Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

This was very lightly edited, so please forgive any mistakes! I wrote this as a little thank you for waiting for me while I figure out how to continue writing fanfictions without overdoing it!

---

You're a little nervous a you stand in front of the door that separates you from the hybrid you came to the shelter to meet, the guys behind you anticipating the moment when you open it because they wonder what kind of person the bearded dragon is and whether they'll get along or not.

It's not a small thing to let someone new in their precious home, so while they're ready to say no about letting this Namjoon live with you should he be a bad person, they still hope that it'll go well because they know what it's like to not have a home to keep them safe in this tough world.

You glance at their group to make sure that everyone is ready, unsure yourself if you are ready to meet him, and when Seokjin nods his head at you to encourage you, you breathe in deeply before nodding back.

You wouldn't expect to be this anxious after spending so much time with these hybrids - you're used to their particularities now, or that's what you want to believe - but you wish for this meeting to go so well that you're putting a lot of pressure on your shoulders and you're starting to feel a little nauseous.

Being abandoned is not something you wish for anyone, and for hybrids, it's even harder to experience so you don't want to overwhelm him. What if you act too friendly and he pushes you away? Or what if you're not friendly enough and he gets scared of you? What's the right way to behave with an abandoned hybrid?

"Are you okay, Y/N? Do you want me to open the door for you?" the caracal asks you softly after seeing that your hands are shaking the slightest bit, a sight that makes him want to hold you close, but you shake your head before moving forward so you can hold the doorknob, everything will be fine.

"I'm fine, Seokjin, don't worry".

At those words, you knock lightly on the door with your other hand to warn the hybrid before gently opening the door, and you quietly peek inside the room before opening it wide, the man you can see seated on the bed taking as little space as possible despite his bigger body as he observes you with hesitant green eyes.

"Hi" you speak softly when he remains right where he is, silent and tensed. "Your name is Namjoon, right? I'm Y/N and these are all the hybrids that live with me at home, I do believe you were told about us when I received that call to meet you, can we come in?".

It takes a few seconds of him considering your lot, but he eventually nods his head as he analyzes you with sharp eyes and your group enters inside the small room that is suited for three people at most, which means most of them remain in the doorway while you thread carefully towards the bed before crouching in front of him to appear less threatening.

You smile warmly and offer him a handshake that you hope he would take if only to make you all a bit more at ease, something he hesitates again before accepting - your smile is unlike any other he has ever seen before, he doesn't feel like a monster when you look at him and that is new to him.

"Can I sit next to you? Or would that make you uncomfortable?" you ask when the warmth of his palm meets your own, and his small hum of acceptance makes your smile widen before you stand to take the space besides him with a respectable amount of distance between you.

A distance that he soon gets rid of when your body warmth pulls him in.

Without letting go of your hand, he surprisingly wraps his arms around yours to stick as close as possible, eyes nervously looking up at you in case that you would hate his touch, but when all he sees is your beautiful smile and creased eyes, Namjoon instantly knows that he wants to leave with you.

Seokjin, Jimin and Yoongi manage to fit inside the room to stand in front of the two of you, and Namjoon instinctively moulds into your side with his sight locked on the other hybrids that he briefly forgot about because your presence is that mesmerizing.

"You don't have to be so wary of us, we might look a bit scary but we're not that bad, I promise" Seokjin muses with a smile that he wants inviting for the bearded dragon, and Jungkook quickly nods his head to verify his claim.

"It's true! Taehyung and I were living outside not too long ago, but they came and talked with us even when we were all dirty before asking Y/N to let us live with them, without fearing that we might cause them problems. Y/N is a very kind human and she takes good care of us, so you don't have to be afraid, we all came here because we wanted to meet you" he explains with a cheerful tone that surprises Namjoon, because he has never heard hybrids sound so happy before, never.

"We know that you were abandoned by your previous owner," Jimin begins with his gentle voice, and you feel the need to caress Namjoon's hair softly when he withers slightly closer to you, as if you could swallow him up into your warmth by doing so, "but I hope you can trust her and come live with us, if it's something you want. It wouldn't be like anything you ever experienced in the past. Y/N respects all of us like we're regular people, she treats us like family, she is safe for us".

Your heart swells with warmth at Jimin's words, your cheeks a light pink as you smile at the hybrid who stares at you like you are his everything, something Namjoon notices they all share.

It's obvious that he would not meet the same fate he met with his previous owner if he comes with you, and he does not want to waste this golden opportunity, no matter how scary it might be at first since he's never had to live with so many hybrids in the past.

He swallows thickly before looking at you again, and the way you stare at him makes his body relax, muscles letting go of their nerves because there's nothing to resist, nothing to fear by your side.

"I... I would like to come with you, if possible, please" he finally speaks for the first time, and to hear his deep voice like this, so close to your ears, a tone that goes much deeper than Taehyung's own baritone, you get chills all over your skin as you give him a relieved and pleased smile.

"We would be pleased to have you with us, right guys?" you ask the others who quickly nod their head, and Yoongi's chest fills with pride when he realizes that they're going to have one more hybrid to look after, another hybrid to be part of the beautiful pack that is forming within your house.

Taehyung's wings flutter behind him when he sees everyone looking happy about welcoming a new member into the family, and he once more feels blessed that he was made a part of it too, a day he will always look back to fondly.

"Great, let's go home then, shall we?".

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro