Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The bell in the large clock rung loudly as the early hours seeped into the night. Exhausted, I returned to our chambers. Vlad joined me just as I removed my jewellery and placed it onto the dresser. I slowly lifted my eyes to meet his. "Shouldn't you be with your guests?" I asked. 

"Yes, but I wanted to check you were okay," he said and gently took my hands in his. 

"I think you forget I'm only human sometimes," I said. 

"Never," he replied. "I could see you were getting tired, just didn't expect you to leave so quickly." 

"I could no longer support myself, I had to leave before I dropped," I replied and attempted to undo the laces on my corset. 

"Let me help," he insisted. 

"No...I....think..." I said struggling. Vlad said nothing, softly pushed my hair over my shoulder and undid it for me careful not to rip the beautiful dress. I let out a breath as I could breathe again. 

"You can handle the rest?" he asked taking my hand, lifting it to his lips and gently kissed my knuckles. 

"I can yes," I nodded, 

"I will be with you later tonight," he said kissing my cheek and retired back down to the grand hall. After slipping into more comfortable clothes I took to my usual seat in front of the fire reading, but five when the birds were singing I decided it was time to sleep. I gently placed the book down and crawled under the sheets, however, half an hour later Vlad joined me. "Are you asleep yet my love?" He gently brushed a hand against my cheek. 

"No," I whispered back. 

"Couldn't sleep without me huh?" he chuckled. 

"Something like that," I said and propped myself up on my elbow. "I thought you might also a need drink?" 

"No, I had a lot from the virgin that one of my guests bought with him," he said. "I took too much last time, you still need to get your strength back." 

"If my lord insists," I said and turned over with my back to him and he cuddled me into his cold chest. He rested his hand on my chest. 

"Your heart is very strong," he said. 

"Do you ever miss having a heartbeat?" I asked. 

"No, to be honest, it's not something I have thought about," he replied and squeezed me tighter into him. "I don't remember what it is to be human, I have been undead for far too long," he turned onto his back and pulled me into his side. I rested my head on his vacant chest. 

"Do you remember who turned you?" I asked.  He shook his head. 

"No, it was long ago," he said. He stared up at the ceiling, I still expected his chest to rise and fall. "Your calmness still surprises me." 

"Why?" I asked confused. 

"Because any human this close to a vampire is often terrified," he said. 

"I am your partner and your pet, those days of fear have passed," I replied.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro