Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Why are you annoyed?"

Anika asked Gauri as they sat down to eat their dinner.

Gauri: my stupid ex-husband annoyed the hell out of me.

Anika: now what did he do?

Gauri: not listen to me. I told him in advance that I would be taking the kids to Shimla on the days that he would have them for. As usual, he didn't listen to me and we argued over it.

Anika: understandable. Did you react quickly again?

Gauri: no.....

Anika gave Gauri a look.

Gauri: maybe. But it's not my fault. It's his fault. Omkara is the one who never listens to me.

Anika: I miss the days when you two were married and happy. I wish you two never divorced in the first place.

Gauri: well it was all his fault that we divorced. He couldn't even give me a valid reason, he just handed me the divorce papers and told me to sign them. Anyway, that was two years ago, I can't cry over what happened two years ago.

Anika just nodded as she took a sip from her glass of water. She looked at Gauri, who was quietly eating. Normally Gauri had a lot to gossip with Anika, but clearly her recent encounter with Om had annoyed her too much for her to gossip.

Anika: it's quite quiet without the kids here.

Gauri: very, Kanishka wanted you to bring Neela and Aneesa so she could come home with me and be away from Pranati.

Om's family did not know who Pranati was, other than the kids of course. The only person who knew about Pranati other than the children and Gauri, then that was Anika. Kanishka, Kairav and Kabir told Anika all about Pranati the day they met her, expressing their dislike for her.

Anika: she still hates Pranati?

Gauri: they all do and I told them to be nice to her and Kanishka thinks her dad paid me to say that.

Anika chuckled as she said: well I can see where she's coming from. It's like when Shivay finally agrees with me on something and the kids think I paid him to agree with me.

Gauri: I never thought kids could be so opinionated about everything. You know, thinking about the kids is making me miss them right now.

Anika: at least they're coming back on Sunday.

Gauri: yeah so about that...me and Omkara eventually agreed that the kids will stay with him till Thursday so tomorrow, you have to drop off their stuff and school uniforms because I refuse to see Omkara.

Anika: sure I'll do that for you. Chalo at least whilst the kids are with Om, you can finish off that article for work.

Gauri: true, I think I'm going to go into the office and write the article there. Even without the kids here, I still get very distracted at home.

Anika smiled and the two continued to talk and eat dinner before Shivay came to pick Anika up. Once Anika and Shivay bid adieu to Gauri, Gauri was left by herself in a big house with no one to talk to. She sighed and went upstairs to go to her room. She sat on the bed and went on her phone, selecting Kairav's contact as knowing Kanishka, her phone was already switched off.

Kairav: hi mum.

Gauri: hey beta, how are you?

Kairav: good thanks, Pranati finally left.

Gauri: I guess you're all happy about that.

Kairav: very. How are you?

Gauri: I'm fine, I was just missing my kids so I thought to facetime you all. Where are the other three?

Kairav: Kaila's with me, watching some random Star Plus drama.

Gauri: Kairav, she's three! Put some cartoon on for her, not Star Plus.

Kairav: I was going to but she started crying till she got her way.

Gauri: pause the TV and divert Kaila's attention to me.

Kairav: of course mum.

Kairav proceeded to do what his mum told him to do. Gauri did hear Kaila complaining when Kairav paused the TV and she also heard Kairav reason with his little sister.

Kaila: hello mummy!

Gauri: hi Kai Kai!

Kaila: mummy I miss you.

Gauri: I miss you too meri jaan.

Kaila: daddy is going to buy me a doll tomorrow.

Gauri: is he really?

Kaila: yeah I can't wait! I want a baker Barbie.

Gauri: tell your daddy that, I'm sure he'll buy it for you.

Kaila: mummy, I want a big hug when I see you.

Gauri: of course Kai Kai, mummy will give you the biggest hug when I see you and we'll have hot chocolate at your favourite cafe.

Kaila: yay! No brothers or sister?

Gauri: it'll just be us jaanu.

Kairav rolled his eyes at his little sister. Kaila just smiled innocently before Kanishka and Kabir came into the room.

Kairav: what are you two doing here?

Kanishka: we heard mum's voice so we came to talk to her.

Gauri: hi Kanishka, hi Kabir.

Kabir and Kanishka: hi mum!

Gauri: what were you two doing earlier?

Kabir: I was with dad, talking about Harry Potter and hockey.

Kanishka: and I was writing my assignment.

Gauri: accha, and what is your dad doing?

Kabir: he is about to sleep.

Gauri: accha....it's quite early for him to sleep already.

Kabir: it's 10pm.

Gauri: yeah so it's early.

Kanishka: mum, we miss you.

Gauri: I miss you guys too. It's very quiet here though and since there is no one to steal my food, I might order something nice and chocolatey from Toshin.

All four kids gasped.

Kairav: mum please don't.

Kabir: yeah we love that place, you can't order food from there without us.

Kaila: I want the cake!

Kanishka: mum, you are an amazing baker so bake something instead of ordering from Toshin since it's illegal to order from any restaurant or dessert place without your kids.

Gauri rolled her eyes as she said: good night kids. Don't stay up too late and Kaila, no more Star Plus.

Kaila frowned as the kids bid adieu to their mother. Gauri cut the call and the room was quiet once again. Sometimes she hated the silence. Gauri liked having peace and quiet sometimes, but most of the time she hated having a quiet house. It felt too lonely.

"Om!!!"

"What do you want jaan?"

"I want another baby."

"What?"

He asked as he got off his phone and looked at Gauri, who was innocently and cutely looking at him.

Gauri: I want another baby!

Om: I heard you the first time. Why?

Gauri: because the house is so quiet. Kairav, Kanishka and Kairav all decided to be with their friends tonight instead of with us and I really want another one. Pleaseee. Waise won't it be so cute having a baby in the house and maybe this time the baby can look like me?

Om laughed with a smile, kissing the side of her head.

Gauri: so can we have another one?

Om: won't the age difference be a little bit much between the three and this potential baby?

Gauri: and how many years are you and Prinku apart?

Om: 11 years....you have a point. We can talk about another baby when the kids are around, we need to know that they're fine with it. Do you want to bake something?

He said, hugging his wife. Gauri nodded with a big smile on her face before getting up off the bed to run down to the kitchen. Om chuckled at his wife, before following her down.

Gauri snapped out of her flashback of late night baking sessions with her ex husband as she heard the oven ping. Her brownies were ready. She was going to order something from Toshin as she said to her kids, but she didn't have the heart to order dessert from their favourite dessert place. Gauri wasn't that mean of a mother.

She took the brownies out of the oven and waited for them to cool down before cutting them into squares and picking one up to eat.

"And the brownies are ready!"

Om said as he took the brownies out of the oven. Gauri clapped her hand quietly as he placed the tray on the kitchen counter.

Gauri: the kids will kill us if they find out we were baking late at night again.

Om: more like I was baking and you were watching.

Gauri rolled her eyes, giggling.

Om: waise you looked really cute just sitting there on this kitchen counter in my hoodie.

Gauri: really?

Om: really. Gauri I love you that much you have no idea.

Gauri blushed as he came close to her and hugged her. She hugged him back. She loved his hugs. They made her feel safe. The kind of safety and security she needed growing up but didn't get till she met him.

Kanishka: mum, dad, you made brownies without us again!

Kairav: come on guys, you promised no more late night baking!

Kabir: explain right now.

Gauri and Om looked at each other, rolling their eyes.

Om: why do we have to explain what's going on here? We're the parents, you're the kids. Explain why you guys aren't asleep.

Kanishka: we wanted to make sure you two were not having treats without us.

Gauri: we were making these for tomorrow.

Kanishka, Kabir and Kairav: sure....

Kabir: so can we have some now?

Om and Gauri looked at each other, sighing with a smile on their faces before looking back at the kids and nodded. The kids smiled, knowing that they finally gained something from their parents' late night baking sessions.

Once again, Gauri snapped out of her flashback. She kept the brownies in a box before going upstairs to sleep.

"I no want braids!"

Kaila complained to Kanishka who was trying to do her little sister's hair on a Monday morning. Kanishka was great at hair styling but she could never do Kaila's hair for one reason and that was Kaila being the most fidgety toddler alive.

Kanishka: do you even want me to do your hair?

Kaila: no!

Kanishka: you couldn't tell me that earlier?

Kaila: no.

Kanishka: dad! Can you do Kaila's hair please?

Om came out of the kitchen as he said: yeah sure. What do you want, Kaila? Ponytail or braids?

Kanishka: she doesn't want braids.

Kaila: I want braids!

Kanishka's jaw dropped, hearing Kaila's answer. Kaila saw her sister and said with an innocent smile: I like daddy's braids and he brushes gentle.

Kanishka: never ask me to do your hair again.

Kaila: okie dokie.

Kanishka rolled her eyes at Kaila, whilst Om just chuckled at his two daughters before brushing Kaila's hair.

Om: Kanishka, instead of texting on your phone, can you see where your brothers are?

Kanishka: I'll text Kairav and ask what they're doing.

Om: why text him when you're both under the same roof?

Kanishka: because why not?

Om rolled his eyes as he finished plaiting one of Kaila's braids and began to braid the second one. Kanishka texted her brother and within minutes, Kabir and Kairav were finally out of their room.

Om: what were you two doing?

Kabir: trying to find Kairav's chemistry textbook and my Sanskrit notebook.

Om: let me guess, your mum didn't give them to Anika when she was dropping off your stuff?

Kairav: it's not mum's fault and it doesn't matter I guess. The teachers are lenient with us for some reason.

Kanishka: they're only lenient because our parents are divorced.

She mumbled to herself, keeping her water bottle in her school bag.

Om: what was that Kanishka?

Kanishka: nothing dad, I'm gonna go and make myself a bowl of choco bites.

Om: we haven't got choco bites. I'm about to make pancakes now that Kaila's hair is done. How much time have we got left till we need to leave home?

Kabir: 30 minutes.

Om: okay breakfast will be ready by then. Now no killing each other or complaining. Okay?

All four kids: yes dad.

Om smiled before going to the kitchen. Kabir and Kairav took their seats at the table and all four siblings looked at each other. Well Kairav and Kanishka did. Kaila was in her own little world, playing with her new doll. Kabir decided to read one of his Harry Potter books.

Kanishka: I can't be asked to do physics today.

Kairav: at least you haven't got English.

Kanishka: I like English.

Kairav: I hate it. I might bunk it with my friends.

Kanishka: and go where?

Kairav: well we might go to that bowling place or the arcade or we might just go to the cafe near school.

Kanishka: sounds fun. If you go to that cafe, get me some of their sugar cookies.

Kairav: sure I will, that depends if I bunk and go there.

Voice: shouldn't be bunking school.

All four children heard Pranati give her unwanted opinion and rolled their eyes. Why did their dad meet Pranati in the first place and why did he give her the key to this apartment?

Kanishka muttering to her siblings: and the dayaan is here.

Pranati: what did you say Kanishka?

Kanishka: nothing Pranati. You're here quite early today.

Pranati: I thought to pay you all a visit, and don't worry Kairav. I won't tell your dad about your plans.

Kairav: thanks I guess.

He rolled his eyes before going on his phone to avoid conversation with Pranati.

Pranati: Kabir, wow you're reading Harry Potter? I was never a Harry Potter person. I preferred the Hunger Games.

Kabir: okay, well that's you then. I like Harry Potter and yeah.

Kabir was never much of a reader. He didn't like reading till after his parents divorced and a teacher suggested reading to him as a coping method. The teacher introduced the famous JK Rowling novels to him and he started reading the Harry Potter series and slowly they became his comfort books. So he did not need Pranati's unwanted opinion that he did not ask for regarding his comfort books. Pranati just gave a tight-lipped smile and was about to speak to Kaila, but that toddler had a very sharp mouth so she didn't bother.

Pranati: so school then? Everyone excited?

Kanishka: it's school, why would we be excited?

Pranati: because school is a great place.

Kanishka rolled her eyes before going on her own phone to text her friends. Om came back from the kitchen and smiled at Pranati as he gave the kids pancakes.

Om: you okay Pranati?

Pranati: I'm fine, I just came to drop by and say hi.

Kabir: now that you've done that, you can go.

Pranati just awkwardly smiled again.

Om: Kabir, be nice.

Kabir: I was being nice.

Om: sure. Do you want any pancakes Pranati?

Pranati: no thank you, I already ate at home.

Om was about to say something but then his phone rang. It was work. He sighed and said: I just got to take this.

Pranati: no worries.

Om went to his room to pick up the phone call. Pranati looked back at the kids.

Pranati: so what's everyone's favourite colour?

All four siblings looked at each other before looking at Pranati weirdly. That lady was clearly trying so hard to be friends with them. Could she not just get the hint already that they didn't like her?

Om came back into the room and said: I have to go right now, I am so sorry kids I can't drop any of you guys to school. There's been some last minute meeting and I need to attend it now.

Kairav: how are we meant to get to school?

Kanishka: yeah how because Kairav can't drive yet!

Kairav: leave me alone, I'm learning!

Om: don't fight...Pranati?

Pranati: yes?

Kanishka: oh dad, don't ask her what I think you're gonna ask her.

Om: can you drop the kids to school?

Kanishka: and he did ask her, great!

Pranati: of course. Which school do they go to?

Om: they all go to Ryan International School.

Pranati: wow what a great school! I'll drop them there then.

The kids groaned whilst Om thanked Pranati before grabbing his work bag and car keys. He said bye to all his kids then to Pranati before leaving.

Kairav: I'll wash the dishes then we'll go.

Pranati: okay.

Kairav grabbed his siblings' plates before going to the kitchen to wash the dishes.

Kanishka: I'm gonna help Kairav.

She said, leaving Kabir and Kaila alone with Pranati. Pranati was about to start a conversation with them but thought not to for now. Once Kairav and Kanishka finished with the dishes, they all left the apartment and went in Pranati's car, even though they didn't want to go to school with her.

Pranati: guys, I have a question.

She asked as they stopped at a red light.

Kanishka: now what do you want?

Pranati: does your mother have a sharp tongue like all of you because your dad is so nice and you all can be so mean to me?

Kanishka: no our mum is very nice, we don't like you and we aren't fake so we don't pretend that we like you. Also keep our mum's name out of your mouth.

Pranati: why do you guys hate me?

Kabir: cause it's you and you try too hard to be like our mum when you're not.

Pranati: guys, you know that I might be your stepmother soon.

She said as the red light turned green and she resumed driving again.

Kanishka: what?

Pranati: well I think that your dad might propose to me in the coming months and when he does, I'm going to say yes and then we'll marry and you guys will be my stepkids.

Kanishka: oh god please kill me.

Kairav: yeah right, you two have been dating for two months. There's no way dad's proposing anytime soon.

Pranati: he got your mum pregnant with you after knowing her for a month.

Kairav: yeah and they married when I was 2 and Kanishka was 1 and they were already in a live-in relationship. Also, stop comparing your relationship with the one my dad had with our mum.

Pranati: look guys, I might be in your lives for quite a bit of time, if not maybe forever. Just like me already, I'm always being nice to you guys.

Kanishka: Pranati, there's a difference between being nice and trying so hard that it's almost like you're being fake. Also trust me, dad will break up with you soon and then he and mum will finally like each other again and marry again.

Pranati started laughing like mad, hearing what Kanishka said.

Kanishka: what's so funny?

Pranati: your fake hope! Kanishka, your parents aren't getting back together at all. Divorced people never get back together. It's a well known fact. Your dad hates your mum and your mum hates your dad...they are never going to be a couple again. They're only in each other's lives because of you four. If you four weren't born, I could peacefully be in a relationship with your dad.

Kanishka: good thing we were born then. You weren't here before they divorced. Mum and dad were damn in love with each other.

Pranati: then why did they divorce if they were so in love with each other?

Kairav: we don't know. Just something happened.

Pranati: what happened?

Kairav: it's none of your business. We're at school now. Bye.

Pranati: bye guys, have a good day.

The kids rolled their eyes as they got out of the car. The moment they got out of the car, they saw Gauri waiting for them.

All four: mum!

Gauri smiled as she came up to her kids. As she promised to Kaila, she gave her a massive hug, picking her up before hugging her other kids. Well she hugged Kanishka because Kairav and Kabir insisted they were too cool to be hugged in public.

Kairav: how come you're here mum?

Gauri: to give you your chemistry textbook, Kabir his Sanskrit notebook and Kanishka her maths kit.

Kanishka: I forgot all about this, thank you mum.

Kairav and Kabir: thank you mum.

Gauri: you're welcome....why did Pranati drop you guys off and not your dad?

Kanishka: dad had a last minute meeting to attend so he asked the dayaan to drop us off.

Gauri: Kanishka...be nice.

Kanishka: to her? Never!

Aneesa and Neela: Kani!

Kanishka smiled as she saw her cousins Aneesa and Neela, who were Shivay and Anika's twin daughters. They both were her age and they all were very close.

Kanishka: mum, I love you but I'm gonna go catch up with Aneesa and Neela. See you, love you.

Gauri: love you too.

Kanishka went to go with her cousins. Gauri looked at her sons and said: I am going to take Kaila to her nursery. Do you two want me to take you guys to class?

Kabir: nah we're fine. See you mum, love you.

Kairav: see you mum.

Gauri: see you, bye.

Kairav and Kabir left to go find their friends before class.

Kaila: mummy?

Gauri: bolo.

Kaila: you very short.

Gauri rolled her eyes with a smile. She was very used to Kaila's random comments at this point.

Gauri: thank you Kaila, I know.

Kaila: hehe.

Gauri kissed the side of Kaila's head and was about to leave before hearing someone call her name.

Pranati: Gauri!

Gauri turned to face Pranati who hadn't left yet.

Gauri: yes?

Pranati: do you tell your kids to hate me?

Gauri: no I don't. I tell them to be nice to you.

Pranati: then why do they hate me?

Gauri: I don't know. They're still adjusting to the divorce.

Pranati: but you and Om have been divorced for two years.

Gauri: yeah....children aren't like us. They take time to get used to the new normal. It can take a couple of years. Now Pranati, I would love to chat more but I have to take Kaila to her nursery class and then I have to go to work. Bye.

Pranati: bye.

Gauri turned around and walked with Kaila to drop her off.

Kanishka kept her head down on the school desk as she dissociated from her surroundings and thought about what Pranati said. Was she right? Would her parents never get back together?

Maybe Pranati was lying and was only saying that since she knew herself that she would lose Om to Gauri.

But what if Pranati was right and her parents never get back together and Pranati would become her stepmother?

Oh how she would cry if her dad ever married Pranati.

Kanishka hid behind the door as she saw her dad hand over some papers to her mother.

Gauri: Om, why did you give me divorce papers?

Om: because I want a divorce.

Gauri looked at Om, shocked whilst Kanishka's heart paused for a minute hearing what her dad had just said.

Gauri: why?

Om: I don't love you anymore.

That shocked Gauri even more and Kanishka, who was hiding, also got shocked. She felt like her entire body went on pause as her brain tried to make this new connection. Why would her dad say that he didn't love her mother anymore after caring for her the last few days?

She knew that she couldn't listen to any more of this conversation nor could she bear to see her mother's heart break before her eyes so she walked away, thinking about what she had just heard.

Kanishka wiped a tear that fell from her eyes as she tried to focus back on what her teacher was saying, but her brain brought back another memory. One of the many happy memories that happened before everything went downhill.

Kairav: dad, why is mum wearing heels on a hike?

Om: according to your mum, it's so she can be a little bit tall. She's still 5 foot 1 with heels on so I don't know why she is even wearing heels.

Gauri: I can hear that!

Om: your mum is a mental woman.

Kanishka: true

Gauri: Om, I will kill you if you call me names in front of the kids.

Om: sorry wifey.

He and the kids chuckled at Gauri. After a little bit, Gauri was slowing down. Om stopped the family from walking so Gauri could catch up with them. Once she reached them, he asked: do you want me to hold Kaila?

Gauri: I want you to carry me instead.

Om: why?

Gauri: my feet hurt. Who's idea was it to go on a hike?

Kabir: finally mum realised that wearing heels was a bad idea.

Kairav: and it was my idea to go on a hike.

Om: really? So I was right all along then?

Gauri: I'm not admitting it and Kairav, I will deal with you later. Om, please just carry me. My feet hurt like hell. I will listen to everything you say from now on. Also I'm really tired and thirsty. Do we have any water?

Om: Kairav, take Kaila. You kids go on ahead and wait for us by the next tree, we'll catch up in a moment.

Kanishka, Kairav and Kabir: okay.

Kairav took Kaila from Gauri's arms before they all continued walking, but Kanishka turned around to see Om making Gauri sit on a massive rock before getting out of a pair of trainers from the backpack he brought. She smiled before turning back to see where she was going.

A little later, the kids were waiting by the first tree they saw on their path for their parents. They saw their parents finally come with Om giving Gauri a piggyback ride. They were both laughing before he put her down and they walked up to the kids.

Kabir: when did mum get trainers?

Om: I brought them because I know your mum well enough to know that she would eventually complain about her heels.

Gauri: you could have brought my nicer ones but I'm not complaining.

Om: Gauri, have you seen your damn shoe collection? Be grateful I at least brought you a pair of trainers.

Gauri: I am, that's why I said that I am not complaining.

Om: good now let's continue walking guys.

Gauri: can you carry me again?

Om: no.

Gauri: Om, pleaseeee.

She pouted at her husband with her big puppy eyes. Om chuckled before pecking her lips.

Kids: ewwww.

Gauri and Om: shut up!

Kanishka: no PDA please. You guys already show enough of that at home.

Kairav: exactly we don't need any more of that in the actual public.

Kabir: no more PDA!

An eight month old Kaila blabbered something in support of her siblings. Gauri and Om just rolled their eyes at their kids, smiling and laughing.

Oh how she missed those days. The days when she and her siblings would be one team against their parents and her parents would be a team against them. The days when her parents would laugh and smile together. The days when she would see her dad taking the extra step to make sure her mum was fine and her mum would do the same for her dad.

"Kanishka?"

Kanishka looked up and saw her teacher by her side.

Teacher: is everything okay Kanishka?

Kanishka nodded, not wanting to say anything.

Teacher: do you need a minute?

Kanishka shook her head. Her teacher asked her if she was sure and Kanishka nodded. Her teacher sighed and went back to the front of the classroom to teach again. Kanishka tried to pay attention once again but her mind kept going back to the good old days before her parents divorced. She thought back to that hiking memory. How her dad would patiently listen to her mum complaining then and now and would wait at times for Gauri's short legs to catch up with them and how he would randomly pick Gauri up during that hike and would make her sit at times so he could massage Gauri's legs. It was cute and it made Kanishka realise that she wanted someone who would give her the princess treatment anywhere and everywhere.

Om got out of the car in the school parking lot. He had got a phone call from the school's principal, and hence he had to go to school to have a conversation with the principal. As he entered the building and was directed by the receptionist to the principal's office, he was allowed inside and when he entered the office, he saw Gauri already there.

Om: what are you doing here?

Gauri: I could ask you the same thing.

Om: I asked first, what are you doing here?

Gauri: principal mam called me here so I came. Why are you here?

Om: she called me too.

Gauri: great...now I have to survive a conversation with you around.

Om: I'm definitely happy about that.

Gauri rolled her eyes at Om's sarcasm as he took a seat. Within a couple of minutes, the principal came with Kanishka.

Kanishka: mum? Dad?

Gauri: Kanishka, is everything okay?

Principal: take a seat Kanishka.

Kanishka sat in between her parents and the principal took her seat too.

Principal: now you are probably wondering why I called you all here today. Kanishka's teachers and I were talking and we thought to discuss a potential idea for Kanishka's wellbeing. We want Kanishka to be apart of this conversation as this is a matter of her own wellbeing and mental health.

Om: we understand. What is this potential idea?

Principal: we want Kanishka to start counselling with our school's counsellor.

Om and Gauri: why?

Principal: if I am not mistaken, you two are divorced right?

Om and Gauri nodded.

Principal: this divorce seemed to have impacted all four of your children in different ways, however we have noticed it's affected Kanishka more to the point it's affecting her studies and mental wellbeing. One of her teachers pointed out that she was crying in their class today.

Kanishka nervously smiled at her parents, who looked at her before looking back at the principal.

Principal: and we noticed that Kanishka tends to dissociate often from her surroundings as some coping method for this divorce. This impacts her studies as she isn't listening when main information is being taught. We also noticed that Kaila tends to get distracted when a teacher is giving an instruction but we are still trying to figure if it's just an age thing or an impact from the divorce. Back to Kanishka....Kanishka doesn't open up to her teachers or her friends. Sometimes Kanishka asks for a minute to breathe and comes back crying.

The principal looked at Kanishka and smiled at her.

Principal: Kanishka, you are a very bright girl and you have such a bright future ahead of you. I just don't want your negative emotions to get in the way of that and it's clear you're struggling to open up hence we are suggesting counselling. Our school counsellor has managed to get a lot of children to open up about their feelings and it's helped them in life and with their studies. We want the same for you Kanishka. So all three of you have a say in this decision for counselling as we don't want to feel that we are forcing it on Kanishka.

Gauri: we understand principal mam. Do we have to make a decision now?

Principal: not at all, we want to at least know by the end of next week. Kanishka?

Kanishka: yes principal mam?

Principal: are you okay to collect Kaila from her nursery class and wait for your parents outside?

Kanishka nodded and got up to do as she was told. Once Kanishka left the room, the principal looked at Om and Gauri.

Principal: Kaila's teacher was telling me that she has heard Kaila talk about 'mummy and daddy fighting'. I want to ask, do you two fight often in front of the children?

Om: then and now. We try not to argue in front of the children.

Principal: thank you for your honesty, I just want to suggest that maybe try not to argue in front of the children. When you fight in front of them, it can scare them and have a lot of impact on them. It can affect future relationships that they may seek romantically and here at Ryan International, our job is to make sure our students leave here knowing how to handle their professional relationships and personal relationships.

Gauri: we understand.

Principal: great. I have another meeting to attend now so I will have to end our meeting here. Please do discuss counselling with Kanishka and email us the decision by next week.

Om and Gauri nodded. They got up and left the office where they saw Kanishka and Kaila waiting for them by the corridor.

Kanishka: voh Kairav and Kabir are waiting by the car dad.

Om: okay, let's go. Bye Gauri.

Gauri: bye.

Kaila: bye mummy!

Gauri: bye Kai Kai.

Kaila: mummy when can we get hot chocolate?

Gauri: tomorrow.

Kaila: pakka promise?

Gauri: pakka promise Kai Kai.

Kaila smiled before walking with her dad outside of school. Kanishka walked with her mum outside the building and looked at her before Gauri was about to go to her car.

Kanishka: sorry.

Gauri: for what?

Kanishka: for earlier.

Gauri: you have nothing to be sorry for meri jaan. I'm sorry actually. I shouldn't be having quick reactions when me and your dad talk.

Kanishka: don't be sorry mum. Can I join you and Kaila tomorrow for hot chocolate too?

Gauri: of course, we can have a cute girls date.

Kanishka: yay thank you.

She hugged her mum before going to Om's car. She waved Gauri bye and Gauri went to her own car.

"Daddy put baby shark on!"

Kaila demanded cutely as Om was driving. Her other siblings groaned.

Kabir: can we put Badshah on instead?

Kabir: yes!

Kairav: no Badshah and no baby shark! I'm in the front so I get to decide the song.

Kaila and Kabir: no!

Kanishka: put Cardi B then.

Kairav: no! I'm putting on Drake.

Kanishka: I will kill you if you put Drake on!

Kairav: okay.

He was about to connect his phone to the car's bluetooth when Om spoke up: no Drake, Badshah, Cardi B, baby shark...I'm putting on Kishore Kumar.

All four kids groaned. Om was about to change the station to his singer choice when his phone rang via the car's bluetooth.

Om: yes mum.

Jhanvi: are the kids with you?

Om: yes.

Jhanvi: are you in the car already?

Om: yes why?

Jhanvi: I need you all to come to the mansion.

Om: why?

Jhanvi: I'll tell you when you come! Okay bye.

Jhanvi cut the call before Om could get a word in. Om sighed. He loved his mother but he did not love how she couldn't just tell him stuff properly on the phone.

Om: guess we're going to Dadi's house.

All four kids: yay!

Om made a right turn to go to his mother's place. He was very well curious to know what his mother wanted this time.

Precap: same as last time

I was going to include the big news and big shock in this chapter but I decided to do it for the next chapter.

Guys please do comment and vote - this is a new concept and I would love to know your honest opinions on the book :) Silent readers - do vote at least if you don't want to comment because I can't read your thoughts to know whether or not you guys like this. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro