Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Camden held the last note out, smiling a bit while Melody and Zander clapped loudly, cheering just like an audience would, but Nova sat there with her arms crossed, just waiting for him to crash and burn. "Was that good?" He asked Orion.

"That was great Camden." He told him truthfully, smiling, "Hey, you, uh, you got any more songs for me to record? Even if they aren't finished?"

"Um...nah, not right now. I got famous quicker than I expected. I never really had a chance to write anything else. I'll work on writing something tonight." Camden was lying through his teeth, trying to buy some time. Nova was checking to see if his pants were on fire, but sadly, they weren't.

Orion continued to smile at him, "Great. That's it for today then. See you tomorrow." Camden took the headphones off to put them on the mic stand before walking out of the sound booth. Nova stood up, knowing her plan.

"Hey Camden," She started to say, walking towards him, "want frozen yogurt? Yes? Great, let's go." She linked her arm through his, quickly dragging him with her, walking past the frozen yogurt stand. Her arm was attached tightly to his, not letting go anytime soon.

"Um, what are you doing?" He asked in fear, "Let go." He tried to yank his arm free, but Nova only tightened, hoping it would be enough.

"Calm down, Camden. I'm not a crazed fan."

"Yeah," He started, "you don't seem like that at all."

Nova rolled her eyes at him, "I'm not, I swear. I just need to ask you something." She stopped speed walking now, but her arm was still hung on tightly to his.

"Okay. What?"

"Why'd you steal my song?" She seemed so sweet while saying it when she wanted to come off as angry. She wanted him to know that she was ready to rip his head off.

"I...I, um," He stammered, at a loss for words, "I didn't mean to," He said, "but I overheard you playing it after school and I couldn't get it out of my head." It was part of the truth. In reality, he didn't want to get it out of his head. 

"So you thought it would be okay to make a music video for it, take all the credit, and then become famous?" Nova questioned, trying to understand why he would even think about doing this. You think a song is catchy then you continue to sing it around your house for a couple of days or even a month. You don't steal it and make it your own! Nova thought, wanting to say the words aloud. 

"No, no, it isn't like that at all. I swear." Camden tried to convince her, but she wasn't buying it.

"Then what is it like?" She snapped, crossing her arms over her stomach. Nova wasn't that good at confronting people. Right now, she is trying to keep up with the "tough act" and by the way he can barely stand still, she thinks she is doing pretty well.

"Look, I'm sorry, um...." He trailed off, realizing he doesn't know her name and she chuckled.

"You don't know my name." She said, amused, "I never told you my name."

"What is your name?"

"Why would I tell you that? So you can steal that too? No thanks."

"That doesn't even make any sense. Look, I'm sorry, okay? I'm going on The Pitt Show tomorrow morning and if you want, I'll give you recognition."

Nova smiled, "Wow." He smiled back, thinking it was a nice gesture, "That is a big word for you, isn't it? I'm impressed pretty boy, but yeah," She told him, "that would be the right thing to do, so thanks."

He stood for a while, just staring at her in shock. Of course, she wouldn't just let it go after that. What was he thinking? So, he decided to play the same game she was. "I mean, if you continue to write songs for me," He grinned.

"What?" Nova couldn't believe he was even asking that question. First, he steals her song, and now he wants her to willingly give her songs up?

"C'mon. Why do you think I stole your song in the first place? I can't write songs. I've tried, and I have learned that I lack creativity." He said, remembering the things Zander told him the day before everyone in the world knew his name, "I'll give you recognition for every song I sing. I'll make you my official songwriter, so people will know who you are too."

She chuckled, shaking her head, "No. I...I don't want people to know who I am. I mean, my dad is a producer, don't you think if I wanted to become famous by now, I could?"

"I was meaning to ask you about that. Your dad, I mean, because--"

"Yes, Camden. I'm adopted. My mom had me when she was in a rough place and she didn't want to put me through all that, so she gave me up." It's been sixteen years. She has become a little more comfortable with saying it now.

"I was going to ask if he would be okay with us working together, but that is cool too." He nodded and her jaw dropped before she shut it. "What is your name though? I need it if I am giving you recognition."

Nova thought about this before saying it, but finally, she said, "Nova Starr." She was going to be known as Camden's songwriter. Hopefully, they wouldn't show a picture, but who knows? At least now, everyone will know her name as well.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro