Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Silver, Flint and I sat out the afternoon sun as it was unbearably hot, the bandages on my leg had been changed and the pain was still intolerable I had drunk my way through two bottles of rum.  "She drinks like you," Silver chuckled looking at Flint. 

"Yes, but she's far more boring," he said. 

"I am not, take it back!" I slurred. 

"No," he said. I looked over to Silver but he didn't answer. 

"No, I am staying out of this," he said. 

"Fine," I said throwing myself down onto the sand. 

"Comfortable?" Silver asked. 

"Yes," I said. I heard neighing horses and thudding hooves. 

"Are they your horses?" Silver asked. I lifted my head to see Brazen, Coral and Breeze my three Fresian horses, they cantered over to us and all three placed their heads on my legs. Silver reached a hand out to Brazen and gently stroked his neck. 

"You most certainly do have a way with horses," Flint said and gently patted Coral's neck. 

"It's safer if we leave them here rather than take them with us," Silver said. 

"But," I pushed myself up onto my elbows looking at him. 

"I know you need them, but because of their importance I can't have them distracting you," he said. "You, Flint and I must keep our minds on getting Madi back safely." 

"Your father's right," Flint said. 

"Just think they'll be here when you return," he said. 

"I know," I said stroking Brazen's nose.  "I can tell you now Woodes Rogers is not getting a single horse." All three of my horses pinned their ears, they agreed with me. 

"We're not leaving until you are walking on your own," Flint said. 

"I know, no need to remind me," I sighed. 

"I think you've just sobered her up," Silver laughed. 

"I have been sober for a little while now," I replied.  "You two are so boring." The horses neighed and gently pushed the horses' heads off me and hauled myself onto Brazens back. The other two stood with me. 

"Where are you going?" Silver asked. 

"For a ride, I need to make sure my weapons are ready. On this injured leg, I am not going to get anywhere," I said and gently nudged Brazen in the ribs and we began to walk away to the blacksmith. He paused and looked up at me hearing my horse's hooves. 

"Your new blade is not ready just yet Miss," he said. 

"Just make sure it is ready for when we leave," I demanded. 

"It will be," he said. 

"Good," I replied and rode to find Angus, my quartermaster but all I found was a note on the bed in his cabin. He had abandoned us, he no longer wanted to serve under my father. Furious I threw the note into the fire, I knew he couldn't have got far, I thundered into the forest. I carefully rode over the traps and the pits, however, when I reached one pit, it was too late Angus had fallen into one and died. "That's what you get for abandoning me," I said and turned my horse around. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro