№57|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 1)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

№57|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 1)
◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

“Wakey, wakey.” Irvam cooed over the monitor, prompting Barron to slowly open his eyes.

They soon widened to see him and his friends were suspended above a large glowing pool. “Where the hell are we?” Barron questioned, struggling to escape the binds that tied him to his chair.

“This is a very special room, my little wolves.” Irvam’s usual playful smirk appeared on his lips. “This is what I like to call, The Memory Pool.”

“The what?” Vanessa asked.

“This pool is specially designed to make all of you relive the worst moments of your lives.” Balio informed them. “I, myself, know I’ll be the star of Malakai’s memory pool trip. Ain't that right, Malakai?”

“You sick son of a bitch, get us out of here!” Malakai scolded, glaring at the warlock in the viewing box.

“Yeah… no.” Xavier snickered, prompting a growl from Lawrence. “See, you don't understand how long we’ve waited to see all of you suffer.”

“If you wanted to see suffering why don’t you just take a look at my childhood, Xavier. You sure fucked that up for me.” Lawrence snapped.

“Regardless of who fucked up whose lives,” Zedian cut in, smirking at Kirkland, “what matters now is that you’re gonna get what you deserve.”

Kirkland clenched his restraints. “You’re lucky I haven’t killed you yet.”

“Oh? Little weakling thinks he can kill me? How cute!” Zedian rolled his eyes. “Get real, Kirkland. You’ve always been weak. Why do you think you were never alpha?”

Kirkland grew silent, looking away from the former alpha.

“That shut him up real quick, huh?” Bryce chuckled, his eyes landing on Kalypso as fear filled her eyes. “Honey, if you think the coven was bad, it’s nothing like what you’re about to experience.”

“How could you ever be her best friend? Hell, how could you be anyone’s friend?” Rufus glared up at the wolf.

“That was the old Bryce… the one that got his head chopped off by a bunch of witches,” Byrce’s glare shifted towards Kalypso, “no thanks to you, Kali.”

Kalypso whimpered slightly, looking down. Byrce smirked, noticing the mark on her neck. “Oh, so the little dragon finally manned up and marked you? Then again, having a mark is nothing new to you, now is it?”

“What is he talking about?” Rufus whispered towards his mate.

“Rufus, you didn’t think you were the first one to mark her… did you?” Byrce’s smirk only grew.

“You told me you never mated with him.” Rufus' anger began to bubble.

“I didn’t want to tell you because I know you would react like this…” Kalypso muttered, clenching her fist. “Thanks, Bryce.”

“Anytime, Kalypso.” Byrce winked.

“This could’ve all been avoided if you just turned over the packs, and Medusa’s research. You would’ve gotten your parents back, but I guess that can’t happen now.” Irvam shrugged. “I’m sure they'll love the torture prision I’m sending them to in Ardglass.”

“You’re sending them to Brimstone?” Barron's eyes went wide. Brimstone Max Prison was where officials in Ardglass sent wolves who were caught inside their walls. Barron knew a lot of wolves locked up, and some who lost their lives, inside of Brimstone.

The very thought of his parents being sent there shook him to his core.

“Look at that.” Irvam basked in the fear radiating off the alpha. “The alpha’s scared. Never ever thought I’d live to see the day.”

Vanessa turned towards her brother. “Hey,” she tried her best to reach her tied hands towards him, “don't let him get to you. Our parents are strong. Not even Irvam and Brimstone can take them down.”

“I wouldn’t be too sure about that.” Irvam tapped some buttons on the minitor, a screen showing Barron’s parents as they entered Brimstone.

Muzzles covered the former alpha couples’ faces as they were harshly pushed out of the truck.

Enyo fell to the ground and attempted to get up, but was  just pushed deeper into the ground by the warden. Ulysses tried to fight through the guards’ hold on him, but it was no use. A shock to the neck sent him crashing down beside his mate.

“You have no idea how long I’ve waited for you to be here.” The warden snickered, digging his heel into Enyo’s back.

“Looks like they’re gonna have bundles of fun!” Irvam laughed, his laughter soon dying down when a dark aura surrounded the room.

Barron squinted up at the viewing gallery as the dark aura stood menacingly behind Irvam. The dragon shuddered as the sound of rattling snakes echoed throughout the room.

“Where… is… Barron?” The flatlined voice of Medusa questioned, digging her nails into Irvam’s shoulders.

“Th-That’s Medusa?” Montego’s mouth was left slightly agape in shock.

Barron couldn’t believe what he was seeing. He knew Medusa was not one to mess with, but he’d never seen her like this.

“Take a look.” Irvam replied, soon getting slammed against the glass when Medusa laid eyes on her pack’s dilemma.

“What did you do to them?!” Medusa's voice boomed throughout the room, making the water ripple.

“Nothing… yet.” Irvam’s hand slammed down on the red button, sending the pack deep into the Memory Pool.

Medusa locked desperate eyes with Barron as he sunk deep into the water. “Barron!!” She called out for her lover, pain and anger laced in her voice.

“You monster!” Medusa repeatedly slammed Irvam’s head against the wall, sending a stone shot towards Byrce when the wolf attempted to jump her. “Bring them back up!!”

“No can do…” Irvam croaked from under Medusa’s hard grip. “Your research did this…”

“I did this?!” Medusa ripped him from the glass, throwing him into Zedian. “You did this to them! You’re the one who kidnapped them in the middle of the night!”

“Not only that…” Irvam pointed towards the pool. “What do you think is powering that pool?”

Medusa rushed towards the glass, noticing her notebook tied the pool. She stumbled back slightly. “No…” She shook her head. “Those notes are for the wellbeing of all wolves…” Medusa began to question her own words. Are they though? Her head shaking began to quicken.

Medusa clenched the side of her head, a pounding headache blazing through her head. “N-No…! I did this… for good! I didn’t do this… to them!” Falling to her knees, tears streamed down her face at the thought of potentially being the reason why her friends were hurting.

The pain in her skull grew, prompting a banshee shriek from within. “I didn’t want to hurt anyone…” She pounded her clenched fist on the floor as her tears stained the carpet.

“But you did.” Irvam stood above her, glaring down at the researcher. “You’re the reason why he’s suffering right now.”

Her snakes hissed at the dragon, rattling violently and sending a warning as he reached out to her.

“Bind her.” Irvam demanded, snapping his fingers. Quickly, Xavier tied Medusa up in ropes, holding her in place.

“You did this to them, and now,” Irvam held out his hand as Bryce handed him a jar of the freezing Memory Pool water over Medusa, “you’ll experience it too.”

As the cold water splashed down on Medusa’s being, her eyes faded to black as her screaming escalated.

“Irvam.” Xavier cut in, gaining the dragon’s attention. “What does the memory pool do to people?”

“With the help of the Knowledge of Vanguard’s power, the Memory Pool will either replay painful memories of the past, or fabricate a person’s worst fear, causing it to play on repeat till we pull them up.”

“Irvam.” Xavier snickered, patting Irvam’s shoulder. “You evil genius.”

◥✥◤

Medusa opened her eyes, gazing upon the scene as she fell down an endless tunnel of memories. It was so quiet… so peaceful… a part of her knew this was the Memory Pool’s work, but she felt so serene.

She slowly felt her eyes close, soon shooting them open when she felt Barron’s touch. A soft smile grace his lips. She quickly pulled him into a tight embrace, the two spinning through the zero gravity tunnel.

Barron buried his face into the top of her head, inhaling her lavender and lime scent. “I thought they did something to you… I couldn’t lose you, Medusa.”

“Don't worry.” Medusa smiled into his chest. “You’ll never lose me.”

“What is this place?” Barron questioned, looking around to see his own memories beside Medusa’s.

“The Memory Pool…” Medusa replied, her eyes widening as a whirlpool began opening up underneath them. She gazed into Barron’s eyes, tightly winding her fingers with his. “No matter what we see… we’re in this together, okay?”

Barron nodded, kissing her hand. “Together.”

With that, the whirlpool sucked in both Barron and Medusa, the two ready to face whatever memory the pool threw at them.

As the whirlpool sucked them in, it began to play memories from Medusa’s past, ones she’d love to forget.

It was the first day of college at University of Ardglass. Medusa and her parents stood at the entrance, there to send her off.

“Are you sure you have everything you need?” Olga asked for the hundredth time.

“Yes, mom.” Medusa chuckled, nodding at her mother. “I’ll be alright… it’s just university.”

“I know, it’s just… what you’re studying…” Graham’s voice weaned off.

“There’s a lot of people in my Mythical Biology class.” Medusa shrugged.

“Yes, but you’re the only one studying Wereology.” Olga reminded her.

“And I’ve accepted that.” Medusa stated. “Nobody has the courage to study Wereology. Nobody has the courage to tell the stories of these werewolves. I’m not scared… there’s so much to be learned from werewolves.”

“Of course there’s a lot to be learned from them, but once you go down this road, there’s no going back. You know how Ardglass is when it comes to wolves.” Graham warned her. “We don't mind you studying wolves, but you’re gonna get a lot of beef from everyone else.”

“I don't care.” Medusa looked down at her notebook. “I don't know what it is about wolves, but there’s something about them that’s so intriguing … something about them makes we want to learn all about them.”

Olga and Graham both knew what it was, however that was something she needed to find out herself.

Olga noticed the notebook her daughter clenched tightly to her chest. “Remember what I told you when I gave you that?”

Medusa smiled, nodding at her mother. “You wanted me to write down all the things I saw… to take pride in the things I study.”

“Exactly. We support you studying Wereology, however, others won't. But that doesn't matter. What matters is if you have pride in studying these wolves.” Olga stroked her cheek. “This is your research. Not anyone else's. Don't forget that.”

“I don't get it… what’s so bad about this?” Barron asked, turning towards his mate.

“You’ll see.” Medusa replied, worry filling her eyes.

“I’m Professor Pulkin, and this is Mythical Biology 101.” The professor introduced, scanning the students in the room.

His eyes locked onto Medusa‘s, sending her a slight smile. Being polite, she sent a smile back.

“Let’s start off with a simple question.” Pulkin turned towards the board, writing down the question. “What is Mythological Biology?”

Quickly, Medusa’s hand shot up. Pulkin pointed towards her. “You with the interesting hair.”

“Thanks, and it’s Medusa Demgorgean.” Medusa introduced, lowering her hand. “Mythical Biology is the study of mythical creatures and their lifestyle.”

“Correct.” Pulkin nodded, writing the answer on the board. “And why do we study Mythical Biology?”

“Because it was the easiest class.” A boy next to Medusa snorted, laughter erupting in the classroom. Medusa, however, was not amused.

She sighed, shaking her head. “We study Mythical Biology to help us learn about other races and learn from them.”

“Correct again, Miss Demgorgean.” Pulkin chuckled, walking towards the front of the class.

“You all better catch up before Miss Demegorgean blows all of you out of the water.” Pulkin teased, earning a laugh from Medusa.

All around the room, glares pierced through her. She couldn’t care less.

“What are you all looking to study in Mythical Biology?” Professor Pulkin asked, leaning against his desk.

He went around the room, asking the question to each student. Some responded with mermaids, while others responded with dragons.  Not Medusa though…

“What?” Professor Pulkin asked, hoping he misheard the woman.

“I want to study Wereology.” Medusa repeated, with a slight smile.

“Why would anyone want to study those mutts?” Scoffed a boy next to her.

“The same reason why anyone would study you,” she turned towards him with a sly smirk, “to see why you act the way you do.”

“However, I don't think anyone would want to study someone as stupid as you.” She chuckled, flicking his forehead.

Professor Pulkin laughed, attempting to regain his composure, but ultimately failing. “Medusa, I think it’s honorable that you want to take up studying Wereology. Not many people study it, especially not in Ardglass.

“Thanks.” Medusa smiled brightly.

“Teacher’s pet.” Barron teased, nudging her slightly.

“I didn’t want to be…” Medusa whispered her reply, her tone emotionless and cold, sending shivers down his spine.

“Why do you want to study Wereology?” Pulkin questioned, hopping up onto the desk. 

“Me and wolves always had this connection, I guess…” Medusa gazed down at her notebook as it glistened in the sunlight. “My parents got me tested to see if I was a werewolf, but I’m not. I don't know… something about them is so intriguing.”

“I see.” Pulkin nodded, turning back towards the blackboard. “That's a very good reason, Miss Demgorgean.”

Medusa’s smile only grew. Professor Pulkin clasped his hand. “Alright, tonight’s homework is to read chapters 1-3 in your textbooks.” He announced the class dismissed.

As Medusa left the classroom, she felt someone harshly pull on her shoulder, tugging her back towards them.

“Hey, lizard girl!” The boy who sat next to her, Jared, called out, slamming her against the wall. Her forehead began to draw blood. “What gives you the right to call me stupid? Hm?”

“What gives you the right to slam me into the wall?” Medusa groaned, attempting to stand but soon getting pushed down by Jared’s foot.

“Obviously, you don't know how things work here. In this university, I'm the top dog!” Jared growled, grinding his heel into her side. With a swift kick to the knee, he erupted a yelp from Medusa. “Don't you dare forget that.”

She slumped her body against the wall, propping up against it to slightly raise herself off the floor. Just as she was inches off the floor, her body gave out, sending her back down.

Professor Pulkin, who was just leaving his classroom, rushed towards the injured girl and helped her off the ground. “What happened?” He asked, picking up the rest of Medusa’s things.

“Stupid Jared.” Medusa grumbled as Pulkin helped her into his office, sitting her on the desk.

“He’s always been a troublemaker.” Pulkin sighed, shaking his head as he reached up to open the top cabinet. He pulled out a green liquid and some cotton balls.

“Medusa,” Pulkin dipped the cotton ball in the liquid, dabbing it on Medusa’s wounds, “why do you have snakes?”

“I don't know, Professor.” Medusa replied, scooting back as Pulkin scooted in closer. “Um… Professor?”

“Have you ever thought about cutting them?” Pulkin questioned, reached towards her snakes. However, the snakes snapped at the professor, causing him to jerk back.

“Professor, they don't like it when – hey!!” Medusa’s sudden yelp filled the room as Pulkin pulled on the snakes. “Professor! Stop it!”

“It’s amazing…” Pulkin gazed intensively at the snakes as she squirmed under his harsh grip.

“Professor!” Medusa protested, getting yanked towards Pulkin. “Stop it! You’re hurting them!”

“Shut up.” Pulkin ordered, tugging on the snakes. “How do you get these live extensions out?”

“They’re not extensions! Let… me… go!” Medusa shouted, fighting against Pulkin’s grip.

“Stay still, bitch!” Pulkin snarled, the sound of a loud painful screech echoed through the room.

Medusa’s jaw dropped to her knees as she turned around to examine the damage. Slowly, Pulkin opened his hand, allowing the dead snakes to drop to the floor.

Tears streamed down the future Vanguard’s cheek at the sight of her deceased snakes. “You… y-you…” Her eyes flicked green, veins popping out of her head. “YOU MONSTER!!!” Medusa roared, shaking the very foundation of the building.

Pulkin quivered at the snarling vanguard, scrambling out of the room. Medusa crouched down beside the dead snakes, drenching them in her tears. Holding them close to her chest, she sobbed painfully. “Don't worry… they wont hurt you… they won't hurt any of you… from this point on… nobody will touch you.”

As the memory faded away, tears streamed down Medusa’s soft cheeks. “He ripped out… your snakes?” Barron's mouth separated slightly, turning towards his mate with wide eyes.

Medusa nodded, wiping her tears. “Those snakes were named Snap, Crackle, and Pop.”

“Like the rice crispy elves?” Barron chuckled, stroking her cheek. “That’s adorable.”

“Yeah… I’ve named them all…” She held out her hand, one of her snakes slithered into it. “This one is Barron.”

“You named a snake after me?” Barron smiled, stroking the scales of the single snake.

“Yes. This was the snake that first reached out for you when we met.” Medusa giggled, resting her hand on Barron’s.

“You’ve come a long way, Medusa.” Barron whispered, stroking her cheek. “I remember when you didn’t let anyone come near you and your snakes. Now I can rake my fingers through them all day.”

“I should’ve told you sooner.” Medusa whimpered.

“Don't worry, we all have our secrets.” Barron kissed her nose. “It’s what makes us human.”

The alpha inhaled sharply, holding his breath as a memory he’d rather forget began to fade in. “You wanna know what happened the day I got that scar?” Barron's heart dropped to his stomach. “You’re about to see one of the worst days in WhiteClad Pack history.”

The white wolf snarled, digging his claws deeper into the earth as wolves began to close in on Barron.

“What’s wrong with him?” Enyo whispered, trying to soothe her child, only to get snapped at by the young wolf.

“Barron… just calm down.” Ulysses instructed, inching closer towards his son.

It was Barron’s first time shifting and nobody expected the young wolf to end up like this; enraged and ready to attack. His sister shifted just fine, no problems, and her wolf was a beautiful velvet toned.

Barron’s wolf was a beautiful white wolf with cobalt blue eyes, those of which were fuming with anger. While the wolf was young, he was powerful, taking down even the strongest of wolves.

They didn’t know what happened during the shifting ceremony to make Barron so angry, however, this wasn’t the time to figure out why this happened.

Now was the time to stop Barron from destroying more wolves.

“Mom…” Vanessa hid behind her mother, “what’s wrong with Barron?”

“There were some complications when it came to Barron shifting.” Enyo whispered, protecting her younger child.

Ulysses came into the young wolf’s field of vision, prompting a growl from the soon-to-be alpha. “Barron, we just wanna help.” Ulysses' voice grew calm.

Barron jumped at his father, however the alpha dodged his son. Barron shook off the damage, snarling at the wolves.

“Barron…” Vanessa peeked out from behind her mother’s leg.

The white wolf whipped his head towards her, stalking towards his sister. Vanessa stumbled over her feet, plummeting to the ground. “Ba-Barron?”

Taking this opportunity to exploit his prey’s mistake, Barron pounced onto the slightly younger wolf, his cobalt blue eyes piercing through her soul.

“Barron! Get off your sister!” Enyo ordered, attempting to rip Barron away from her.

Barron roared at his mother, her eyes widened. “Who do you think you are?!” Enyo solded, glaring at her son. “You will not roar at me. I’m not only your mother, but your Luna, and you will listen to me!”

Barron’s eyes never left his mother’s as his claws dug deep into his sister’s body. “Barron William WhiteClad! You will release your sister this instant!” Enyo gripped a handful of Barron’s fur.

Barron pushed her away, engulfing a clump of his sister’s hair in his mouth as he flung her against a tree. Vanessa attempted to stand, clenching onto Barron’s fur. “Barron… stop!” She pleaded, her nails clawing at the wolf's chest, most likely leaving a scar over the wolf’s pec.

The wolf however, didn’t listen, and continued to pummel on his sister. Tears streamed from her cheeks, praying for this torture to end.

The sound of a gun cocking could be heard over Vanessa’s sobs. Soon, the shot was fired, sending a tranquilizer dart towards the young wolf’s neck. The wolf slumped to the ground, passing out.

“For months, I couldn’t look Vanessa in the eye…” Barron whispered, averting his gaze.

“But she forgave you.” Medusa rested her hand on his. “That’s all that matters.”

“I guess…” Barron muttered. “It’s just, when I look at the scar…” He rested his hand on his pec. “It just reminds me of how horrible of a brother I was.”

“You know Vanessa loves and cares for you.” Medusa reminded him, kissing his cheek. “That makes you a good brother.”

~A/N~

WHALE HELLO THERE!!! I hope u enjoyed this update of Wereology cause there's gonna be a lot of parts in these final chapters! Were in the home stretch everyone!

Also, we now see how Medusa loss her first snakes and how Barron hurt his sister at a young age.

I saw it's great that Medusa and Barron found each other. They're so perfect ♥️♥️😍

Anyways! I'll see you on Wednesday! Till then, wear a mask and stay safe. There may be vaccines but covid-19 is still running rampid.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro