08 | a special visit

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chat Noir's POV

I stood on top of the Bourgeois hotel. Although I had told myself I would be visiting Marinette around nine, patrol had gone a little longer than expected, especially since Ladybug never showed. Sighing heavily, I pulled out my baton, dialed Ladybug's number, and placed it up to my ear. It immediately went straight to voicemail.

"Sorry Chat, if you're listening to this, it's because I'm not transformed right now. Please leave me a message and I'll call you back as soon as possible, okay Kitty?"

She giggled at the end before it beeped. I smiled upon hearing her innocent giggle before I sighed heavily, and left yet again another message. "Hey Ladybug, just calling for the tenth time. You're worrying me, miss bug. Where have you been? You missed patrols all this week, and you didn't show tonight either. I hope everything's okay. Call me back soon."

I hung up and sighed heavily. It'd been a while since I'd heard her sweet voice. All my calls had gone straight to voicemail. I hadn't seen Ladybug since Saturday on our last patrol. She seemed a little down from the last time, when she snapped at me unexpectedly, and I still couldn't figure out why she'd been so upset to begin with. As a matter of fact, I don't think I could ever recall a previous time where Ladybug had gotten that upset, let alone take out some of her frustration on me. She'd been missing every other patrol since then, and her repeated absence was making me worried. However, as much as I worried for Ladybug, I intended to keep my word in visiting Marinette and making sure she was okay.

I hopped across the buildings of Paris until I landed on the balcony of a certain, all too familiar, bakery. I peeked through her window curiously, only to find darkness. I sighed. No matter if she was asleep or not, I was going to see her. No, I needed to see her. I needed to make sure she was alright.

I slipped through her trapdoor silently, which was surprisingly unlocked. As I crept into the room, I noticed a dim light coming from her bed. Sure enough, Marinette laid silently in bed, absently scrolling through her feed on her phone. The dim light from her phone reflected on her face, allowing me to have a clearer view. But, what I saw only deepened my frown. Marinette's expression was completely stoic, without any light. She looked miserable, and it was my fault. Deciding to make my presence know, I opened my mouth to speak a word, only to shut it almost instantly when her phone suddenly began to ring. Quickly, I jumped back further into the shadows, prepared to listen carefully to her conversation. I figured that whoever was on the other line was probably Alya.

"Stop calling me..." Marinette mumbled to herself, and I watched shockingly as she swiped the decline button, ending the call. And I was for sure the caller ID was— tilting my head to the side, I gasped at the sight of who she had just declined. Alya? Why was Marinette declining her calls? I shifted a little to get a better view, somewhat concerned for her isolation. And that's when I heard another voice enter the room.

"Marinette? Why are you not answering your calls? You know she's just trying to help."

"I wish people would just stop trying to help," Marinette replied to the voice. Sighing deflated, she added, "There's nothing they can help with anyways."

All of a sudden, a red light flew up in front of Marinette. Perfect for my eyes to catch a glance of the... KWAMI?!

Ladybug's kwami?

"Sometimes talking to others about what you're feeling is a good thing. It can really help." The kwami advised.

Marinette frowned, lowering her phone slightly so that she could peer at the kwami. "Yes Tikki, I know... but I'm not in the mood for talking."

Tikki? So, it really was a kwami. So, that means, Marinette is...

"You haven't been in the mood to talk for weeks, Mari, and you can't keep going on like this. You haven't been to school in four days and you're neglecting your duties as Ladybug." Tikki, the so called kwami, scolded. "You're even neglecting your friends."

I gasped, almost a little too loudly. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Marinette was Ladybug and Ladybug was Marinette!

Oh no.

This was not good.

Yeah... oh no is right.

Hey! Hope you guys are still enjoying this! I apologize for the sadness and cliffhangers.
Should I stop writing those two things?

Nah.
R.I.P me

Vote?
Comment?
Share?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro