6. What have we done?

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Author Notes: I have seen many different fanfiction stories involving a neglected Naruto.  Most of them haven't been completed or poorly written.  So, I decided to try my hand at it.  I strongly advise those whom are faint of heart, hate violence, brutality, and neglect not to read this.  I claim no rights or claim to own the Naruto series or its characters as they are owned by Masashi Kishimoto.  The only characters I do claim to own are the OCs that I will be using.  I also don't claim the other kitsunes or demon foxes that I will be using as they are owned by the various anime series that they are featured in.  Please be sure to leave me your comments and reviews telling me what you think.

Key guide: "regular speech", 'thinking to one's self', *telepathic/mental speech*, (author notes), bold-demons/summons speaking, italics-attacks/jutsus/special abilities

Six: what have we done?

While Naruto was getting used to his newfound family and seeing the ones who could take on a true human form transform into their human states, Jiraiya had returned to the leaf village. Jiraiya had received a prophecy from the great toad sage.

"A child who suffers in silence shall rise up to greatness. They shall forever and the endless wars that continues on today. They shall befriend the mightiest and most powerful beasts in the world. They shall also befriend those whom had suffered like them. They will be a hero in the world's darkest time defeating a great evil." Jiraiya felt that the prophecy was about Naruto. Since he knew that Minato and Kushina haven't begun Naruto's training, he was going to take it upon himself to train the young child. Jiraiya arrived at Namikaze-Uzumaki home as he knocked on the door to have Kushina answer it.

"Come on in Jiraiya. I will get Minato for you. The kids will be happy to see you."

"Thanks Kushina."

"Minato...... Your sensei is here." Kushina called out. Two young children came running in as they threw themselves into Jiraiya.

"Ojichan-Jiraiya (grandpa Jiraiya)!" yelled out Menma and Nariko.

"Hey you two...... Have you been good?" Jiraiya laughed as he hugged his two grandchildren.

"Hai Ojichan (yes grandpa)." they replied with broad smiles across their whisker marked faces as they broke out in giggles. Jiraiya couldn't help but to notice that Naruto hasn't come out to see him.

"Sensei (teacher)? What are you doing here?" Minato asked as the kids climbed off of Jiraiya.

"I have come to speak to Naruto. Is he in his room?" Jiraiya asked.

"I believe so. What is this about sensei?" Minato asked.

"I will explain after I speak with Naruto. I was given a prophecy by the great toad sage as I believe it talks about Naruto." Jiraiya replied. He couldn't help but to notice the angry looks that crossed Minato's and Kushina's face when he mentioned Naruto's name. He knew that the two favored Menma and Nariko over Naruto. But he never confronted them about it or discover the reason why. Jiraiya headed up to the attic which doubled as Naruto's room.

"Naruto, it's your favorite Ojichan. I am coming in." Jiraiya stated as he knocked on the door. No reply came as Jiraiya entered the room. "Naruto?" he called out heading over to the part that was Naruto's room. But there was no sign of the boy. All he found on a worn-out mattress was a note with the words ojichan/obachan (grandma). Jiraiya sat down on the mattress opening up the letter that was written in Naruto's handwriting.

"Dear Ojichan or Ojachan. If you have found this note, then it probably means that I am long gone. I can't stand the hatred, anger, fear, beatings, and the abuse that I receive because of something that I had no clue about. Something that was beyond my control. I am referring to the nine-tailed fox sealed within me. I just found out about him on my birthday when the villagers attacked and tried to kill the monster/demon that they saw me as. What's even worse is when my so-called family also beat me up and abuse me because of it. I find it strange how they can treat my twin sister Nariko like she is an angel but, treat me like at times that I don't exist or that I am a demon. Everyone but a very small handful don't hate me. No one besides these small few don't treat me like I am Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze but rather the nine-tailed fox reincarnate. Kurama that is the nine tails true name. It wasn't his fault that he attacked that night. He was forced by a masked man who called himself Madara Uchiha. Even though haha (mother) held Kurama within her before me. She never befriended or talked to him. He isn't like the stories people tell. I got tired of everything I had to deal with that I left the village. Kurama and I are going to find Kurama's children. I am also going to begin my training. I may return or I may not. So, wish me luck. Yours truly, Naruto."

Jiraiya was in tears after reading the letter. He was also angry and mad at his student. He knew that he had taught him better than this. It was time that the Uzumaki-Namikaze family got a rude wake up call. Jiraiya took the note as he went downstairs. He stormed over to Minato's study, finding his student and his wife.

"So, sensei what did you have to stay to Naruto?" Jiraiya went up to Minato punching him hard in the stomach forcing the forth hokage to collapse to his knees.

"Jiraiya what the......?" yelled out Kushina only to have Jiraiya slap her across her cheek. Tears lined Jiraiya's eyes.

"I thought that you both were better than this. Why did the third, my sensei sacrifice his life? Did you forget Kushina what it was like to be the Jinchuriki? Are you both that blind and not able to see your own son? How dare you both beat and abuse Naruto but treat Nariko like she is a princess. Have you both forgotten that it was you two who placed this burden on Naruto? Now because of your selfishness, you may have doomed not only this village but the very world." Both Minato and Kushina looked at Jiraiya wondering what in the world he was talking about. "Here read for yourselves." he stated as he slammed Naruto's letter onto the desk. "I hope that Naruto does for one return to show you both how wrong you were to judge him." Jiraiya stated as he left the house.

Both Kushina and Minato read the letter breaking down into tears. They looked at the photos that hung around their home realizing not a single one contained a picture of Naruto except for the birth photo. Then they went up to were Naruto used to stay and realized that the attic was no place for a child. Both Kushina and Minato cried into each other's arm.

'What have we done?' Was the main thought that cross both of their minds. Minato and Kushina had to find Naruto and beg for forgiveness. First thing Minato had to do was correct the wrongs that have been happening in the village and set the records straight. He also needed to find Jiraiya and hear what the great toad sage prophecy was. He hoped that he could get Naruto back even after how he and his wife behaved. He also needed to make more of an effort with his children.

"I am going to try to get some Anbu to hopefully find him. Let's hope that one day he does return. If he does, lets except him back with open arms." stated Minato. Kushina nodded her head as she owned Naruto an apology. She had forgotten the ridicule and the alienation that she had suffered being a Jinchuriki. It wasn't Naruto's and/or Kurama's fault for her wounds and the near loss of her chakra. If anyone was to blame, it would be that masked man who forcefully ripped the Biju out of her. Kushina hoped and prayed that Naruto was safe and that he would one day return back home. She felt that she owed her son and Kurama an apology for her behavior. But will Naruto forgive them?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro