3. The "Truck"

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I wake up breathing heavily and covered in sweat. I pull the curtains closed so no one can see me from outside the window as I dig through my bags finding an outfit and changing quickly. I push my glasses up my nose before opening the curtains and checking the time on my phone. It’s only 4:30 in the morning but I still got more sleep then usually. I lean against the pillows closing my eyes and putting on some music repressed memories flashing across my mind at lightening speeds. I rub my temples before digging through one of my bags pulling out my anxiety medication and swallowing two of the nasty blue pills. I lean over coughing as one of the pills get stuck in my dry throat. I faceplant into my pillows groaning before a flash of metal catches my eyes. Sitting on the pillow right next to my face are my Dad’s dog tags. I reach up and finger them gently like they might break. These little pieces of metal are the last thing my Dad gave me besides a purpose, though I don’t think he did it on purpose. Help the remaining Autobots. My eyes are stinging as I let a few tears roll down my cheeks before I completely broke down in sobs. Telling Cade my story was bittersweet. It was nice for someone to know but at the same time it brings up old memories that I had blocked outside my walls.

The music turns to Who Knew by Pink and I close my eyes singing the familiar lyrics.

This song is sad but it pertains to my situation so well I can’t help but listen and sing. I pour my soul into the song not noticing the tears stopped.

You took my hand

You showed me how

You promised me you'd be around

Uh huh

That's right

I took your words

And I believed

In everything

You said to me

Yeah huh

That's right

I act fine around others but I’m not. I’m broken and it kills me.

If someone said three years from now

You'd be long gone

I'd stand up and punch them out

Cause they're all wrong

I know better

Cause you said forever

And ever

Who knew

I blame everyone for my fathers death the military, the autobots, Ironhide, myself.

Remember when we were such fools

And so convinced and just too cool

Oh no

No no

I wish I could touch you again

I wish I could still call you friend

I'd give anything

I would like to say I’m getting better over time but that would be a lie. I’m broken and I don’t know if I’m fixable, or even if I want to be.

When someone said count your blessings now

'fore they're long gone

I guess I just didn't know how

I was all wrong

They knew better

Still you said forever

And ever

Who knew

You may think I hate my Mother because I don’t mention her but we we’re just never close.

Yeah yeah

I'll keep you locked in my head

Until we meet again

Until we

Until we meet again

And I won't forget you my friend

What happened

I can barely remember my parents.

If someone said three years from now

You'd be long gone

I'd stand up and punch them out

Cause they're all wrong and

That last kiss

I'll cherish

Until we meet again

And time makes

It harder

I wish I could remember

But I keep

Your memory

You visit me in my sleep

My darling

Who knew

My darling

My darling

Who knew

My darling

I miss you

My darling

Who knew

Who knew

The pain of them being gone is the only thing that helps me remember they were real.

I get out of my truck Who Knew playing on a loop walking towards the barn knowing Cade is probably awake and even if he’s not he won’t mind. The door creaks when I open it but I ignore that slipping inside the barn seeing Cade standing by the truck.

“Did you sleep?” He jumps spinning to face me relaxing when he see’s its only me. “Yo have to see this.” Cade motions me to walk over and I do dodging his little definitive robo dog thing. He shows me the huge ass shells he got from the cab. “Holy shit.” I mutter holding one of the bullets that’s the size of my forearm. “I know right? When I a those it got me thinking, where is the largest battle on US soil with beings who used bullets that big.” I stop breathing altogether eyes widening. “Chicago.” I whisper looking between Cade and the truck. “Tessa, Lucas.” I choke out and Cade’s eyes widen as he runs out of the barn going to get said people. I lean my head against the truck over the grill and close my eyes. “What happened to you?” I back away from the truck when the little group comes inside the barn. Cade explains is theory to them before climbing up onto a ladder where the car battery I used last night sits. “And listen to this.” He holds the jumper cables to the battery and the truck shakes sparks shooting off of it. “Calling all Autobots... Calling all Autobots..” Cade moves the jumper cable and Lucas and Tessa back away from the truck but I’m frozen. “I think we just found a transformer.” I smile looking from Cade the truck. “After all this time.” Tessa and Lucas back towards the door. “Dad!” They both look terrified which makes me roll my eyes. “Theres a number you're supposed to call, and they pay you!” Now they look excited and go to call them. “NO!” I growl and they both freeze sending me a weird look. Cade gets off his ladder and comes over. “Dad we need to call!” Tessa whines keeping a wary eye on the truck. I ignore them and walk over to the truck trying to see if I can see his symbol.

Lucas goes for the side door and the truck slowly transforms transforming his hand into a blaster. I back peddle so I don’t get hit but don’t scream like the others. Lucas gets smacked in the head which makes me laugh. The transformer charges his blaster pointing it at Cade and Tessa. I bolt in between the transformer and my friends glaring definitely. “If you are shooting anybody it’s going to be me!” Tessa screams behind me in fear. I look over my shoulder at the family, Lucas is still groaning on the ground, Cade pulls me back and puts me behind him beside Tessa. “No one is getting shot!” I finger my dog tags as Cade tries to calm the transformer down. Cade, Lucas and Tessa go out into the side overhang thing to talk but I stay behind. “Which are you?” I ask the transformer turning to face him but jumping when I find him really close to me. “What do you mean?” He asks after a moment his voice having an edge to it. “Autobot or Deceptacon?” His lip curls his optics darkening “Does it matter anymore?” He growls glaring at everything really. “It does to me.” I mumble looking at the ground of ashamed I asked. After a moment of silence he answers my question “Autobot.” I smile looking up my brown eyes clashing with his bright optics. “I’m Jordan by the way, Jordan Pierce.” A look of recognition flashes across his face when I mention my last name. “I am Optimus Prime.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Meanwhile ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucas and Tessa glare at Cade after trying to talk him into calling the number seen on the billboards. “You used my money to buy that truck so technically it’s my truck!” Lucas points his finger at Cade who rolls his eyes. “Actually Jodan bought it.” Tessa puts her hands on her hips. “What's up with her anyway?” Cade glares at both of the blondes in front of him. “Her past is a sad but it isn’t my story to tell so don’t ask.” Cades tone tells the pair that they are going to get no where.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Back with Prime and Jordan~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My breath gets caught in my throat. “You're Optimus Prime?” He nods and I shake my head. “Theres something you need to see.” I run out to my truck digging through my bags before I find the flash drive I run back to the barn and hold it up for him to see. “This was my fathers. His name was Shawn Pierce he worked with Ratchet and Ironhide. He died fighting for NEST.” Optimus holds out his hand and I place the drive in the middle of his palm. “He told me to find an Autobot and give it to them. It has all of the tech and inventions they were working on along with something he said was for your eyes only.” I explain and he closes his fist around it. “Thank you Jordan Pierce.” I dip my head smiling slightly.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro