[5]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

After a few days, Taeyong went back to work as needed. All supervisors, managers and board members are called for a meeting today to meet the new president and CEO of the company. Everyone's talking about it when he came into the building. Coming into his department, it's his officemates talking about the news too. Seems like Taeyong's really behind the news.

He caught everyone's attention, making them go back to their cubicles to do their work. Taeyong was the kind of supervisor who is strict and responsible inside the workplace, but he could be a reliable person to everyone generally if they ever need help. But since it's going to be an important day, the boy would have to do some adjustments.

"Please clean your cubicles, organize what you need to organize and focus on your work. Am I understood?" Taeyong announced in a soft but stern way, "I want all the documents needed today. Thank you."

They all nodded before Taeyong walked towards his office. He placed things under his desk and decided to take his time in organizing. Although he cleans everyday, he should probably make sure of it. Turning the humidifier on, he goes to work. At some point, he was nervous on meeting the new boss. His feet and hands were getting cold sweat, and he usually does like it.

He's curious who it could be. He shouldn't be anxious or nervous anyway. They'll be just any other bosses out there.

Hopefully.

Half an hour hasn't passed, Taeyong heard soft knocks on his office door. He turned and looked to see Jungwoo coming in.

"Sorry to disturb but they called you for the meeting now," he said.

The boy nodded and smiled briefly, "I'll be right there. Thank you, Jungwoo."

Taeyong grabbed his phone and a few stuffs before he exits his department, leaving his officemates for the meantime. He walked himself towards the meeting room, seeing the board members and others are already settled on the large table. He greeted everyone and quietly seated.

"This is going to be a big break for our company," one commented.

"But it doesn't mean we'll be lucky just because he's a well-known businessman in America. Businesses here in Korea is different from other countries," a board member opposed.

"But if he's able to take over in America, it's not impossible for him to be the next big thing here in Korea."

"He is our chairman's son anyway so I have high expectations for him."

It took some time before Taeyong realized what he just said. Chairman's son? He was confused and he couldn't pinpoint someone, but it was more like it can't be the person he's thinking about. But who else? Where did they even get that news?

Before he could even ask them, the door of the meeting opened which caught their attention. Taeyong looked at the man who stood at the other end of the meeting table. Hands in his pockets, dressed in class and his body well-built but his smile and eyes were intimidating. Everything suddenly slowed down and muted. The boy was in awe.

He didn't recognize him for a second.

"Good morning, gentlemen," the man greeted with a soothing but stern baritone voice, "I am Jung Jaehyun, your new President and CEO of this company and I'm excited to work with you," then his eyes quickly glanced at Taeyong, "...all of you."

Does he still remember me?

How could I forget you after what you've done?

"I have read your profiles and information but I am yet to know everyone personally," Jaehyun added, "I'm sure you have read information, articles and headlines about me. Although, you'll know me better while you work with me."

Taeyong suddenly couldn't take his eyes off the man. The last time he saw him was when he was just about in junior high, at a height where he just reached the boy's jaw. Surely, he's way taller than him now. His face looked mature, the way he spoke showed how much pride he has, and just the way he stands was enough to tell that he owns the company--basically everything his family owns.

He missed him.

"May I visit each department?" the man asked.

"Of course, Mr. Jung! We'll have the supervisors guide you," the general manager answered.

Jaehyun smiled, "Thank you. I'll have the board members come back after the visit. Am I understood?"

"Yes, Mr. Jung."

All supervisors stood and guided the new leader of the company towards their departments. Taeyong doesn't know if he should be right beside him or behind but, in the end, he just followed from behind. He was too anxious. It felt like it wasn't Jaehyun that he used to know.

"You were drooling," Johnny, supervisor of the Marketing department, whispered.

Taeyong furrowed his eyebrows and pushed him a bit, "What are you saying?! I wasn't!"

"You were. Look at you," the taller said.

The boy blushed, "Johnny, shut up!"

Then he did shuts up, just because they entered the elevator. Taeyong's heart was pounding too much against his chest that it was bothering his ears as he stood beside Jaehyun. He tried to stand far, doesn't have any plans to get his attention. He was awkward, somehow still couldn't believe it's him. It's been years and he thought Jaehyun wouldn't come back, although he could only hope at that time.

Getting out of the elevator, they walked towards the other's department. Taeyong suddenly wanted to let someone else to do it, he just might stutter or something. He should have Jungwoo introduce their team.

Although, this might just cause his professionalism. The boy was so busy overthinking that Johnny had to snap him out of his thoughts since they were at the HR department already. Taeyong didn't say anything and went to open the door for Jaehyun, welcoming him into their working place.

"Jungwoo, could you please introduce the team for me?" Taeyong asked, whispering but Jaehyun heard him.

"Why? Do you need to go somewhere?" Jaehyun suddenly asked that made the boy to shiver.

The supervisor didn't straight at his eyes, "N-No, sir, but--"

"Do you feel anything that's bothering that you have to excuse yourself?"

"No, sir."

"Any emergencies?"

"...No, sir."

"Then you introduce your team. You are the supervisor afterall. Be responsible for my first impression of you...Mr. Lee."

Taeyong suddenly felt embarrassed. He sighed and cleared throat before he spoke for his department. But he shouldn't take this personally. They are at work. Maybe Jaehyun's just keeping a high profile and doesn't give any special treatments. Well, he's not a well-known businessman for nothing.

But Taeyong did got scared of him.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro