Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Javier pulled into the dirt driveway and tried to swallow the jealousy that swept over him when he saw Jessica and Logan pull apart from a hug at the intrusion of his headlights. For a minute he left the lights on and sat staring at them but when they got up from the porch swing, he cut the lights and braced himself for the confrontation that was about to come.

He was well aware of the fact that he should be giving her space but that didn't sit well with him. He couldn't stand by waiting and watching as the distance between them grew while he did nothing to stop it. So here he was, a bouquet of rose and a case of chocolate in hand ready to fight for the woman he loves.

All his life he had sat by and let everyone make his decisions for him. Choose the paths for him that they thought was best. He knew what was to come if he chose Jessica but the fact is the was no other choice for him. Life before her didn't make sense but he had found himself again, found who he really wants to be when he met her. She had shown him love and patience without hesitation, forgiveness and acceptance. She had a heart so pure sometimes he wondered if she truly wasn't an angel, his angel.

At first he had tried very much to deny the attraction he felt towards her. He almost resented her for making him feel again. Feeling always left him hurt, empty, broken. Jessica had shown him it would be pointless to run away from love just because the pass wasn't what he had hoped it would be. She had shown him what he would be missing, shown him what he would be missing with her.

First he had gone to her apartment but she wasn't there. He thought she might be with Logan which scared the life out of him so he tried calling Logan. His call went straight to voicemail but a text came in right after from Logan stating he had gone home with Jessica. Panicking with all sorts of things running through his mind he had raced back to her apartment. His nervousness grew when he realized they weren't there so he rushed to Logan's place thinking they had to be there but his maid told him Logan had gone home. He stopped to think for a while before realizing they must be here.

“Hi” he said quietly eyeing the hand that Logan still hand thrown across Jessica's shoulder.

He saw her tense up before shrugging out of Logans hold.

“What are you doing here” she asked him quietly.

He glanced at Logan then back at her. He felt a pinch in his gut thinking while Logan was welcomed he obviously wasn't. He thought about leaving but one look in her eyes he knew he couldn't walk away.

“I had to see you” he confessed

“Oh come on! Another one followed you home? What have you been doing to the poor fellas in the city?” Jason exclaimed

Javier turned to find three men standing by the front door watching him intently. The older of the three looked away from him to stare pointedly at Jessica before turning back to him. Recognition and tension lit his eyes.

Oh great so her brothers don't want me here either.

“Um guys this is uh...this is…” Jessica stuttered

His eyes narrowed as he took in her flushed face, clearly she was feeling as uneasy as he was, oddly it made him feel a little better.

“He's that good huh?” Jason said with a chuckle then gave Logan a high five as they both snickered.

Javier watched as the oldest of the gang turn to glare at both of them which made them shut up.

“I'm Javier, I'm her ...I'm a ...I'm dating your sister?” Said Javier

“Are you asking us or telling us?” Asked Jordon

“Telling?” Javier replied glancing at Jessica who sat nervously nibbling on her lower lip. The image of her doing that created erotic images in his mind but right now wasn't the time for it.

“When you figure it out you let us know” said Jordon

“Why don't we all give them some privacy fellas” said Joseph who had been quiet all along.

Javier returned the nod he sent him before turning back to Jessica. He raised his eyebrow at Logan who still sat there looking like he had no intension of leaving anytime soon.

“Logan get your ass inside!” Joseph snapped

“I'm not sure I like you talking about my ass” Logan kidded

“You have three seconds before I finish what my brothers and I started in the kitchen this morning” Joseph warned

Javier chuckled as Logan bolted through the front door obviously not needing any further persuasion.

“You're not suppose to be here”

He grimaced as he turned to her. She was looking up at him with uncertain eyes. He sighed and sat next to her, the swing moved under his weight. For a short minute they sat there swinging silently until he realized she was waiting for him to speak.

“I know you don't want me here” he began

“I didn't say that” she said turning to him.

“So you do want me here?” He asked

“I don't know what I want Javier, that's why I asked for some space”

“I know and I'm sorry but, I can't be away from you without feeling scared right now” he admitted

“Scared” she looked confused “scared of what?”

“Of us drifting further apart.” He turned fully facing her. “I know I messed up” his gut twisted when he saw the hurt on her face but he knew he had to continue.

“What I allowed to happen was wrong, I should have stopped her, I was weak and that's not acceptable. I should have come to you in my moment of weakness but instead I allowed my pride to take over. I felt hurt because you kissed Logan”

“It didn't mean anything” she said shaking her head.

“I believe you, but I still didn't like it. It reminded me too much of the past” he said

“I'm not Isabella, don't make me out to be her just because for some sick twisted reason I got her eyes”

“I know you're not her, I'd never want you to be like her. Forgive me for speaking ill of the dead but you're far better than she ever was. Where you're honest she was manipulative. Where pure she was cold. Where your open, she was a pretender.” He explained

He felt relived when she nodded and some of the tension slipped from her face.

“Bethany…” She said

“She was my best friend, she changed after a while. I was attracted to her but I was never in love with her, I will never be in love with her” he replied

“You don't know that” she said

“Yes I do” he replied

“How? How can you possibly know that? There's no way that…”

He held her head between his hand to stop her from continuing to shake it. He looked into her eyes and told her with conviction. “I know because she's not you. She my be able to do something to my body but never my heart. My heart wants only you Jessica, only, you”

He brushed at the tears that finally made their escape down her cheeks.

“I'm so scared” she whispered brokenly

“I know. I am too. I'm scared of not being with you.” He told her

She looked away from his gaze but he couldn't look away from her. Now that he was finally able to touch her he never want to let her go.

“I can't give you the life you want Javier, but she can”

He turned her face so he could look at her. He studied her face and saw nothing but insecurity. It angered him to know she was in this state because of him. It angered him even more because he's heard those words before. His mind immediately went back to his last conversation with Bethany.

“You can't mean that!?” Bethany exclaimed

“I do” he replied with a shrug

“Javier are you crazy!? This infatuation you have for her will pass. How can you even think of passing up on all that money, the gallery, me!?” She screamed at him

“All that doesn't matter to me if I don't have her. She means more to me than anything” he told her

“More than me? I thought we were friends” she said dejectedly

“We stopped being friends when you started pushing my feelings aside. Just like everyone else you don't care about what I want, just how having me would benefit you”

“She can't give you the life you want and you know it but you can have that with me”

“Sometimes what we want is not what we need. Right now, I need her. To hell with everything else. When I get home please be gone.” With that he strolled out of the room and closed the door behind him. He didn't even stop when he heard something smash against the closed door. He was on a mission. His mission is to get back the woman he loves.

He let go of her face and reached for her hands.

“What did Bethany say to you?” He asked but he already knew.

“How did you know?” She asked

“I want you to forget everything she said to you. None of it is true. I love you OK?”

She nodded slowly and he sighed.

“I'm not going anywhere, not unless you want me to” he told her.

He waited nervously as she sat there looking around. When she finally looked back at him his heart leaped with joy at seeing a small but positive smile on her face.

“Stay the night if you want,  we have plenty of room. I need time and space to process all this. ” she whispered

“Ok” he replied "I'm so sorry I hurt you"

"Don't talk about it." She told him quietly as she showed him to a guest room.

Hey guys! So things are about wrapping up with this book but the good news is I've decided to turn this into a series what do y'all think?
Leave me some comments and also vote if you like this chapter.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro