3 - In the Kitchen

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

While the group of men waited for a table, Seo turned to the Commissioner.

"Who was that Sir?"

Sanada looked at the young men and smiled but didn't answer. Seeing a table open up with room for all of them, Sanada gestured for them.  Lee led the others to the table. As they all took their seats, the three men looked at Sanada, still waiting for an answer from him. Their boss felt the stares. He he looked up at them and smiled.

"I'm sure you'll see her tomorrow.  Now, let's enjoy some ramen! Order what you like."

Ryu made it back to the table and finished her meal. Tomo and Kaneko had noticed the new guys with Sanada and kept an eye on them while their little sis was with them.   As she dug into her bowl of ramen, Kaneko couldn't help but tease her a little.

"That guy was checking you out sis!"

"Yeah right..."

"No, Kan is right Ryu. That one in the black jacket was looking at you."

"So was everyone else in the restaurant, what's your point?"

Seiji was laughing at his older brothers. They weren't actually brothers, but cousins.  Since they had all grown up together, they just referred to each other as siblings. That is everyone except Ryu, she had spent some time away from her family but it wasn't by choice. Seiji was actually Ryu's half brother; they had the same dad.  After the death of their father, Uncle Sabe became Seiji and Ryu's guardian.

"You still going to have lunch with him tomorrow?" Seiji's voice was always so soft whenever he talked to his sis. She finished chewing and took a sip of water.

"Yes, it's his birthday. We always have lunch on his birthday. Do you want to come with me?"

Seiji smiled at her. He knew her and Sanada would always have a special bond and it was meant for just the two of them. Even though he was her brother, he didn't want to share their special day. "No sis, that day is just for the two of you."

Ryu smiled at him, it was rare for her to smile but she seemed to be doing it more often. They had finished their meals and were getting ready to leave. As the group got up to head out, Ryu detoured and made her way over to Sanada. Her oldest brothers didn't seem to mind but Seiji went with her, he was leary of the 3 unknown men that had accompanied Sanada and Lee. Sanada saw her and stood. She walked right up to him and hugged him again, her small arms going around his waist. She looked up at him with her large eyes.

"Tomorrow at 11?"

"Tomorrow at 11 is fine." Sanada gave her a quick kiss to the forehead and she turned and left. Seiji bowed out of respect to Sanada and followed his sister towards the exit. Returning to his seat, Sanada could already hear the questions.

"Bring your appetites tomorrow."

Seo turned to see the small woman walking out the door, but he also saw the man that was with her, glaring at him.

Once outside, Ryu saw her older brothers were already on their bikes and ready to head out. Her and Seiji put on their riding gear, mounted their bikes and started them up. The group rode off into the night, back to their shared home.

Finally home, Ryu made her way to the kitchen. She was preparing to fix lunch for tomorrow to take to Sanada for his birthday. Seiji came in after he got comfortable for the evening.

"What are you making sis?"

"Pork buns, fried cabbage and beef and peppers."

"Oh! It all sounds good."

"Don't worry, I'll make extra for you guys."

Seiji leaned on the counter as Ryu kneaded the dough for buns. He also had seen the guy that Tomo mentioned giving his little sis the eye. "Hey, Tomo was right about that guy checking you out."

"Okay?"

"Just be careful sis, he's a cop."

"Yeah? If they're with Sanada, they're usually cops. You guys make it sound like we're dating."

Uncle Sabe walked into the kitchen on the tail end of their conversation.

"Ryu is dating someone!" he was shocked and excited at the same time. Ryu was not.

"I am not dating anyone Uncle."

"One of Sanada's guys was giving her the eye, but she completely ignored him." Seiji had no problem filling Uncle in. Ryu scrunched her face at him causing him to laugh at her. She flicked flour at him.

"Love you sis."

"Love you too."

Seiji left as their uncle had a seat at the kitchen island where Ryu was preparing food.

"Ah, what is all of this for?"

"Tomorrow is his birthday uncle."

"Ahhhh! I see. What time is your lunch?"

"11, do you want to come with me?"

"No dear, that is your special time together."

Ryu smiled and returned to preparing the dough. Sabe had a special soft spot for his niece, he always would. She had been through so much and had wished a better life for her. Meeting a nice young man and settling down was something he'd wished she would take into consideration. But, Ryu's sense of responsibility and the guilt that she harbored made all of that nearly impossible.

"You know Ryu, you don't have to continue working with us. You can go off and do your own thing."

"But this is my thing Uncle. What else would I do?"

"You cook so wonderfully. Maybe have your own little coffee shop or cafe?"

"Maybe."

"Fine. Do not stay up to late."

"I won't uncle. The rest I can make in the morning. I'm going to bed after the dough is done."

He smiled and went to give her a kiss good night. Dough together, Ryu covered it and set it off to the side. She cleaned up the kitchen and called it a night. She prayed sleep would find her easily tonight. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro