[16]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It was the weekend, specifically Sunday, and Jaehyun was in his old home, his parents'. It was his first time coming home to it after for years. Nothing much really changed, other than having more plants and new carpets. Honestly, he didn't really want to go and have some time with his mother here. He suggested to be in his flat instead, but his mother just had to push him into this idea.

It just had too many memories.

While his mother was cooking dinner and he's bored, he goes up the stairs and hesitantly goes towards the rooms where his feet dragged him. As much as he doesn't want to, in the back of his mind, he wants to see the changes. More like just to reminisce. His hand grabbed the knob and opened one of the doors. When he opened it, he knew that it wasn't his bedroom. Who else?

It was Taeyong's.

It was obviously empty and clean. Too clean. The bed was covered in a blanket, the drawers and cabinet seemed empty, the paint on the walls were starting to chip and the curtains were down with little to no light coming through. Well, he doesn't live in here anymore so there was reason for it to feel like someone's still sleeping here. This is generally being cleaned maybe, as a guest room.

Jaehyun looked at the white walls that still has the drawings he and Taeyong did. They were happy before he moved to the State. If he could've said something to his mother, then things would've been definitely different. But if he didn't take the chance, he wouldn't be able to take the opportunity to be who he is now.

Could be selfish of him, but Taeyong's selfish too.

The man didn't take for long and closed the door. He sighed as he went into his old bedroom. He thought his old clothing would still be here so he took the opportunity to get and donate them. Atleast they'll be in good use. He was about to ask his mother to get boxes or bags for him to use, but good thing a maid came up.

"Mr. Jung, your mother has been looking for you," she said.

"Tell her I'm just getting the clothing I need. Could you get me soms boxes to put them in?"

"I'll be back shortly then."

She bowed before she went down the stairs again. Jaehyun opened his bedroom door and saw that it was still the same as the last time. It was same as Taeyong's, it was too clean. Although it was old, he could still feel how much comfort he had.

Mostly because Taeyong was always here.

Looking around as he was leaning against the door frame with arms crossed, he remembered the sudden confession he made. At his young age, he didn't see any problems with having feelings for each other. To begin with, he wasn't going to come out as anything. Other men don't catch his attention, neither any women. He only has his full attention on Taeyong that time. And now, he's only focused on working.

He won't deny that even with his hatred, Taeyong still catches his attention. Even the slightest move, Jaehyun would always find himself glancing at him.

Seeing the closed balcony, Jaehyun comes into the room to open it. It was seemingly still warm despite it was a cold evening. It was a bit windy, a very calming cold breeze. He put his hands on the cold railing, hold on it and looked at the scenery that wasn't really anything but houses. Although, the sky looks really pretty with orange and black shades. Then mind wondered at the memory of a conversation that meant pretty much everything for Jaehyun.

"There will be chances that what we have right now might just disappear. I know it's stupid but I'm afraid that it might happen so sudden, that's why I'm asking you."

"Well, if that happens, I'll still come back to you."

Jaehyun chuckled bitterly and nodded slowly. What he had for Taeyong was real. He'll come back and he did. He waited then he just heard that he is with someone else. He's the one scared that Jaehyun might get distant to him but he's the reason why.

But why now? Why is he starting to invalidate everything that Taeyong did behind his back?

Then a few soft knocks snapped him out of his thoughts. Jaehyun turned to see the maid has already come back with a few boxes. The man walked towards her to grab them.

"Thank you. You can go ahead," Jaehyun said.

"Dinner will be ready in 20 minutes, Mr. Jung."

"I'll be down when I'm done."

Then she bowed before she exits the room. Jaehyun sighed then proceeds to busy himself for his sanity.

Jaehyun was able to come back home in his unit. He turned the lights on and dragged himself inside after he closed the door behind him. Looking around, he suddenly felt new. It was almost too upsetting to be here, as much as it was warm and comfortable back in his parents' house. He didn't notice how gloomy his apartment is. He comes home alone.

That's why.

He went and threw himself on his couch and sighed heavily, looking up at the ceiling. He doesn't know what happened but he just suddenly changed. Like, he's starting to regret this.

I thought I could hate you.

Then his phone rang. He grabbed it from his pocket and saw Mark's caller ID.

"What?" the man asked.

"Good thing I called you. Wanna cool off?"

"I just got home. Maybe next time."

Mark hummed, "You're irritated because...?"

Jaehyun frowned, "You keep snooping around huh, Lee."

"I just want to check out my friend. You're always in a bad mood."

"I'm just...frustrated, that's all. I'm thinking."

"Whatever it is, do what you have to do."

The man sighed, "You're thinking that I'm thinking about him?"

"Hey, you said it, not me. Maybe you're really thinking about him. Why? You thought about him with what I said?"

"Hey, stop it. You aren't helping."

"All I'm saying, Jung Jaehyun, just stop it. Admit it, you just can't be happy when he isn't."

Jaehyun combed his hair back as his expressions soften, thinking about what his friend said, "I had dinner with my mother, in her house. It messed me up. My mind was...replaying everything and I don't like it. As much as I want to be angry, I want to stay angry...I suddenly couldn't."

Mark took a second before he spoke, "You want me to pass by? I'll buy something if you want."

"I want to be alone for a while. I'll just see you tomorrow."

He ended the call, not waiting for Mark's reply, then Jaehyun placed his phone on the coffee table before he laid down the couch. He closed his eyes and clicked his tongue.

"Give me a break."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro