22: Never again

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Maya's pov

I remember being frozen and then I remember running away. I think he was following me but the tears took over and I couldn't see a thing. I reached the bungalow after what seemed liked forever and ran to the bedroom. I shut the door and locked it, sliding down with my knees tucked to my chest. I start to hear the pounding on the door and Lucas shouting for me to let him in, but I just couldn't.

"Just go away Lucas" is all I whisper and carry my dead weight to the bed and curl into a ball and cry until sleep takes over.

Lucas' pov

"How could you?"

"I love you!"

It was on repeat. Her words. Her broken voice. The tears running down her face. I hate myself for causing her this much pain. How could I hurt my wife, the woman I love? God why are you stupid Lucas. I bang the floor with my fist and put my head in my heads. Somehow I fall asleep in that position.

I woke up to the creaking of the door and my head shoots up to get a glimpse of maya, but she was holding a suitcase.

"Where are you going" I ask in a whisper, standing up to get a look at her face.

"Home" she quietly says and tries to get around me. I softly grab her wrist

"Please just talk to me, I can't let the woman I love just leave"

"Please don't say that to me, not like this" I can see the tears in her eyes and my heart is breaking over again.

"I didn't order those papers Maya. My publicist met with my parents and thought it was the best idea. This is why you haven't met them yet. They aren't really supportive right now."

My family is very traditional to say the least, so me getting drunk and marrying someone I didn't really know was not the best news they've received.

"Why are you telling me this now, you should've told me in the beginning. God am I the reason you don't have a relationship with your family!" I can see the look of horror in her eyes, and it's my job to sooth her. I cup her cheeks and move in closer.

"I'm telling you this because I love you and because I can't lose you. My family is just being difficult and once they realize that we are in this for the long run, they will be more open and accepting."

"Just to get things straight, you never wanted to break up with me?" She asks

"Of course not Maya, I don't...I can't lose you" She is the love of my life, I know that now

"Good" She gives me a huge smile and moves in closer. I tilt her chin up and meet my lips with her. For some reason this kiss is different. This kiss is passionate and sweet and pours all the love we have for each other in it.

"I'm sorry for doubting you" she breathes out and rests her forehead in my chest.

"Hey you have nothing to apologize for, I should've told you, and for that I am sorry."

"I hate fighting with you, it was physically hard to be away from you, I wanted to open that door" she tells me looking straight in the eye.

"Let's never do it again because the floor is very comfortable" I joke and we both chuckle

"I promise never again" she holds out her pinky and I intertwine mine with hers

"Never again love" and we seal it with a kiss

-/-/-/-//-/-/-/-/-/—//-/-/-/-/-/-/
Comment vote message follow

Hey guys sorry for this late update

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE SO I KNOW PEOPLE STILL ENJOY AND READ THIS STORY

Any predictions???? Thoughts???

Tell me what your favorite part of the story has been and what you want more of in this story

Thank you
Mya

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro