about what you have been up to." Gaster piped in and I saw Sci looked at him with a slight huff.

"I told you to call me Sci and it wasn't that interesting-"

"Oh but I find how you two met and the different visits interesting to me," Gaster said which peeked my interest.

"Oh? What else did he tell you?" I asked and saw Sci cross his arms.

"Nothing-"

"A lot. You've had a lot of adventures," Gaster butted in again looking amused. I hummed thinking about the things that have happened just here in Sci's au before I nodded.

"Hmm, that's one way to put it. Anyways...." I trailed off looking around the space. Nothing changed.

"Was something wrong?" Sci asked and I shrugged.

"Not really, just trying to figure out if there's something to do."

"Well, if something catches your attention just let me know," Sci said and I waved dismissively.

"Yeah yeah. No worries."

I mainly observed as Gaster and Sci looked over different notes and chatted. I wasn't all the interested in getting into the conversation especially when Gaster was enjoying himself.

I would've zoned out if I didn't feel something was off.

I grew agitated since I wanted to relax and enjoy my time yet something might ruin that. Seeing the other two were preoccupied I took the chance to slip out and return to the living room. I was quick to open a portal to the Doodle-Sphere and go through it.

"Ink!" I called out looking around for the thorn in my side. He peeked out from around some aus and waved.

"Hey Error! What's with the visit?" I heard and resisted the urge to sigh.

"I'm just jumping to it then. What are you doing?" I asked and he blinked, eyelights changing to mimic his confusion.

"Wha- nothing. Why?"

"You sure?" I pressed for answers and he put his hands to his hips before nodding.

"Yes. Wait," he looked down at his scarf for a bit before nodding when he confirmed something.

"Yeah. I haven't done anything recently. Why?" He asked as I walked passed him looking at the different aus.

"I just had a weird feeling and had to check if something was wrong."

"Uh huh... so you having fun so far?" Ink tried changing the topic but I wasn't interested in entertaining him.

"Shut up." I muttered and I heard Ink huff as he followed me. There was nothing. Everything was fine.

"Well... happy?" Ink asked seeming unsure of what he should even say in this situation.

"Ugh, maybe I'm just being paranoid. But still, if you notice something either fix it or tell me," I said as I glanced back at him. This felt like a waste of a trip. Maybe that feeling I had was just Gradient. He was asleep so maybe I just felt a Flux of his powers.

That's the only idea I had. Barely sparing Ink a glance I headed back to Sciencetale before anyone realized that I was missing.

Author's note: It's short. Goodnight ya'll.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro