19-Let You Down

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Let You Down~NF
C O L E
I look over at Kai. Why couldn't he just tell them? I sigh as we run out to where the danger was. If Kai just tells them, we could get all over with. Kai seem to look over at me with a face like trust me. How could I not trust Kai? I'm just getting a little impatient.

Soon, we were at the area of the illusionist. I stayed close to my teammates and they seem to stay close to me too. Jay kept looking at Lloyd, who Lloyd couldn't help but blush. Then they turned so focused. Making me more relaxed and calm, even though my body language told everyone I already was.

No one was here. I look over at Kai for something, but he seemed so focused he didn't turn his head toward me. Then a green haired girl came out of an alleyway. Kai came close to whisper something in my ear.

"Doesn't she look like Mal from Descendants?" Kai said and I just couldn't believe he even watched the movie then Kai seem to become serious, "Her name is actually Phoebe, but it doesn't suit her."

I nodded as my hands glazed over my swords. I pulled them immediately out when she started talking. I could tell I didn't trust her. Kai seem to get very tired all of sudden, but he stayed focused.

"Hey, boys." Phoebe said casually as her eyes glaze over us then her eyes land on Nya, "And girls."

I look over at Kai. Illusions don't bleed they disappear I remind myself. Phoebe walked closer to us. Why aren't we doing anything. Is this a trap? All I know is might be putting too much hope in Kai. Because, clearly he isn't doing anything.

I stab one of my swords into the ground. Real. I look over at Phoebe to continue talking. Phoebe seem to pose dramatically with a wicked smile on her face. Phoebe seem to spread her arms out like she was introducing an audience.

"LETS BEGIN THE SHOW!" Phoebe declared loudly as the grass and city scenery disappear and being replaced with a theater show and crowds of people in seats watching.

I look over at Kai and felt a bit embarrassed seeing this huge audience. But, atleast we were standing closer to the back. The spotlight light was beaming so hard on us. I look over at Kai.

"Is this an illusion?" I whispered to Kai.

Kai nodded his head 'no' and seemed stunned. Then I grabbed his shoulders and shook Kai. I look seriously at him. Then gave him a (I think) supportive speech.

"Kai, snap out of it." I started but realizing that we are being watched I needed to put on show, how hard can this be? "Jimmy Johns has been selling sandwiches for centuries. But did you hear they have been putting poison in there sandwiches? We need to shut them down! Did you eat one of their sandwiches, Kai?"

The crowd seem to boo a bit. I think it because they loved Jimmy Johns, I do too. But it was the closest codes name for the illusionist as I could think of. A sandwich restaurant probably isn't the best idea, but what else do I have? Please, Kai, think of something.

Kai seem to stare blankly at me then bursted out laughing, "Trying to start another strange adventure, Cole?"

Kai grabbed my hand as the other ninja seem to lay close attention at what we were doing. Kai ran to the stage. I noticed that Phoebe was staring at us behind the stage. I think Kai noticed too.

I looked around trying to think of any ideas what this stage performance might be about. I still had no idea. I barely had an idea what Kai was doing. Then Nya and Jay came on stage doing a huge fight about the dangers that is happening around the city.

Then Lloyd and Zane came quietly on stage. As our acting began, we told a story about a boy (me) who wanted adventure so badly that he caused the world go so wrong. His best friend (Kai) had to help him fix it all up. And at the end me and Kai's character fall in love with a life full of adventure.

The crowd applauded loudly, then as the crowd began to leave. Phoebe came out and congratulated us. It was weird. None of the ninja still trusted her. Phoebe beckoned us to follow her. We did. I wish we didn't. I wish for the first time that Kai wasn't the one who I fell in love with.

A cage fell upon us as Kai was talking to Phoebe. I stare at him, shocked. Kai made it clear that he betrayed us. Kai set it all up. He told it the theater wasn't an illusion it was. We were actually at a dark alleyway. It hurt a lot. Maybe it was apart of his plan.

Kai bent down then said looking at my eyes, "Sorry, I had to do something to save you."

I didn't answer. I felt like I was sick in the stomach. I barely even understood what happened. Just the cage flew upon us and Kai had something to do with it.

"Sorry." Kai said looking up at me with coldness in his eyes, "Sorry I let you down."

Those were the last words I heard from Kai as I fell into complete darkness. I just couldn't believe his secret was better then saving the world, better then me. Wasn't Kai a ninja? Then why did Kai didn't try his hardest, letting it go just like that.

The words Kai said kept repeating in my head. 'Sorry I...' Sorry for what? Getting what you wanted. Just some stupid words that I always seem to hang onto. For making me believe in false beliefs, blinding me with illusions?

'...let you down.'

A/N
Crazy chapter right here! WHAT THE HECK KAI?! UR SUCH A JERKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! U BROKE MY HEART!! COLELELE,LELE,SLLE! IT WILL BE OK! Stop throwing stones at me, Cole. Do want an happy ending? I fine ur not getting one!

-Audrey

Sorry for Cole breaking the fourth wall

-Audrey

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro