× • × • ×
= • = • =
sxihara shxichi
you're the only reason i remain
ecstatic, im the positive to your
negative.
= • = • =
× • × • ×

(y/n) smiled in delight as she clasped her hands in true happiness.

"Wah. . ! Saihara-chan! So amazing, look! I can picture her face!" (y/n) praised her classmate in amazement. As she watched him get troubled with the puzzle board (y/n) just got from her aunt as a christmas present and she can't solve any bit of it.

". . . E-Eto, I-I'm not really that amazing. . " Saihara continued to deny as he places another piece, "S-Some people are more better. ." He said with a flustered face causing him to lose focus.

He tried to brush him off suddenly by looking at the sun set light crashing down the room. Orange and yellow hues mixed in the room, almost like a colorful theater featuring a wonderful scenery inside the empty classroom. With Saihara in his seat, and (y/n) on whom placed her seat infront of him resulting them to seat across each other.

Class was early dismissed. And everyone probably went home. Currently, exams just ended for Hope's Peak. And Chiaki Nanami, a student from 1-B, asked almost half of the class if they'd want to go to the arcade with her. The two of you stayed behind because of this puzzle she told Saihara to do.

"At first, I don't really know what the picture is. .  So good thing to have someone good in analyzing as you!" (y/n) twirled a strand of her (h/c) hair with her other hand cupping her cheek.

Saihara tilted his head, "What about the box. . ? Didn't you see any image of the complete puzzle there. . ?" Once Saihara asked that question, (y/n) tapped her chin with her fingers and continued to search for her mind if there are any.

"Hmm. .  no. My aunt told me to guess what's the image."She shrugged.

"And plus, she's an artist. I guess she drew the image and printed into tiny little pieces." (y/n) blinked and the black-haired boy chuckled at her imagination, "You can't print cardboard this thick in the printer. ." He said.

Though he may laugh some times, so (y/n) was very happy he at least laughed today.
. . . because of her.

Saihara sighed, "I'm still confused in where I'm putting this puzzle piece. ." He bit his lower lip, holding a specific puzzle piece on his hand, (y/n) leaned in to grab it from his hand. Examining it, it had red, green, and blue spots.

"Looks like a manga background. . " She commented, "Won't it fit here. .?" She placed it on te girl's side but it didn't fit because it was for a different piece than there was supposed to be in. She sighed. "Why did she just buy me a 200 pieces puzzle. .?"

Saihara noticed her complain and started to speak, "I-I guess your aunt just wanted you to have at least a mind to think with. . " He mutter his last words worriedly, afraid of you giving him a beating. "I heard that." (y/n) glared at him and he flinched.

(y/n) and Saihara were friends ever since. Close friends. (y/n) had met the black haired boy's parents when she was in prep school and also became friends with him. And the black haired boy also had met the same for (y/n).

Lucky they were as fate that until first years they'd meet.

"It's 5pm. Won't your parents scold you. .?" Saihara suddenly asked, still finding a piece that suited for a space he found in the puzzle. No matter how dizzy it seems looking back and forth at the pieces and spaces, he continued to strive and solve it for the (h/c)-ette.

"Nope! I told them that I'll be solving with you!" (y/n) gave a happy grin.

"Yeah. .  thanks for helping. ." Saihara sarcastically says.

"Yup. Good to help!" (y/n) went along his sarcasm.

---
---

It was another day and around 6pm the two gave up for the day yesterday. And as usual, they'd end up in the classroom, alone again solving the puzzle like it was to no end. It was really hard, but (y/n) still tried to help at least for the anaylitical black haired boy.

"Woah. . !" (y/n) squealed. "It's about to be finished!" She says, shaking Saihara's shoulders in complete excitement. "It's about to be finished! To be finished, to be finished, to be finisheddddd~!" She chanted running around in circles in the emoty classroom, advantage it was that there's no one already here except for Shuichi and here.

"Y-Yeah, and calm down. .  (f/n)-san." Saihara smiled and (y/n) froze.

"EH?! WAHHH!" She squealed happily, "Shu-chan called me (f/n)! Yay! I'm so happy today~!" She said, Saihara blushed in complete embarassment, "E-Eto. ." He scrambled to get some words out of his mouth.

"Don't worry! I'll keep it as a secret~" (y/n) winked and Saihara blushed in a deeper shade of red. Even though he was clearly shocked why he suddenly called his little friend that, he clearly saw himself being embarassed in front of everyone as he continued to feel anxious when (y/n) might expose his secret, he can imagine a very pretty blackmail from her.

. . . .  You're doomed, Shuichi.

"Finally, it's nearly finished." Saihara sighed out of hard work. Looking at the remaining five or eight pieces remaining by the side of the table. One of them was the other piece that he can't even guess where the place was. Since it had an unfamiliar shape, unlike the others.

"Ooh~! Wait! Isn't that. . " (y/n) suddenly pointed out at the picture. It was an (h/c) haired girl with a black haired boy, sleeping beneath a tree trunk peacefully. The boy had a thin ahoge that followed the position of his head, with his long eyelashes closed, his head leaned on the (h/c) haired girl whom had the same position.

(y/n) blinked, "Oh! I remember!" Saihara was confused with the current uncomplete image he was staring at. The remaining pieces were of the boy's legs, but he can see his face clearly. And it surprised him, "It's me and Shu-chan! Wah~ I'm so happy with this!" (y/n) smiled completely at her aunt's masterpiece.

Saihara finally realized who it was and blushed deeply, "I-I remember that time. ." He looked away, "Yeah! You cried that time because-" (y/n) was cut off when Saihara covered her mouth with his hand, "S-Stop talking a-about it! I-It's embarassing. ." He looked down at his shoes in complete embarassment.

(y/n) takes off his hand from her mouth and grinned, "Yes, Shu-channn~" She saluted cutely. Saihara can only smile back as he continued solving the puzzle.

After around an hour, it was finally 5pm, and (y/n) and Saihara smiled with delight in seeing the complete they've been solving ever since weeks. "It's finally finished!"
(y/n) cheered.

"IT'S FINISHED SHU-CHAN! FINISHED!" (y/n) declared, signalling a highfive and Saihara did the same with a smile, "I think my work here is done, (f/n)-san. . " He scratched his cheek.

(y/n) hummed in happiness but suddenly her eyes fall unto the previous piece they've been talking about earlier, "W-Wait. .  what about that?" She blinked. "Ah," Saihara said as if he had remembered something.

"I forgot to tell you, this puzzle had 201 pieces. And this last puzzle piece is different from all of them. Since it's multicolored unlike the background, which is white with a tinge of green. Olive green." Saihara points.

(y/n) tiltes her head in curiousity, "Eh. . . ? What makes it different?"

"The cardboard used is quite a bit thick." Saihara stated, giving the piece unto her hand closing her fingertips, resulting her to hold the piece in her fist. "Also. .  I-It might be bad to a-ask b-but. .  can I take the puzzle picture with me. .?" He asks shyly.

(y/n) smiled, "Yes!" She agreed.

From her response, Saihara was taken aback, "Aren't you going to say that you won't. . ? This is from your aunt's. . " Saihara said with a pained face. (y/n) shakes her head, "I don't have to!" She suddenly tapped her head.

"I've got a lot of that here." She smiled.

Saihara was surprised. She was interesting after all. With a smile, "Thank you, (f/n). ." He said and (y/n) chuckled, "Of course! Shu-chwann~" She says and slowly both of them depart home.

(y/n) decided to carry the puzzle piece with her. It was enough to be a memory of this wonderful treasure they've made today.

On Saihara's side, he had displayed the wide puzzle board on his room, smiling everytime he would pass by every morning, every night, everytime he would see it.

A memory would never, ever be forgotten.

Smiling unto the picture of the two little cute children, his gamboge gray eyes had stopped to look at the young, cute (h/c) haired girl that's been leaning her head on the black haired boy.

He smiled cheerfully, and mumbled words he hope she would hear. But he was shy admitting the little bit of truth he'd been feeling.

"You're always so cute. . ."

But truth is, he had already admitted the bit of truth he was feeling.

. . . Remember, now guess what was the use of the remaining puzzle piece?

Extended Ending :

On (y/n)'s side, she continued to look at the puzzle piece with a thicker cardboard. Shaking the puzzle piece, a rattle can be heard from the inside. Her excitement got i to her as she excitedly tried find ways, hoping not to tear the puzzle piece, she flips the image of the spots of red, green of blue and discover it was just a piece of thin cardboard.

Now looking at the inside, after taking off the thin lid, a piece of paper was found that was folded in a small fold, curiously, (y/n) takes the paper and rolls it open.

The words inside have surprised her.

"I did it for you because I love you."

Of course, she knew whose handwriting this was.

With a blushing face, she continue to give joyous laugh.

"I love you too."

Remember what happened awhile ago?
On Saihara's point of view-

When (y/n) was watching me intensely, her eyes slowly lose light. Possibly, she was in a daze again, I can surely just say I'm unfamiliar of this piece and let her snatch it from my hands. That's the usual (y/n) actually.

I look at the sunset while getting a certain piece I worked with last night, and suddenly sighed, "I'm still confused in where I'm putting this puzzle piece. ." I say as I bit my lower lip, hoping she didn't see.

She snatches the piece from my hand and I mentally sigh in relief.

I think I can finally confess properly, then.

Good luck, Saihara.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro