07 | missing marinette

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Alya's POV

It was Friday again. It had already been a little more than a week since Mari told Adrien her feelings. I shuffled in my seat, trying to find a more comfortable position as I tapped my foot anxiously. Impatient, I turned my attention towards the wall clock in the back of the classroom to check the time. I sighed, somewhat relieved, when the time read two-fifty pm.

The day was almost over.

I glanced over to the seat next to me and frowned, reminded once again that Marinette's seat remained vacant. Ever since Monday, Marinette hadn't shown up to school. I called, texted and even left voicemails.

No answers.

Where was that girl?

Why has she been absent this whole week?

The bell for the day finally rang, interrupting my thoughts, and I stood quickly while I began to pack my things.

"Alright students," Ms. Bustier called, "Don't forget to read pages 22-30."

I sighed as I swung my backpack over my shoulder and headed out of the classroom. Nino, noticing my quick pace, quickly followed after me.

"Hey Alya!" Nino called out once I was outside. I turned to the sound of my name being called, only to catch the image of the brunette DJ running towards me, and a despicable blonde following close behind. My frown returned at the sight of Adrien by Nino's side. "Where's Marinette?" Nino asked once he had approached me fully.

"That's a good question," I replied somewhat sarcastically, my gaze drifting slightly to glare at Adrien. "I wish I knew."

Nino laughed, though what I said hadn't been meant to be taken lightly. "Haha real funny," he joked, "You always know where she is. You guys are best friends! So, seriously, where is she? Is she doing okay? I haven't seen her in a while."

"I wasn't being sarcastic on that last part Nino, I really don't know." I replied sadly, "She hasn't shown up to school since Monday, and I can get ahold of her."

"Did you try calling her?" Adrien interjected.

I rolled my eyes. Duh Adrien. What do you think trying to get ahold of her means? Stupid. Trying to keep myself composed, I replied, "Yes, I've tried everything I can think of. She's not getting back to me."

Adrien stared off into space, lost in thought before he replied, "Maybe we should go to the bakery and see what's up?"

Nino exhaled heavily, "Sorry bro, but this weekend I'm booked. I gotta help my parents finish packing their stuff for their anniversary trip."

I sighed heavily. I wanted to see Marinette so baaaad. But, I too was booked. "As much as I love that idea..." I sighed, deflated. "I can't. My mom is on a business trip and I have to go home and constantly keep an eye on my siblings. Those two girls get into more trouble than you know."

Adrien heaved a heavy sigh. "Okay, " The blonde replied, and it seemed he was a little... disappointed? "I guess I'll just go alone."

"Are you sure that would be a good idea?" I asked, unsurely. Nino also gave the blonde a questionable look.

Adrien shrugged his shoulders. "Well, someone has to make sure she's alright. She has been missing since Monday."

Exchanging a look between each other, Nino and I both nodded in agreement. "Well, I guess you make a good point." I said.

"Just be careful," Nino added, "And be nice."

Adrien chuckled, as if he considered Nino's warning to be humorous. "I am nice," and when Nino and I glared at him in response, Adrien chuckled nervously. "Well, most of the time. And what do I possibly need to be careful of?" He asked.

"Careful not to hurt her even more." I replied, and Adrien nodded slowly.

"Right..."

"Also," Nino smirked, "You haven't been the nicest person lately."

"Shut up, Nino." Adrien playfully punched his friend's shoulder, causing me to laugh in response.

Despite Adrien being a complete and utter idiot, it was not so bad having him around again.

"What time are you planning on going to see Mari anyway?" I asked.

Adrien glanced down at his phone, checking the current time. "Probably later tonight, nine ish or so."

"Why so late?" Nino questioned.

Adrien sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "I've got fencing all afternoon."

"Alright," Nino patted his shoulder. "I'll see you later, man."

"See ya!" Adrien and I said in unison, and Nino waved back at us before waking away.

"Well, I gotta go too." I sighed, glancing up at Adrien a bit awkwardly. "So, I'll see you later."

"Okay," Adrien smiled, "See ya."

I offered a small smile in return as I began to walk away. Realizing I had accidentally forgotten something I needed to say, I zipped around just in time to catch Adrien's fleeting figure.

"Hey Adrien!" I called from my spot and his head zipped around in my direction. "Tell me how everything goes with Mari!"

He nodded and gave me a thumbs up. "Will do!"

You go Adrien!
Make things right!
Ha ha ha... he's gonna fail ;p
Ok byyyyyyyeeeeee

Vote?
Comment?
Share?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro