№11|Some Things Science Can't Explain

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

№11|Some Things Science Can't Explain
◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

Medusa stirred in her bed, clutching her pillow tightly as she relished in the dreams of the Whiteclad pack Alpha.

“Say again… please! Just for me~” she cooed, walking her fingers up his chest.

“You’re my luna,” he kissed her lips, “my sexy, ingenious, amazing researcher, Luna.” 

“Mmm, I just love how it rolls off your lips.” Medusa rested her head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. Her snakes hissed happily as Barron ran his fingers through her human/snake hair.

“You know… we should go again, just to seal the marking.” Barron slyly suggested.

Medusa sat up, smirking at him. “Was round one not enough for you? You already marked me, you got what you wanted.”

Barron flipped her over so now she was under him.“Just because I marked you doesn't mean this is some one-and-done situation.” Barron clicked his tongue, shaking his head, “you’re stuck with me for life, Medusa~ you’re all mine.”

Medusa wrapped his arms around his lovingly. “All yours, Barron.”

Medusa shot up in a sweat, gasping slightly. She could still feel the touches of the Barron in her dreams on her.

She shook her head. “No. Control your urges, Medusa!” She grabbed her notebook, going over her notes once more. She opened the book to see on the first page a message from Barron was written.

Go to bed, Medusa. Even amazing geniuses like you need their beauty rest.

Medusa rolled her eyes, chuckling slightly. “Stupid wolf, I don't need to listen to him. I’m not a wolf and he’s not my alpha.”

She turned to the next page to see another message from Barron.

Knowing you wouldn't listen the first time, I wrote on this one too. Now go to sleep, Medusa. Your research will be here in the morning.

Medusa sighed and shut the book. “Damn wolf,” she yawned, slumping back down in her bed, “I don't… need to… listen to… you…” at that final word, Medusa was fast asleep on her bed.

◥✥◤

“Medusa, wake up.” Barron shook Medusa slightly. 

Medusa groaned and sat up, her eyes going why when she saw Barron, “B-Barron!” she blushed, pulling the blankets over her chest, “wh-what are you doing here?!”

“This is a big week in the pack and I thought we could walk around the compound and get you some notes.” Barron helped her out of bed, “but first we should get you some breakfast.”

Medusa yawned and nodded, putting her hair in a messy bun. She grabbed her notebook and recorder and walked out of her room to see all the wolves were acting differently and decorations of Moonflowers lined along the walls and windows.

“Um, Barron, what’s with everyone today?” Medusa questioned.

“Sunday is the Full Moon so everyone is getting ready for the big celebration by decorating, hunting… stuff like that.” Barron explained. “Through the week wolves get pretty horny because of the effecting the full moon has on us.”

“I see…” Medusa muttered, writing all of this down on her notebook, “what about the wolves that aren’t mated?”

“Those wolves don't get affected by the heat that the week leads up to the Full Moon. On the night of mating normally they just hang out with the pups or go hunting.” Barron replied, walking past the omega quarters.

“Yvette!” The omega jumped up slightly when Barron called out her name.

“He-Hello, alpha.” Yvette bowed.

“Yvette, you don't need to bow, or call me Alpha. Barron is fine.” Barron patted her shoulder. “You don't need to work this week, everyone has the week off from their duties.”

“I know, Alpha, it’s just… I need to work to take my mind off of other things.” Yvette said, placing some blankets on the high shelf.

“Other things like Alistair?” Medusa smirked, Yvette blushed.

“Luna!” She held the side of her cheeks, she shook her head, “I-I-I shouldn’t be ha-having thoughts like these!”

“Of what? Him pinning you to the bed, raking your pink hair through his fingers as he pumps into you more and more. Screaming his names to the heavens-”

“Barron!” her cheeks were red as ever, “stop it!”

Barron laughed. “Where is Alistair, anyways?”

“He’s somewhere. Ever since I woke up this morning he hasn’t left my side. I think it’s because of the moon that’s why he’s so protective to me.” Yvette smiled, Alistair scent of eucalyptus and cedarwood filling her senses.

“Yvette!” Alistair entered the room with a smile on his face, “I got you these.” he handed her a small bouquet of Moonflowers.

“Awe, thank you Alistair!” Yvette hugged him tightly. “They’re beautiful.”

“You're beautiful. These are just flowers.” Alistair kissed her lips, taking in her scent of neroli and rose. “Mmm, you smell so good…” he leaned in, “I bet you taste even better~”

Yvette squeaked,  “Alistair! Not in front of the Alpha and Luna.”

“They don't mind, do ya?” Alistair smirked at Barron and Medusa.

“Fine by me.” Barron shrugged. “You two are just expressing your love like any wolf would do.”

“Thanks, Barron, you ready for the first night of hunting?” Alistair felt his wolf getting excited just thinking about getting their soon to be mate a big hunt.

“You know it! Some of the hunters who went out this morning at sunrise said there will be a lot of animals out tonight.” Barron smiled widely.

“Are you hunting, Yvette?” Medusa asked. Yvette nodded.

“Yes. Will you be joining us?” 

“I mean, I can't hunt, but I’ll most likely ride on Barron back while he hunts.” Medusa shrugged.

“I’m sure you’ll enjoy it, Medusa.” Alistair said, placing Yvette on his lap.

“I’m sure she will.” Barron patted her shoulder. The two continued their stroll through the halls of the compound.

“Lawrence, come on, I have work to do.” Ayame laughed as Lawrence kissed her neck. “Didn’t we promise to wait till the night of the mating to mark each other?”

“Yes, but how can I resist your beautiful smell and taste for 6 more days?”

“Awe, I know I’m beautiful,” Ayame boasted, flipping her hair, “it’s just six day. I’m sure we can find something to do in the meantime~” Ayame trailed her fingers down Lawrence’s chest.

“Seems like everyones enjoying the heat.” Barron chuckled, leaning against the doorway, “are you two actually gonna mark each other this year?”

“Yes we are.” Ayame said, smirking at Barron, “what about you and that researcher.”

Barron looked behind him to see Medusa down the hall talking to Chelia. “I’m trying to,” he looked back at Ayame and Lawrence, “but it’s kinda hard not to mark her now.” Barron sighed, shaking his head, “but I’m sure the waiting will be worth it.”

“I’m sure it will be, Barron.” Lawrence patted his shoulder, “she’s perfect for you.”

“Ya think so?”

“Yes,” Lawrence smiled at Medusa, “who would’ve guessed you’d find your mate in some alley in the fleshie town. How’d you end up there anyways?”

Barron shivered slightly, shaking his head, “It’s not important. What’s important now is me trying to restrain myself and the wolf for 6 days.” he groaned.

“It’s just like you said, I’m sure she’ll be worth the wait.” Ayame smiled, hugging Lawrence from behind.

Barron nodded and walked towards Medusa.

“Shh, shh, shut up he’s coming.” Medusa hushed as Barron approached her.

“What were you two talking about?” Barron asked sweetly.

“Nothing!” Medusa practically shouted.

Montego groaned, shifting in his head. “Luna… you're too loud.”

“Sorry, Montego.” Medusa whispered. She turned towards Chelia, “what’s up with him?”

“Montego thought it would be a great idea to do shots with Benedict yesterday to comerderate the first day of heat.” Chelia whipped her head towards him, her hands on her hips. “How many shots did you do Montego? Hmm?”

Her mumbled incoherently.

“What was that?”

“Seventeen…”

“Come again.”

“17!”

“Seventeen shots with Benedict. He won, didn’t he?” Barron laughed. Montego nodded.

“I got knocked out after 17, while he knocked out after 22. Chelia and Liliana found us in the bar and brought us back to our rooms,” Montego groaned, sitting up, he hissed at the sun, “stupid sun… why is it so bright?”

“It’s 10AM hun,” Chelia giggled, “what did you expect?”

“I expected to not be interrupted by Medusa and Barron and sleep with you until noon but apparently that won't happen…” Montego muttered, Chelia slapped his arm playfully.

“You can't possibly have me stay in bed all day. I have a shopping date, remember?” Chelia chuckled.

“Shopping for what?” Medusa questioned.

“Me and some of the girls are gonna go shopping for dresses for the festival on Sunday. Do you want to join us?”

“I would love to go shopping with you, but what is this festival? I thought Sunday was just about you wolves mating all over the place?” Medusa asked, laughing slightly.

“Through the week we have little activities leading up to the Full Moon Festival on Sunday. On Sunday we have the payer, the dance, the hunt, and finally the mating.”

“Wait, what?” Medusa was confused, “wolves pray? Dance? Huh?”

“You’ll see on Sunday, Medusa.” Barron ruffled her hair. “You’re gonna love it.”

“I’m sure I will,” Medusa smiled widely up at Barron.

◥✥◤

Medusa scanned through the dresses in the mall, nothing seemed to spark her interest.

“I’m telling you, Vaness, you’ll look beautiful in red! Malakai will flip when you see this.” Chelia held up the dark red high low floral lace dress to Vanessa’s body.

“I don't know, Chelia. It’s pretty expensive.” Vanessa’s voice was weary.

“Oh,” Medusa brought out a sleek black card, “Barron gave me this, he said to use it to buy the dress, his treat.”

A sly smirk came across Ayame’s face as she snatched the card. “Well that changes everything!”

“Don't tell me we’re spending the alpha’s card.” Yvette sighed, shaking her head, “I don't think we should get the alpha’s money.”

“Easy on the A-word, Yvette,” Dr. Lycia leaned in, “were in Fleshie Town, the humans will have our heads if they find out some of us are wolves or are in relations with them.”

“That is true…” Yvette muttered, “sorry.”

“It’s alright, Yvette.” Medusa pulled out an elegant sweet pink shoulder split, long sleeve, maxi dress, “this will look beautiful on you!”

“Pink?” Yvette looked in the mirror, “I guess it does look cute.”

“Yeah, it gives you a whole innocent vibe.” Ayame pinched her cheeks, “you’re so cute, innocent, and sweet, no wonder my brother loves you!”

“Ayame!” Yvette blushed madly, her cheeks slowly flushing red.

“Are you excited for the full moon?” Dr. Lycia asked the group.

“I can't wait! Montego said he’s gonna make our re-marking so special since it’s also our anniversary.” Chelia spun around, holding a beautiful light blue off-the-shoulder lace appliqued high-low homecoming dress with short sleeve lace and organza short sleeves. “It’s gonna be the best night ever!”

“Well, you all have fun, I’ll be spending the night with my computer and a set of noise canceling headphones.” Medusa chuckled, pulling out a strappy cross back orange maxi dress. “Oh, Ayame this would look good on you!”

Ayame held it up in the mirror and smiled, “I always look good in orange,” she turned back towards Medusa, “so~ you're just gonna spend all Sunday typing up your notes?”

“Yep, just like I always do.” Medusa replied, scanning through the dresses.

“You do know Barron is affected by the heat too, right Medusa?” Vanessa said, Medusa stopped her movements, her cheeks turning red.

“I-Is that so… huh… well I’m sure the girl he mates with will be hella lucky.”

“Medusa,” Chelia rolled her eyes, “don't play dumb! We all know Barron has eyes for you!”

“He does not.” Medusa scoffed, trying to hide her blush, “I mean sure, maybe he is a really nice guy and clearly, very… well physically sculpted…. it’s almost like he chiseled his body or something…” Medusa began to feel her whole body heat up, “but even if I did like him, he would never like me.”

“Don't be too sure about that, Medusa.” Dr. Lycia smirked, selecting a lined, purple lace covered crop top with embellished choker, center front keyhole, and back zip closure. The lined maxi skirt is made of layers of sheer fabric with ribbon trim on all the hems, a rear zip closure, and an embellished, sparkly waistband. “The Full Moon can reveal a lot of hidden passions.”

“There aren't any hidden passions between me and Barron!” Medusa scolded in a huff.

Chelia rolled her eyes once again. “Oh sure. She may say that now, but wait till Sunday. She’ll be moaning his name all across the compound.”

“Chelia!” Medusa’s cheeks were ever more red that ever. “How could you be so crass! I don't like Barron in that way…”

“Liessss…” her snakes hissed.

“See! Even your snakes know you're lying!” Vanessa laughed. “Come on, Medusa, I know you got the hots for my brother~” she pulled out a beautiful cocktail length dress with a lace scallop v-neck style featuring lace sheer long sleeves and layered flared skirt, “oooh! White is so your color!”

“I guess it is…” Medusa looked into the mirror, her fingers running along the necklace Barron gave, “I wonder how much he paid for this…”

“Medusa, you don't know about the necklace, do you?” Ayame questioned, Medusa shook her head.

“That’s his mother’s necklace. It was designed specifically for Luna, like yourself-” Vanessa began.

“Don't call me that,” Medusa cringed slightly, “I don't like being called Luna. I’m not a female alpha.”

“But that’s the thing, Medusa, you are a Luna! Here, I’ll show you,” Ayame took off Medusa’s neck and placed it on herself, “see how it doesn’t glow?”

“Okay, so.” Medusa shrugged. Ayame placed it back on Medusa, watching it glow.

“See! It only glows when Luna wears it.” Ayame explained.

“No, it glows because of batteries.” Medusa clarified.

“Try finding the batteries.” Dr. Lycia said, smirking slyly.

Medusa turned the necklace around to see it was the same as the front, but a silhouette. ”That’s weird.” Medusa tapped on it slightly. “This is not scientifically possible! How the hell is this thing glowing without batteries?! Things need power, like batteries, to work! If a necklace were to glow it’d be because of batteries not because I’m some Luna!”

“Medusa, shh!” Yvette placed her hand over Medusa’s mouth. She noticed the ladies behind the cash register looking at them strangely.

“Is everything alright?” the lady asked, Medusa and Yvette nodded.

“Right as rain, miss. She’s just so excited about this dress! Haha… yeah.” Yvette laughed awkwardly. “I’ll go pay for the dresses, let’s leave before they get even more suspicious.”

As the girls walked home, Medusa kept examining the necklace. “This doesn't make sense! It just doesn't! Science tells us that for things like necklaces to glow they need to use an outside energy source like batteries. Another way that when excited atoms return to their normal energy levels, after being exposed to light or other energy sources, they emit tiny packets of light called photons, which make the object glow.”

“What?” Chelia was confused.

“Basically, things need power to glow!” Medusa simplified.

“Honey,” Vanessa patted her shoulder, “it has a power source, but it isn't batteries.”

“Then what’s the power source?”

“If I tell you then that ruins the surprise.” Vanessa winked, she smirked, “but some things, science can't explain.”

“Science can explain everything, Vanessa.” Medusa rolled her eyes, looking down at the necklace with uncertainty. “Right?”

~A/N~

Hello!!! GUESS WHAT! WE'RE AT 408 READS!!! HOLY SHIT!! I've never seen my books skyrocket in reads so quickly!!!

Anyways! I'm glad I finally get to publish this chapter!! I can't wait till we get to chapters 13 and 14 oh and 12 is good too!!

Honestly Medusa and Barron are they cutest couple in this book! Alongside all the other ones, they're all so cute I can't choose!

Till Friday, my lovely readers! Stay safe!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro