Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The drive to the laboratory felt longer than it really was. Jack stared out the front windshield the whole ride, gazing out at the cloud of smoke.

Ryan drove up to the lab and stopped the car. Jack jumped out without waiting for Ryan to turn the car off, sprinting away to the mob of people standing outside.

"Felix?" Jack called out. "Marzia?"

Jack felt someone take his hand and looked over to find Mark. He squeezed. "I'm right here, Jack."

"I know you are."

"Jack?" Jack perked up when he heard his name, scanning over the faces. Someone pushed their way to the crowd, and Jack breathed a sigh of relief. "Oh my God, Jack, you're okay."

Jack let go of Mark's hand and dove toward Felix, hugging him tightly. "I was worried when I heard what happened. I wanted to make sure you and Marzia were safe. Wait, where is she?"

"Right here." A small voice said from behind Felix. Jack let go of him, and Felix stepped aside to show Marzia. She hugged Jack, squeezing his shoulders. "They told us they let you go, but we didn't know if you were safe or not." She let go of him, glancing at Mark and smiling. "Now we know you are."

"What happened?" Matt said as he walked up with Ryan. "How did the fire start?"

"Anti and Dark." Felix said. "They were fighting. Did you know Dark can control fire?"

Mark and Jack looked at each other. "Shit." They said simultaneously.

Ryan looked up at the sky and widened his eyes. "Guys, watch out!"

The group stepped away from each other as a figure flew down, tackling Jack to the ground. Jack tumbled with them for a moment before finally kicking them off of him. He growled. "Dark. What a lovely surprise."

Dark smirked back. "Hello again, Sean-"

Before Dark could say anything else, another figure- Anti- flew down and punched him, knocking Dark to the ground. "Hurt Sean one more time and you're dead."

Mark was immediately at Jack's side. "Are you okay?"

Jack ignored him, instead glaring at Anti. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I believe saving your life." He dropped a heavy, black duffle bag onto the ground. The bag was moving, as if someone was in it. "I got you a present."

"A demon and someone in a bag. No thanks."

Anti rolled his eyes, kicking the bag over. "Just fucking take it."

Dark finally managed the strength to get back on his feet, immediately spinning around and punching Anti's jaw. He then turned back around and held out his hand. A ball of flames appeared in his palm as he stared at the bag. "Sean doesn't deserve his little gift, does he?"

Anti quickly tackled Dark from behind. He looked up at Jack. "Go! And take the bag!"

Mark quickly grabbed the bag, turning to everyone else. "Come on!" He looked at Felix and Marzia. "You too!"

The six of them raced to the car, climbing in and driving off. As the smoke fell back behind them, everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

"Is that what they were fighting over?" Ryan asked out loud. "Why all of this happened?"

"I think so." Felix stated. I saw Anti with it, and Dark was chasing him. That was a few minutes before the fire."

Mark was still holding the bag, and its movements began to grow more hectic. Jack held his hands out. "Here, give me it." Mark nodded, handing the bag to Jack. Almost immediately, the person in the bag calmed down.

"What's in there?" Matt asked.

"No idea." He looked at Ryan through the rearview mirror. "Let's go to Mark's house. We can open the bag there."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro