17: Peter's Girl

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I was sitting on the couch, reading a book about stars. To be specific it was actually about the stories behind some of the constellations. It was actually some really interesting stuff, at least for the space nerd that I was. I think I've read this book at least five times. Maybe six. 

"Hey Nat, come here!" I heard Peter call out from downstairs. I stood up and slide down the pole, looking at him. 

Standing next to Peter was one of the prettiest women I've ever seen. She was stunning. She had long black hair that looked like it was taken out of the night sky. Honestly I swear that I had seen little lights that looked like stars in it. Her blue eyes were even prettier than mine, and I have really nice blue eyes. They were dark and had bits of purple and grey in them. Her skin was a dark chocolate color. When she smile, her teeth just sparkled. She was wearing a dress that had stars on it. Honestly looked like a bigger space nerd than I did. And I got a whole doctorate in space! 

"Who is this Peter?" I asked, looking at her. 

"This is Danica. We've been on a few dates now and she's my new girlfriend. I wanted you to meet her since you are the one who told me I should find a girl to settle down with. I hope you get along with her. I'd hate for my girls to fight." 

"So you're the famous Natalie Spengler?" she asked with that dazzling smile. 

"I wouldn't say I'm famous, but yes, I am Natalie," I chuckled. 

"Are you kidding? Peter talks about you so much! Plus you are like a leading expert on space. I read that paper you wrote on galaxies years ago. The way you talk about it makes it sound so wonderful and majestic. You must really know your stuff!" 

"Oh, well thank you," I told her with a smile. "I didn't know a lot of people read that paper. Most people only know me for my chemist work or my Ghostbusting work. Glad to meet a fan of the actual area I love to work at." 

"Hey Peter, have you seen my-" Ray asked, walking down the stairs. He stopped when he saw us, blinking at the sight. "Oh, who is that?" 

"Ray, this is my girlfriend Danica. Isn't she awesome?" Peter asked with a grin. "Winston's already seen her, where is Egon? He needs to meet her too." 

I looked over and saw Janine and Winston sitting at her desk. They looked up at me with faces that just screamed 'make Peter shut up.' I don't know why I was given this look, but it did make me chuckle. I wasn't going to do that. Peter looked happy. Plus he was listening to my advice? And his girlfriend liked my work in astronomy! I was on cloud nine with my mouthy friend. 

"I'm right here," Egon spoke up from the top of the stairs. He walked down with Ray, standing close to me. 

"Danica, this is Egon, Egon this is Danica." 

"Wow, you look just like Natalie!" she told him, her eyes seeming to sparkle even more. 

"Well they are twins," Ray chuckled at that. 

"You mean like Apollo and Artemis? Because if so, that's amazing." 

"Apollo and Artemis?" Winston asked from his seat. 

"The Greek twin gods," I explained. "Artemis is the goddess of the hunt and moon while Apollo is the god of music, medicine, the sun, poetry, and a whole lot more. It's a long list. They are both archers too." 

"You know space and the Greek gods?" 

"I do. I had to learn them for some background on planets and stars and other stuff." 

"Peter, you were right. You're friends are amazing. Winston is so funny, Natalie is way cooler than you told me. I can't wait to get to know Egon and Ray here more. I already feel like I will get along great with them." She looked at the time, blinking a bit. "Oh wait, I have to get going Peter. I wish I could stay around, but I need to help my mother with something. She's got a big project coming soon! I love you," she told him, kissing his cheek. Like that, she was out the door. 

"I'll call you later tonight!" Peter called after her. The four of us turned to look at the love struck fool. 

"So you got a girlfriend, huh?" Ray asked him. 

"I did. Isn't she amazing? She's almost like she's out of this world. I think she's the one Ray!" 

"That's... that's great Peter," he mumbled with a very clear forced smile. That was weird. He should have been super happy for Peter. Not that the other man seemed to notice at that point. He was too lost in his love imagination over this girl. 

"I know! I have to go do something or else I'm going to burst!" 

The phone ringed and we looked over. Janine held up a piece of paper and he grabbed it. We all watched as he quickly got on his uniform, got the packs, and got in the driver seat of Ecto-1. I couldn't believe that he just did that. He usually was the last one to get in on that. Sometimes we had to drag him to get him to go with us on jobs. He must have really been in a good mode. 

We all followed after him, going to the job. It was simple. Wasn't much to brag about. It was just two class threes. Easy bust, easy money. You know, those jobs that you might think are rare but really aren't. We just don't talk about them much like the hard jobs. I do like entertaining you people so I don't write them out. Honestly if every ghost was like the ones you do read, I don't think we would be alive. 

When we got back home, Peter quickly went into his office to probably call his girlfriend. If that was going to be the new norm for him, it was going to take some getting used to. I knew the others agreed from the eye rolls and looks that went in that direction. Oh how I wish I could look at past me and tell her how stupid she and the others are at times. If only. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro