№19|Werewolf Court

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

№19|Werewolf Court
◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

Barron watched in dread as the sun began to set. It was only a matter of time before Werewolf Court would begin.

Barron had been in many, many, werewolf courts before, but this time was different.

Something about this one court session made Barron anxious. It seemed too... perfect.

Why would Kirkland take them all on his own?

Was there something he didn't know?

The questions were racking his brain. He sighed and rubbed his temple. Walking over to the mini bar he looked up at the family portrait.

He softly placed the glass down on his desk. “So what did you think of Medusa?” He asked the painting above him.

He sighed, shaking his head. He knew they couldn't answer.

She's really sweet. His mother's voice made Barron freeze.

He slowly turned around to see his parents standing in spirit form. His mother's smiling face brightened up the room while his father’s laughter filled his heart with cheer.

“Hey champ.” Ulysses tried to ruffle his hair, but it went right through him. “So, a researcher? I didn’t think that’s who the Moon Goddess would set you up with, but she’s great nonetheless.”

“How are you here?” Barron was starstruck. He hadn’t seen his parents in so long.

Before his mother could answer, Barron rushed swiftly and opened the door, shouting; “Medusa! Come here! You gotta see this!”

Medusa walked into the room, a questionable look on her face. “What’s wrong?” She asked.

“Look! They’re here!” Barron pointed to his parents. “You can finally meet them!”

All Medusa saw was an empty room. She sighed, shaking her head. “No, honey. There’s nobody there.” She rested a hand on his bicep. “I think your nerves are getting to you.”

Barron shook his head rapidly. “No, it’s not!” He walked over to his mom. “Can't you see her, Medus?”

“No,” Medusa held his hand, “but if you say they’re there, then I trust you.” She smiled at the desk. “Hello, Missus Whiteclad. Pleasure to meet you.”

“She’s talking to a desk.” Enyo sweatdropped.

“She’s over here.” Barron turned Medusa around to face Enyo.

“Hi, hun.” Enyo giggled, waving at Medusa.

“She says hi.” Barron reiterated. Medusa waved back. She found it weird that she couldn’t see her.

“She’s perfect for you,” Enyo sighed in delight. She was happy knowing that her son finally found his mate. “A smart and strong girl. A perfect luna.”

“You think so, mom?” Barron chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Sure!” Ulysses tilted his head at Medusa. “Your auras are in line and not to mention her smell of peppermint and cypress smells good.”

Enyo growled at Ulysses. “Are you saying my smell isn’t good enough?”

“N-No!” Ulysses shivered. “Your smell of cherries and vanilla is a wonder, Enyo!” 

“That’s what I thought.” Enyo glared at him, but soon it faded away into a smile. “You’re addicted to my smell aren’t you, Ulysses.” She cooed, crooking her finger up under his chin.

“You know I am.” Ulysses purred. Enyo planted a small kiss on the former alpha’s lips.

“Mom… dad.. Can you not?” Barron groaned.

“Oh shush, we’re in love.” Ulysses smiled, pointing at Medusa. “And so are you, it seems.”

“How come only I can see you?” Barron questioned.

“Cause we’re a figment of your imagination. Not Medusa’s. Your mind wanted us here.” Enyo’s hands levitated over his cheek. She was careful not to touch him because she knew she’d go through him.

“Why, though…?”

“I think it’s because you're nervous, son.” His father replied. “There’s no reason to be, though.”

He looked at Medusa, who was reading over her notes. His father nodded slightly. “You’re scared you might lose her?”

“Yeah,” Barron raked his fingers through his hair, “she won’t want to be with an alpha who lost to a beta.”

“Don’t be stupid, Barron,” She looked up from her notes to gaze into his eyes. “Win or lose, I’m still your mate.” She kissed his cheek. “No court can change that.”

◥✥◤

As the sun set over the compound, all the wolves in the Whiteclad Pack gathered around in the courtyard to witness the Werewolf Court session.

Yvette had a newfound confidence flowing through her veins, which excited her wolf greatly. She tied her pink and black hair up in a ponytail and wrapped her fists in tape.

“You seem pumped.” Alistair chuckled, lacing up his boots. “I would’ve thought you’d be shaking in a corner.”

“I’ve been waiting to punish this punk since the day he raped me.” She pounded her fist in her hand. “He’ll pay for all he’s done to me... to us… no... to the pack.”

“I’m sure he will, honey.” Alistair kissed her cheek. Yvette blushed.

“Ali-Alistair!” Yvette looked away from her mate.

Alistair chuckled. “You’re cute when you're tough and when you're nervous.”

Meanwhile, Medusa pouted, looking at the ground. “I don’t want to just watch… I wanna fight.”

“Honey,” Barron sighed, kissing her nose, “I need you not to be stubborn today. I know you want to fight but only wolves can. Plus, I don’t want to put you in danger.”

“You never let me do anything fun…” Medusa folded her arms over her chest, huffing as she glared at the ground.

“This is only for your safety, Medusa.” Barron chuckled. He looked down at her necklace to see it glow. “You know there’s another reason why that glows.”

“So it’s not because I’m a Luna?” Medusa tilted her head.

“Yes and no,” Barron shook his head, smiling, “it glows when you're in love with the person who put it on you. Also because you're a Luna.”

Medusa giggled, wrapping her arms around Barron’s neck. “Don’t die…” He rested her forehead on his. “You’re coming back to me, okay? You’re my alpha, got it?”

“She’s so protective.” Wolfie nodded in approval. “Our mate learns fast.”

“I’m your alpha, Medusa.” He placed a quick kiss on her lips. “Only yours.”

“You best not forget that.” Medusa pulled him down by his collar, giving him a sly smirk, “or else I’ll have to punish you.”

“Punish me?” His voice was hinted  with curisority.

“Yep,” she leaned in and whispered, “you better win or there’s gonna be some swift punishment coming your way~”

“I’ll be sure to win, Luna.” Barron could feel the dominance radiating off of him.

Medusa smirked as she let go of his collar. “You should let me be more dominant when we're in bed.”

“I’ll take that into consideration.” Barron chuckled.

Medusa glared at him, pulling him back down. “You will do as your Luna says. You want to keep me happy, don't you Barron?”

“Y-Yes.”

“Then you’ll do as I say.” Venom laced her words.

“Y-yes, Lun-Luna.”

“Perfect.” She smiled sweetly, letting go of his collar once again. “I’ll be cheering for you out there, Barron.” With a final kiss, she walked over to Chelia and Malakai who sat on a blanket in the viewing section.

“Alpha.” Montego’s voice made Barron turn towards him. “He’s on his way…” He sniffed the air. “And he brought some friends…” He gasped slightly, his face turning pale. “Witches…”

“Right you are, wolfie.” One witch giggled, appearing next to Malakai.

She had bijou toned, honey golden, skin and beautiful white hair that was tied up in two buns. Her eyes gleamed a stormy blue color as electricity crackled in her hands. She wore a simple black cloak with a rose symbol on the left breast pocket.

“Where’s Kirkland?” Barron growled, wanting to get this over with as soon as possible.

“You mean the male servant?” another witch questioned, taking off her hood to reveal her long midnight blue hair and warm brown sugar skin. She had sparking midnight blue eyes that fumed with power and dominance.

The white haired witch laughed. “Sienna, he’s not a servant - that wolf is meer trash.”

“That is true, Cynthia.” Sienna cackled. She turned to the witch beside her, nudging her with her shoulder. “Come on, Kalypso. Smile! We finally reached our goal!”

“Yeah… I guess…” Kalypso muttered, her amber orange eyes coated in sadness. She had shoulder length sunset orange hair and beautiful rich warm coco skin.

Sienna shrugged and focused her attention on the alpha who was snarling at her. “Can it, wolfie! Where is she?”

“Who?” Vanessa questioned.

“The Eye holder!” Cynthia scolded.

“I have a name!” Medusa shouted, making herself be known.

Sienna snapped her fingers, teleporting to her side. She stroked Medusa’s cheek. “Look at that… all that power you hold inside of you, and you don’t even know it.”

Medusa punched her square in the nose. “Don't you touch me! You’re the voice that’s been giving me headaches for months!!”

“It’s not my fault you wouldn’t listen.” Sienna scoffed, teleporting back to her fellow witches.

Kirkland walked to the front, causing Barron to growl. “What happened to you kicking all our asses on your own, Kirkland?”

“I’m just following orders, Barron. I’m working for the greater good...” Kirkland shot back, Medusa noticed the restraint in the beta’s eyes.

“With witches who are trying to kill our Luna?” Yvette hissed. “That doesn't sound like the greater good to me!”

“I don’t give one flying hoot about the Luna!” Kirkland scrunched up his fists. “I just want this pack to burn to the ground!”

“And it will Kirkland.” Cynthia rubbed his shoulder, poking him with a needle and injecting him with a serum.

His eyes glowed a deep orange color, and his claws dug into his palms.

“Kirkland, what must you do?”

“Kill…”

“Good boy.” Cynthia ruffled his hair.

Barron turned towards Medusa. “I need you to stay with Orion. No matter what. Even if I tell him that… that he has to take you somewhere else.”

Medusa began to tear up. Barron took her in her arms. “Hey. Baby. It’s alright. You’re gonna be safe with Orion. He’s the best in the business.”

Medusa shook her head. “N-no! I’m sta-staying here to fight! This isn’t court anymore! This is a battle!”

“A battle we’re fighting for you! Medusa,” he cupped her face, “please listen to me… I want you to be safe.”

“But you know I can fight alongside you! Please! Let me help!” Medusa pleaded.

“Medusa,” Malakai’s voice broke through, “just listen to Barron. He knows what best!”

“Malakai…” Medusa muttered.

“We’ve known each other since we were kids, Medusa, and I know you’re stubborn as hell, but now is not the time!” Malakai scolded, glaring at her. “Remember what I told you earlier? About being saved.”

“That it was okay…”

“Yeah,” Malakai nodded, clutching her shoulder, “now trust Barron and let us keep you safe, Luna.”

Medusa nodded and gave Barron one final hug before getting on Orion’s back. Barron turned towards the sabel toned wolf. “Take care of my mate.”

Orion nodded, “take care of Celaneo.” 

Barron nodded back as Orion turned and started running into the woods with Medusa.

Sienna turned towards Kalypso and the two witches standing behind her. “Get them!” She ordered, pointing in the direction Orion and Medusa disappeared.

“Now!” Barron yelled. Suddenly Vanessa attacked Sienna, kicking her with her leg. The impact sent Sienna flying. She managed to land, and ordered the witches to take hold of Vanessa.

“Take her away!” Sienna shouted, standing up from her landing position. Several witches attacked her at once, pinning her down.

“Let her go!” Malakai ran forward, him and Sienna meeting each other mid-air. Sienna’s hand was suddenly coated in fire, and she punched Malakai in the gut, sending him into a tree.

The pack watched in horror as the fireball seared through Malakai’s side. 

“Malakai!!” Vanessa shrieked, tears streaming down her face as she broke out of the witch's arms and raced towards Malakai’s side.

“Hey, Malakai, wake up.” She shook him violently. “Come on… you have to wake up!”

Malakai coughed up blood, “I’ll be… okay…” he held his side and stood up.

“Sit down.” Vanessa ordered, pushing him back down. “Don’t worry, you don't have to be strong,” she winked at him, “that’s what I’m here for.”

Vanessa walked over to Barron’s side, nodding at her brother. “Attack!!” Barron shouted again as the entire pack launched into an attack. Chaos broke out with both sides undergoing deaths. Chelia tried to use her magic to help shield Montego from Cynthia’s power.

“Don’t you touch my wolf, you bitch!” Chelia cursed shooting a witch back with a stream of water from her wand.

Cynthia smirked. “A little fairy? How cute!” Cynthia’s hands coated in lighting, sending a ray of it towards Chelia.

In a flash, Montego jumped in front of Chelia, the blast shocking his body to the core. The tawny golden wolf fell to the ground, his body twitching and shaking.

“Montego!” Chelia tried to touch the wolf but streams of electricity surrounded his body in a tight bond.

“Let him go!” Chelia began to shoot a furry of magic from her wand at Cynthia. Cynthia attempted to block but was outsmarted by the fairy and was pushed into the ground with a swift kick in the gut from her foot.

Chelia scowled at the witch under her foot. “So fuck with a fairy, bitch!”

◥✥◤

As Orion ran through the woods with Medusa, Kalypso and two other witches caught up to them.

“Orion! Orion! Watch out!”

Just then, one of the witches jumped onto Orion from above, but Orion managed to kill it by snapping his razor sharp teeth on her neck. He pulled the witch’s head clean off and continued to run at top speed.

Frequently, Medusa looked back to see the two witches still chasing them. She patted Orion’s back. “Faster! They’re gaining on us!”

“I’m going as fast as I can, Luna!” Orion shouted back.

Medusa looked back at the witches to see a purple energy ball firing towards them. Medusa closed her eyes shut, waiting for the impact… but it never came.

She opened her eyes to see Kalypso blocking the attack, sending it back to the witch. Orion stopped in his tracks, snarling at Kalypso.

“Don't worry…” Kalypso backed up slightly, “I don't want to hurt your Luna. I wanna help.”

Orion’s growl began to soften, he sniffed Kalypso, the smell of blueberries and cream. Not better than Celaneo’s… but it’s okay. He nodded up at Medusa. “She’s good.”

“How are you gonna help?” Medusa questioned.

“By getting you away from your house.” She looked back at Orion. “That is where you were going to take her, correct?”

“Yes…”

“Don't.” Kalypso shook her head. “There are witches set waiting to attack you as soon as you get there. Follow me.” Kalypso led them through the forest, soon reaching a small cabin.

Kalypso unlocked the front door, allowing Medusa and Orion to enter. The house was equipped with an average kitchen and two modern bathrooms, it also had a large living room, five bedrooms, a spacious dining area, and a snug garage.

“Why did you save us?” Medusa asked, sitting on the couch.

“I didn’t like what my sister in arms were doing to wolf packs… it started off with us gaining awareness for witches, but soon turned into vengeance and hatred…” Kalypso clutched her cloak.

“When they found out my best friend was a wolf they killed him… chopped his head clean off.” Kalypso sniffed, tears staining her cloak. “They didn’t even give us a chance to say goodbye…”

Medusa rubbed her shoulder. “I’m so sorry…”

Orion whispered a little prayer for the fallen wolf. It always saddened him to hear stories of wolves getting slaughtered.

“I can’t see that happen to another wolf pack!” Kalypso sprouted from her seat. “I won't let that happen again! The Black Rose Society won’t get away with this! I promise you that!”

Back at the battle, Dr. Lycia used her power to create a chasm in the earth, which killed many of the witches nearby, and nearly took Kwame and Barron down with them. Luckily they manage to escape, killing one of the witches in the process.

Ayame attacked Cynthia and Lawrence helped by shielding her. Ayame threw Cynthia into Lawrence in his wolf form, and he snapped his jaws around her throat, snapping her neck.

Barron pounced on Sienna, snarling down at the witch as drool dripped down from his razor sharp teeth. “You’re all alone Sienna…” his voice grew dark and deep. “Whatcha gonna do now, huh?”

The pack circled around Sienna. “You can’t call on your buddies… they’re all dead!”

Sienna fumbled for a magic spell, but Dr. Lycia’s magic blocked her powers. “No magic, hun~” She smiled.

“You wolves are all a bunch of animals! None of you deserve to be here!” Sienna scolded, watching as the alpha advanced on her.

“The moment you came after my Luna was the moment you signed your own death warrant.” Barron’s eyes flashed a deep blue. “Nobody messes with my Luna and gets away with it!”

With that, Barron leaped into the air, his teeth latching onto Sienna’s shoulder, driving her into the ground. His teeth ragged along her skin, ripping it to shreds as Sienna’s screams for mercy echoed through the forest.

The pack watched in horror, yet honor, as their alpha demolished the witch until she was no longer recognizable. Barron heaved heavily, looking down to see the destruction he caused. A sense of pride washed over him.

His pride was short-lived when he realized Kirkland was not accounted for. He quickly looked around for the beta.

Declan hobbled out onto the courtyard, using a cane to walk. He shook his heat, patting Barron’s back. “Leave him. He’s a rogue now… that’s worse than death.”

Barron looked up at the shimmering moon surrounded by thousands of stars. He smiled softly, knowing his parents were staring back and watching him with proud smiles.

I’m happy… I made… you proud, mom and dad…

~A/N~

AND THATS A WRAP ON ARC ONE!!! YAY!!! I'm so glad that we finally got to the end of arc one and I can't wait to start arc two cause it's gonna be even better!!

Big props to everyone who is reading cause none of this could be possible without u!!

In all honesty, what did u think of this arc? I was honestly a little worried you wouldn't like it but I hope u do.

Arc two is gonna have a lot of new characters and a whole lot of new research for Medusa!

If u thought this arc had a lot of twist and turns, wait till next arc! Oh man it's gonna be amazing!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro