6: Lost

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

*Natalie's pov* 

"Where did you say it was at?" I asked Peter looking at the map. It has been a week since I joined the Ghostbusters. We got a lot of calls, and now a lot of people knew who I was. I also helped Ray and Egon a lot lately with whatever they needed. I guess being a Chemist paid off, I suppose. I was not that big into the subject, but Astronomy didn't pay the bills all that well. So chemistry being my second best science subject, I got my PhD in that also. 

"It should be right up here," he said looking at the map. I was driving the car, and Peter was my navigator. Note to self, make someone else do it. "Or is it down here?" 

"Peter, do you know what you are doing?" Ray asked him looking at the map as well. 

"Of course I do Ray!" 

"Then tell me why you are holding the map upside down." 

"I'm what? Hey Winston, Egon, am I-" 

"Yes," they both told him without letting him finish. 

"Well someone better figure it out quick," I put in looking at the gas meter, "cause we are in the middle of no where, and almost out of gas." 

"What?" Peter asked leaning over me. 

"Venkman, personal space!" 

"What? Oh, sorry Nat." 

"Peter Venkman is sorry? There is one for the books!" 

"So where are we?" Ray asked no one in general. 

"I'm going to park us on the sides until we figure this out," I sighed shacking my head. I pulled Ecto 1 to the side and we all looked at the map has I took the keys out of the car. 

"Umm... so we left here," Peter said pointing to a spot on the map. We were trying to find our way back to New York City, but we were having problems finding the highway. 

"No we didn't," Egon told him, "we were here." 

"I thought we were here," Winston put in pointing at the map. Ray also pointed at the map. 

"No, this is the town. Natalie, which one of us is right?" Ray asked me. 

"I don't know," I answered, "I failed geography in high school." 

"Well this is just great," Winston sighed as we all sighed in defeat. "So what do we do now? We are in the middle of no where, have a car that is almost out of gas, and no way to get help." 

"Jee, thanks for putting us in a better mood Z," I mumbled. 

"I suggest we try and find a gas station," Egon spoke up. 

"Good idea Egon," Peter smirked, "but the problem is we don't know where we are. Unless you want to use those great skills of yours and tell us where it is."  

Egon pointed forward and we all saw a sign. I read it said Welcome to Smelkville in big red letters, almost has if the sign was painted in blood. It had marks and split in the woods, has if instead of a welcome sign it was a turn back sign. 

"This looks inventing," I told them. 

"Unfortunately, it is our only option big sis," he told me. 

"If you say so," Ray grumbled. 

"Do you think they have a gas station or something like that?" Z asked has I started to drive towards the town. 

"Hope so," Ray said looking over my shoulder, "we don't have any gas left. I don't even know if we will make it to the town!" 

We did, and luckily there was a gas station close to town. There was also a pay phone and a nice man who would give us directions. So while Ray filled up the tank and Egon went to call Janine, Peter, Winston, and I were getting the directions. He did and we thanked him, and soon we were all about to leave when I heard my name being called. A women was racing towards me, and I turned my head to try and see the face. I couldn't though. 

"Someone you know?" Ray asked me. 

"Hell if I know," I answered. 

"What about your memory?" Peter asked with a smug look. 

"I can't see her face clearly." 

"Natalie!" she called and I did see her face. Her short nose seemed to go well with her large grey eyes, has did her pale lips. Her hair was a curly mess of black, and she had a smile on her face. Her blue top matched her jeans, and the camera around her neck showed she was taking pictures. I recognized her from a friend and my roommate from college. 

"Kerry?" I asked has she stopped in front of me. She smiled at me and I smiled back. 

"Hey Spengler," she told me with a wink. "Or should I say Dr. Spengler now?" 

"You would never call me that, and we both know it." 

"True. So who are these guys?" 

"Well this is Peter Venkman-" 

"Doctor Peter Venkman," he corrected taking her hand and kissing it. 

"This is Ray Stanz, who is also a doctor," I told her rolling my eyes at Peter. She shock his hand. "Winston Zeddemore," she shock his hand and he said hi, "and Egon Spengler." 

"A pleasure to meet you all," she told them walking back over to me. 

"A pleasure to meet you," Peter said with a wink.   

"Guys, this is Kerry Lynn, my old roommate and friend." 

"What did you study?" Winston asked. She held up her camera. 

"Photography. Ask Nat, she will tell you that I was a nut with this camera!" 

"She was," I giggled. 

"So what are you doing here? And in a jumpsuit?" 

"We were lost, but now we were leaving. It's my uniform to hunt ghost with." 

"Ghost?" 

"Yeah, the things that go bump in the night. Demons, phantoms, Class 5's, all that stuff." 

"How did you become a Ghostbuster? Wait a minute, is that the guy who ruined your presentation a few years ago?" she asked pointing to Egon who looked up from what he was doing. 

"Yes, that would be my twin." 

"Well we really must be going!" Egon panicked said. He got in the car and so did the others. 

"Bye Nat, good to see you!" she called to me and I waved good bye. 

"Alright Spengler, what was that?" Ray asked him. He suddenly found his seat very fascinating. 

"I'll rather not say," he told us. 

"Well what did Kerry mean when she said the guy who ruined your presentation?" Venkman asked. 

"Nothing, alright?" Egon angrily said and gave me a pleading look not to tell them. I gave him a small smile to tell him I wouldn't. I didn't like to talk about it either. Let's just say that that day got me into a pit that I only just got out of. That pit was being a maid and have a low income job. Well I guess I was still sorta in that last pit, but being a Ghostbuster beats being a maid any day of the week. 

"Egon is right, let's just forget about it, okay?" I asked them much more kindly than my twin did. The others shrugged and agreed. That was about the strangest way to spend getting lost for me that I will ever know. 

Hehe, I wasn't going anywhere with this one. I promise they will bust some ghost soon! It's kind of hard to write that, and it's easy to write stuff like this. Bare with me, it will be worth it. Happy New Year! I hope it is a good one! Anyway, you can see the PKE meter in the Real Ghostbusters. I like the movie one, but hey, what can you do? You can go see that video about how Ghostbusters should have ended, cause it is freaking funny! So go cheek that out. Peace out my Stars! 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro