Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

So I haven't updated in a lil while
good to see you all again.
-----------------------------

Vrooom
The car roars to life as I stuff our bags in the back seat. I hop into the front and plug my phone into the radio.
"Love you." Dan says and kisses my cheek.
"Love you Dan." I lean into his shoulder and smile.
"I feel like we need a small vacation alone together (a/n: lol FOB) to distract us from everything going on. Also, I checked your channel and you have 15,000 subscribers so I called your boss. He said you're welcome to come back any time you want and will be missed." Dan smiles and starts pulling out of the back garage.
"You did WHAT?" I almost yell.
"Please trust me in this! Don't be mad at me; trust me your channel will do great! I bet that next year you'll be invited to YouTube summit and all the big conventions!" He says encouragingly.
I'm just scared.
What if my channel falls through and I have nothing to do?
"Stop worrying babe." Dan says quietly.
"Okay." I sigh. Maybe it will work out.
"I like the name of your channel by the way." He says, eyes on the road ahead of him.
"Thanks." I smile.
I feel a lot more confident now.
I named my channel TheLifeOfAudrey, I thought it was sufficient for what my channel was, my life. I decided I could be like Joey Graceffa and do Volgs and storytimes with the occasional DIY or makeup tutorial.
"Let's get some music up in here!" Dan says happily and I open my music app.

Did you stand there all alone?

I sing along to Cage The Elephant streaming from the speakers in the car.

Cigarette, daydreams!

Dan sings in a soft tone but very quietly.

Large dark grey clouds cover the slowly cover the sky as we drive. Dots of rain speckle the wind shield as the wipers whisk them away.
I always loved driving down the road in the winter. The skies are dark and cloudy, rainy. It's comforting almost, like you are the only one on the road and you are alone with your thought, or Dan. I've always dreamed of a love like this.
I never thought I would have a love like this.

"I never thought I'd have someone like you." I say very quietly, I'm not sure he can hear it over the squeak of the wipers.

"I never thought I'd have someone like you either Audrey. I love you so much not even words can explain and I just want to be here with you forever." He says quietly but not as quiet as me.

The sound of wipers stop.

Small flakes of grey flutter through the sky. It's silent.

"Audrey?" Dan says with his eyes ahead of him.

"Yes?" I answer.

"Would you play truce?" He asks, almost sounding pained. Maybe he remembers his family. I know how hard it is to go through and it isn't easy to forget.

"Of course babe." I say and grab the ukulele from behind my seat.

"You never told me you played," Dan says.

"It's been a secret of mine." I smile and warm my cold hands up before playing.

I play the song and sing as Dan hums along.

"Why is everything you do so beautifully perfect in every way?" He smiles to himself.

"It's no-" I start to say but Dan cuts me off.

"Audrey I love you with every bone in my body and every molecule in my being, trust me. The way your hair flows over your shoulders and slowly falls into your eyes as you play. The way you hum along to songs in the car. The way you dress, you just look so beautiful. I love the way you smile and hate when you try to hide it but you can't because it's so beautiful it shines through so the world can see. I love the way you hum truce, I love the way you play ukulele! I love the way you stroke my hair and the way you wake me up in the morning. I love the feeling of your warm kisses on my cold face and how you brush the hair out of my face. I just love you." He says.
I feel a tear drop down my cheek. I quickly try to wipe it away before he can see.
"Babe why are you crying?" He asks worriedly.
"I'm just so lucky. I may not have been lucky in the past, but God I am lucky, so so so lucky to have you." I sniffle.
"Hey lets get some food okay?" Dan says sweetly.
"Sounds good." I smile and lean to kiss his cheek.
" I love you." He says as we pull into a small parking lot.
"I love-" he cuts me off with his lips on mine.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro