Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I had been laid in the same bed for weeks, I was scolded if I tried to stand and Silver had someone stand guard at my door. Angus had bought me book after book, my father or Flint spent most nights with me. Tonight would be different, Silver limped in and took his usual place next to me. "How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Restless," I said. "How is the outside world?" 

"You're not missing much," he said, "but I have good news." I sat up slightly my musket wounds were now almost nonexistent. 

"What news?" I asked leaning up on my elbows, they shook under my weight.

"Madi is alive..." I interrupted him. 

"She is!" I exclaimed. 

"However there is a catch," he said. 

"Tell me," I said. 

"We have to return to Nassau, Woodes Rogers is holding her hostage and he wants to trade the cache for her," I went to interrupt him again. "Let me finish, he also wants the two finest and fastest horses you have. If we do not comply he will kill her." 

"You know I won't part with my horses that easy, I am sorry," I said. 

"I know Azure, and Flint doesn't want to part with the cache," he said. 

"Is that what all the yelling was about?" I asked. 

"It was, I am sorry if we woke you," he said. 

"I wasn't in too deep asleep," I replied. 

"Hopefully we'll get you up on that leg in a few weeks," he said. 

"You won't be able to balance me, and hold on to your crutch at the same time," I said. 

"I can manage," he said. "I've managed this far." The next day Angus and Silver helped me limp to the beach, I whimpered as I placed my weight on it. 

"Take it easy," Angus said. 

"Shut up," I said and shrugged him off me. 

"Maybe it's better you return to the village," Silver said as I limped into the water I paused and let it wash around my feet it numbed the pain for so long. Till a strong wave washed over and I toppled over, Silver limped over and helped me out of the water. 

"Damn it!" I growled and threw his arm off me. 

"Don't rush yourself," he said as he tailed me up the beach. 

"You don't get it, I want to be back on my horse now!" I said swinging around to face him. 

"Azure I know, but Flint and  I are not going to allow you sail with us till you can walk," he said. 

"There it is again, you and Flint! You can't think anything on your own!" I growled and limped away from him, but when the pain became too much I stopped and threw myself down onto the sand, I stared out at the sea, how I wished to be out there now. My hatred for Woodes Rogers and the Spanish grew. I spent most of the day on the beach on my own, it was refreshing to be out of the room I nearly forgot what the outside world looked like. 

"I think you could do with this," Angus said handing me a bottle of rum and sat down next to me. 

"I think you're right," I said tearing the cork off with my teeth and spat it onto the sand. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro