• 17 - "Hell." •

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The Next Day...

"Hey, Haru."

I felt someone shaking me, as I awoke from my sleep. "Ngh..." I yawned, my eyes slowly adjusting to the sunlight that shone through the window. I sat up, rubbing my eyes.

"I take it that you slept well?" I turned to see Soren sitting on the edge of my bed. "Yeah... I guess." I stretched. "So, when are we going to explore the Underworld?" He asked, causing a long silence between us.

"Today I guess..." I sighed. "You sound pissed." He laughed. "I'm not. Trust me." I laughed along with him. "Hey, can I tell you something?" I asked, as he nodded. "I have a feeling that all of us are going to change the world as soon as we set foot down there... Something will... Will..." I got a massive headache.

"Hey, easy." He said, resting a hand on my shoulder. "Look, long story short, something big is going to happen there." I said.

"Like...?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "Like... Maybe a boss?" I said, unsure. "Regardless, we need to prepare before we go down there..." I continued, as he nodded. "I'll tell the others." He smiled, as he walked out of the room.

I don't know why...

But whenever I think of that dream...

My head hurts like hell.

I got up, and put my armor on after I got dressed, and walked out of my bedroom. "Morning Haru." Yuki waved. "We're all ready to go." Soren said, as I nodded. "It'll be a long journey, but we'll make it." I said, as everyone smiled, ready to venture into the caves.

"Let's go." I said, as we all walked out the door.

<In The Caverns...>

"Watch your step." Soren advised, as we avoided a large hole that led to a cave below us. "Is it just me or is the temperature increasing as we go deeper in the cave?" Grim asked.

"It's not you." Yuki whined. "We must be closer to the underworld then." Soren said, as I nodded. I jumped down into the cave below us, landing on my feet. We continued to go further and further into the caverns, until we began to see ash scattered everywhere.

"This must be it." I mumbled, looking down through a small hole in the floor, and spotting a giant pit of lava. "It has to be." Soren said, as we kept moving forward.

The cave we were walking through ended with a big drop-off into the underworld. "We may have to find another way to get around. We can't jump from here to that platform. We'd fall in lava." I said, staring down at the thick, reddish-orange liquid below us.

"Soren did this cave branch off anywhere close to here?" I asked, as he nodded. "Back here. Though it's a very small one." He said, as i nodded.

Once we reached the other cave, we had to go through it one by one due to its size. "This one leads to a platform." I smiled. "Sweet!" Yuki cheered. "It's gonna be a big jump, but we can manage...." I jumped down, and landed on an ashy hill. The others had jumped down after me.

"The underworld... A large open cavern as close to the world's core as possible." Vulcan said, looking around. "Oh... My... Gawd! HARU LOOK THAT BAT IS ON FIRE!!!" Yuki said, repeatedly tapping my shoulder. "That would be a hellbat." I sighed.

"There's also weird imps and demons everywhere. Oh, and lava. Entirely..." Solana grumbled. "What happened to you being a pyromaniac?" I joked. "I am not a pyromaniac! Just because my gauntlets spew flames doesn't mean that I'm crazy about fire." She huffed, crossing her arms.

I looked behind me, suddenly feeling someone's presence.

Are we... Being watched?

"Something up Haru?" Soren asked, as I shook my head no. I continued concentrating on the exploration of he underworld.

<???>

They seem to be doing very well.

However...

Something big will happen soon, I do hope that they are fully prepared.

The world is about to change.

...literally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEYO peeps! It's me, WaffleCake!

I'm sorry for the delay and the short chapter, haha.

QUESTIOOOOON TIMMEEEE

"I know this isn't technically related to the book, but what was your first ever handheld game, or your first console?(Ex. DS, N64, PS2... Etc.)"

My answer!: DS Lite! It broke in half though. It had froze one day, so I threw it against the wall and broke it. After that, it only worked at night. O-O

I've been busy playing FFXIV, and I've been writing another book.

So, I'll try to get the next chapter posted sooner XD

That being said, I'll see you all in the next chapter! Bye bye!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro