44: Loving Someone

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A/N: I've resisted the urge to make some the 1975 references the whole book so it is time my children.

"So I heard, you found, somebody else. And at first I thought it was a lie. I took all the things that make sound, the rest I can do without."

Somebody Else by the 1975 played through my earbuds as I found a box to fill with some of my things.

My phone buzzed next to me on the bed.

Dans bed.

Not our bed, no. Dans bed.

It was Phil texting me.

"I'm so sorry. Aud, I know you're leaving so I'm going to miss you so much. Please visit me sometime."

A tear slips down my cheek.

I remember the piece of metal I have wrapped around my finger and slowly slide it off.
Kissing the small bow on the top for the last time, I lay it on his bedside table.

I throw all my clothes and makeup in the box along with my laptop and charging cables. Books and trinkets tumble into the box. I pick up the picture frames of us off the dresser and slide the pictures out, leaving the empty frames.

I have almost all my things packed into a box and my tote bag.

I walk out the door, taking in the aroma of the flat for the last time.

I close the door behind me and lock it, leaving the key in the houseplant next to the door where Dan always kept a spare until he met me.

I fumble in my purse for the old key to my flat, I haven't been there in forever. I reach the doorstep and smile to be home. Kind of. It's not the home I'm used to, but it's mine of course.

I step in and turn on the lights, plug in my Bluetooth speaker.

I try to cheer myself up with some of Matt Healys soothing voice.

"I like your face despite your nose,"

As in any cliche break up, the girl gets very emotional.

It's what we do, ya know.

I pick up my phone, sobbing, and stop crying for enough time to order pizza.

As I set it down, my phone buzzes again.

"Good lord." I mumble to myself.

It's Troye. My sweet Troye.

"Hey Audrey, Phil told me about you and Dan. I'm in town if you need me❤️❤️"

I text back

"Come over anytime. I'm at my flat if you want to come and have a crying party❤️"

I let a small smile creep onto my face, but it quickly disappears as I open the door for the pizza man.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro