Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

When I woke up I was alone, the ship continued to rock gently, but the door creaked open slowly and there came my father's voice, "I'll tell her when we reach the camp," Silver walked over, head bowed and threw himself into the chair next to me. 

"Is everything okay?" I asked. 

"Yes," he said, tears still clouded his eyes. He took my hand in his. 

"You can't hide anything from me," I reminded him. 

"No," he chuckled, my father broke down into tears. I pushed myself forward doing what I could to defy the pain, I whimpered placing my leg down on the floor and wrapped my arms around him, "you should be resting." 

"Not when you're upset," I said. 

"You need to heal, I don't want you to end up like me," he said. 

"You're far more important," I insisted. Silver rested his hands on mine and continued to cry. "I know what's going on you don't need to tell me." He was broken. 

"I need you to take over when you're healed, the men can't see me weak," he said. 

"But they won't listen to me," I said. 

"Yes, yes they will," he said, "now get back into your hammock." I reluctantly complied whimpering, "you are the child of Long John Silver they wouldn't dare question you." 

"Okay, well I will use them to storm Nassau and make Woodes Rogers pay for Madi's death," I snarled. 

"One step at a time," he reminded me. Flint popped his head around the door. 

"Sorry to interrupt but we're here," he said, Silver and I nodded. Flint picked me up and carried me off the deck, Silver and I were taken to our own cabin away from the main part of the camp. We needed time alone, we both had to process Madi's death and I needed to heal, Flint laid me on the bed softly, Silver collapsed against the bed his back to me. A woman suddenly rushed in, I reached for my flintlock and raised it to her it wasn't till it clicked that Silver grabbed my arm. 

"Hey, hey, it's okay," he said and snatched the Flintlock from my grip. "Azure, this is Madi's mother." I threw myself back down onto the bed. 

"This is your child?" she asked as she approached the bed. 

"Yes, the Pirate Queen of The Silver Seahorse," she walked closer. "You have the same eyes. Treasure her while you can." Her eyes started watering I knew she had been told about Madi.

"How does she know me?" I asked. 

"When we were caught in the storm, stranded and the wind returned we were blown here. We were kept as prisoners till we became a powerful ally. Madi and I became comfortable, and then you were brought up in conversation," he was interrupted by her as she carefully sat on the edge of the bed. 

"I told him he was a fool for abandoning you, you should have stayed with him," she said. 

"I thought that every day I was stuck on that island. I rode to the shore every day hoping to see him waiting on the beach or to see his sails on the horizon but every day I was disappointed," Silver turned to look at me, tears dribbled down his cheeks. 

"You did?" he asked. I nodded and leant my head back as a wave of pain washed over me. 

"It's best I tend to her, and you two can talk later," she said. 

"Just one thing," Silver said and took the knife out of its scabbard on my boot, "now let her look after you," Silver said standing, kissing my head and leaving me. She removed the bandages that Flint had put on and put a paste over the wounds before wrapping them up again. She slowly took the blood-soaked bandages from my leg, I balled my fists, agony filled my whole being. 

"You won't be walking on this for a long time yet," she said, and placed a splint under my leg and reset it, I screamed so loud I was sure everyone around the town heard it. 

"Okay, okay, little one," she said, "here drink this, this will help with the pain. Just rest," I took the mug from her and nearly spat the liquid out but she clamped my jaw shut I had no choice but to swallow it. 

"I hate you," I said. 

"I don't particularly like you right now," she replied. Angus suddenly came rushing in and rushed to my side. 

"I thought something bad was happening, your father almost stopped me coming to see you," he said. 

"I'll leave you two, but make sure she doesn't leave the bed," she said and left us. Angus nodded. 

"No promises," he chuckled. She said no more and left us. "Can I get you anything?" I shook my head.  

"Are the horses okay?" I asked.

"Yes, they're all in a barn together," he replied. 

"Good, did we lose many men?" I asked. 

"A fair few," he said.  I tried to sit up wincing, "Hey, take it easy." 

"When we return to Nassau we need to replenish our numbers," I said. I heard the familiar thumping foot of Silver as he joined us. 

"You're not going anywhere till you can walk again and you're healed properly," he said. 

"With help from us I am sure she will," Angus said. Silver said nothing and just looked at him. Silver limped over and sat down next to the bed. 

"All she needs is family," he said. Angus left us. 

"No need to be harsh on him," I said. 

"Do not test me, Azure, I have lost the woman I love, and my daughter is injured, I apologize if I am touchy," he said. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro