Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Felix grinned proudly at his son when he heard the door close. "You did great in there. I didn't know you could fake cry. It really looks real."

Jack was smiling to himself, wiping his face. "That's because it is."

Felix's smile fell. "Jack, you know I would never do that to you."

"It wasn't that. I... I honestly thought you'd turn the gun to the detective and kill him instead."

"Of course not. He's too valuable, to the LAPD and to you."

Jack stared at Felix. "What do you mean?"

Felix smirked. "I know that look in your eyes when I see it."

Jack blushed. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Felix's eyes widened. "I mean, I was kidding, but are you serious? The detective?"

Jack groaned. "I know, I know! I thought it would be someone else, too." Jack bit his lip. "But, I mean, have you fucking seen him?"

Felix raised an eyebrow. "A bisexual twenty-three year old is asking a gay, married forty year old if he thinks a twenty-something year old is hot."

Jack facepalmed. "You're right. I'm sorry."

Felix smiled. "But no one will fault you if you want to date him. Try to ask him out tomorrow when you see him again. I'm sure he'll say 'yes', even if it is because he feels sorry for bringing you into that."

"Really, Father? You don't mind?"

Felix gave him a sideways hug. "Of course not. Whatever makes you happy, Jack. Besides, if it works out, he could be a valuable asset to the mafia. I say go for it."

Jack hugged him back. "Oh, thank you, Father!" He pulled away and glanced at the clock on the wall. "I have to go to my apartment. I have class in the morning." He grinned and waved at Felix as he ran off. "See you later, Father! Tell Dad I said hi!"

Felix waved him off, and glanced at Mat as he walked out of the room. "Are you finished?" He asked.

Mat nodded. "I gave him a good punch or two to knock him back out. He'll feel it when he wakes up."

"Good. Take him back to the LAPD, and then you can retire for the night. I already informed your wife and son to pack up and come here as quickly as possible."

Mat smiled gratefully. "Thank you, Felix."

"You're welcome. Now go!" Felix chuckled to himself and Mat raced back into the room and came out with the detective on his back. Felix stared after them as they left the room, wondering how in the world his son could fall for that egotistical detective.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro